Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Elizabethtown

Featured Replies

11 hours ago, Westernside said:

I always hate when current HC hire for other positions and it gets out, I'm sure it's a tough spot for everyone involved,especially if they don't get it.

It is important to understand that many people do not have any verification or idea that a certain coach applied for a job. It is a lot of throw names against the wall and see what sticks. Unfortunately, people see a name and regurgitate it as fact, when in reality somebody made it up. This is what causes the most problems. 

  • Replies 79
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Coach Preston
    Coach Preston

    Whoever told you that I have applied is absolutely lying to you. I have not applied for this position or any. Just wanted to clear that up. Happy Holidays.

  • MrKnowNothing
    MrKnowNothing

    Interviews will begin next week.  

  • Talked to a coach today that will interview for the job. He is excellent. If he is the hire, they are going to be in great hands, and for a significant length of time. 

19 hours ago, Hard Work said:

For a program that has been to the big game this seems like a late development for a feeder system. @JellyRoll do you know what took so long to get this going? I know they have a really nice park for youth soccer and there are some football fields there as well. Is football just behind the curve? It would seem to me that every school district not just in Elizabethtown and Hardin County would want this along with everyone in the state. 

I think this is just not possible at the HS level in Hardin Co except for Etown. I'm not sure how youth football works in other counties but I think for something like this to be successful you must have an amazing booster/alumni club, or you are a county school where the kids playing in that league are exclusively going to YOUR school. Other than that, I think it's hard. The youth city leagues are divided between JH, CH and NH and there are multiple different city leagues in Hardin Co. 

36 minutes ago, DawgsFan100 said:

I think this is just not possible at the HS level in Hardin Co except for Etown. I'm not sure how youth football works in other counties but I think for something like this to be successful you must have an amazing booster/alumni club, or you are a county school where the kids playing in that league are exclusively going to YOUR school. Other than that, I think it's hard. The youth city leagues are divided between JH, CH and NH and there are multiple different city leagues in Hardin Co. 

Could they not create a league with each individual youth program and they all play each other. I am sure each has age/grade levels that could align similarly.

I also believe it’s accomplished by having a guy in the seat who’s willing to work throughout the feeder program. If you sit only at the HS and leave your lower programs alone you don’t care about your foundation or the longevity of the program IMO. In an independent district I can imagine numbers are an issue when getting kids into the buildings (Enrollment, Building Space, Classroom Size Caps) so you should be trying to ensure a transition from youth league to MS so that you know those kids are in the building that feeds your program. 

1 minute ago, Hard Work said:

Could they not create a league with each individual youth program and they all play each other. I am sure each has age/grade levels that could align similarly.

I also believe it’s accomplished by having a guy in the seat who’s willing to work throughout the feeder program. If you sit only at the HS and leave your lower programs alone you don’t care about your foundation or the longevity of the program IMO. In an independent district I can imagine numbers are an issue when getting kids into the buildings (Enrollment, Building Space, Classroom Size Caps) so you should be trying to ensure a transition from youth league to MS so that you know those kids are in the building that feeds your program. 

Possible in theory? Sure. That would take multiple cities to come together and agree which school gets which league and who's going to coach the principles of each system for the 3 schools? Just a lot of coordination that I haven't seen from anyone in this county. Usually Etown league is Etown, Central and some John, Radcliff league is almost exclusively NH, little JH and Vine Grove is usually NH and JH split. The only school that is struggling with numbers (school wide/athletically) right now is John Hardin and that is because the board continues to neglect the youngest school in the district. From what I understand freshman enrollment is best it has been at JH in 6 years also. Feeder programs in Hardin Co are the Middle Schools. John Hardin actually hosts youth league games on their field as well. 

44 minutes ago, DawgsFan100 said:

Possible in theory? Sure. That would take multiple cities to come together and agree which school gets which league and who's going to coach the principles of each system for the 3 schools? Just a lot of coordination that I haven't seen from anyone in this county. Usually Etown league is Etown, Central and some John, Radcliff league is almost exclusively NH, little JH and Vine Grove is usually NH and JH split. The only school that is struggling with numbers (school wide/athletically) right now is John Hardin and that is because the board continues to neglect the youngest school in the district. From what I understand freshman enrollment is best it has been at JH in 6 years also. Feeder programs in Hardin Co are the Middle Schools. John Hardin actually hosts youth league games on their field as well. 

Logistically it seems like all it would take is some coordination from the 3 HS head coaches? Maybe I am reaching.

1 minute ago, Hard Work said:

Logistically it seems like all it would take is some coordination from the 3 HS head coaches? Maybe I am reaching.

I am curious to what other school systems have a similar model and how long has it been successful? In a county like Hardin Co with multiple schools in the county. I think its definitely an interesting idea but I just don't see enough support locally for it to happen. 

9 minutes ago, DawgsFan100 said:

I am curious to what other school systems have a similar model and how long has it been successful? In a county like Hardin Co with multiple schools in the county. I think its definitely an interesting idea but I just don't see enough support locally for it to happen. 

Bullitt County has the GBCYFL.  Up until a few years ago, there were nine teams in the league.  Each school (BE, BC & NB) each had three teams and they all played each other for a total of 8 games a year then had a playoff.  It wasn't always the most competitive and some teams would struggle to field a team at all.  A few years ago, Bullitt East pretty much broke off to form the MWFCA and join another more competitive league.  Now, some Mt. Washington teams still compete in the GBCYFL, but most kids from the Mt. Washington area compete in the MWFCA.

Just my own opinion, but I don't think it works real well having just a league formed with only one county unless it's something like Jefferson County, but even they have the LYFL and have teams in it from other counties.

2 minutes ago, Unrivaled97 said:

Bullitt County has the GBCYFL.  Up until a few years ago, there were nine teams in the league.  Each school (BE, BC & NB) each had three teams and they all played each other for a total of 8 games a year then had a playoff.  It wasn't always the most competitive and some teams would struggle to field a team at all.  A few years ago, Bullitt East pretty much broke off to form the MWFCA and join another more competitive league.  Now, some Mt. Washington teams still compete in the GBCYFL, but most kids from the Mt. Washington area compete in the MWFCA.

Just my own opinion, but I don't think it works real well having just a league formed with only one county unless it's something like Jefferson County, but even they have the LYFL and have teams in it from other counties.

Do they implement Bullitt County schemes on offense or defense? I think that is where the real advantage comes in. You will gain an advantage with just playing with the same group of guys from a young age but if you can have 8-9 year olds start learning the spread or 4-3 defense I think it really helps as they go to MS and HS. This is really interesting, I appreciate you sharing this. 

At Campbellsville, we currently have our own league that consists of a 1st/2nd Team, 3rd/4th Team and a 5th/6th Team. The Youth programs are part of a Conference and play every weekend. The Youth program has a Director chosen by and approved by the High School Head Coach (Coach Estes) and all assistant coaches are involved. 

1 minute ago, DawgsFan100 said:

Do they implement Bullitt County schemes on offense or defense? I think that is where the real advantage comes in. You will gain an advantage with just playing with the same group of guys from a young age but if you can have 8-9 year olds start learning the spread or 4-3 defense I think it really helps as they go to MS and HS. This is really interesting, I appreciate you sharing this. 

The Mt. Washington teams in the GBCYFL didn't; they just ran whatever "worked", but the MWFCA tries to do that.  Sometimes it's difficult to get a bunch of 8 and 9 year old kids to understand formations, terminology and sling the ball around the field, but the overall concepts are taught and we try to align the programs from Pee Wee to High School.  The MS runs the same offense as the HS for Bullitt East and many of the defensive concepts are the same.

Just now, Unrivaled97 said:

The Mt. Washington teams in the GBCYFL didn't; they just ran whatever "worked", but the MWFCA tries to do that.  Sometimes it's difficult to get a bunch of 8 and 9 year old kids to understand formations, terminology and sling the ball around the field, but the overall concepts are taught and we try to align the programs from Pee Wee to High School.  The MS runs the same offense as the HS for Bullitt East and many of the defensive concepts are the same.

Same.... Terminology, Formations and Instruction is more of a focus for the 5th/6th Grade Team. 

BE just won one and Campbellsville is on the rise. Imagine if these 3 teams went and met with the counties that are doing this similarly. 

I had the opportunity to spend some time in TX. This is the norm. KY HS Football has the ability to be so much better.

  • Author
3 hours ago, DawgsFan100 said:

Possible in theory? Sure. That would take multiple cities to come together and agree which school gets which league and who's going to coach the principles of each system for the 3 schools? Just a lot of coordination that I haven't seen from anyone in this county. Usually Etown league is Etown, Central and some John, Radcliff league is almost exclusively NH, little JH and Vine Grove is usually NH and JH split. The only school that is struggling with numbers (school wide/athletically) right now is John Hardin and that is because the board continues to neglect the youngest school in the district. From what I understand freshman enrollment is best it has been at JH in 6 years also. Feeder programs in Hardin Co are the Middle Schools. John Hardin actually hosts youth league games on their field as well. 

So to give a little bit more clarification. The local league in Elizabethtown is the Elizabethtown Area Youth Football League. It has existed for 60 plus years and it has historically had kids from Elizabethtown and all over Hardin Co. Their numbers are good enough that they have 4-5 teams per age group and they play each other throughout the season and have their own championship etc...Kids are drafted by coaches in each age group and each team could be a combination of kids that go to multiple different schools.

There was also the North Hardin Youth Football League which mostly had kids from the north end of the county that would end up going to North Hardin or John Hardin. And for a few years there was the Hardin County League which mostly had kids from the South end of the county who would end up going to Central Hardin.

The North Hardin and Hardin Co. leagues no longer exist and there are a few different travel teams in the North end of the county that play in various leagues in the state. 

3-4 years ago the Etown Panther Youth football program was developed. These kids all go to Etown Independent schools and they play in a league against schools from Larue, Taylor, Mt. Washington, Nelson etc....

1 hour ago, JellyRoll said:

So to give a little bit more clarification. The local league in Elizabethtown is the Elizabethtown Area Youth Football League. It has existed for 60 plus years and it has historically had kids from Elizabethtown and all over Hardin Co. Their numbers are good enough that they have 4-5 teams per age group and they play each other throughout the season and have their own championship etc...Kids are drafted by coaches in each age group and each team could be a combination of kids that go to multiple different schools.

There was also the North Hardin Youth Football League which mostly had kids from the north end of the county that would end up going to North Hardin or John Hardin. And for a few years there was the Hardin County League which mostly had kids from the South end of the county who would end up going to Central Hardin.

The North Hardin and Hardin Co. leagues no longer exist and there are a few different travel teams in the North end of the county that play in various leagues in the state. 

3-4 years ago the Etown Panther Youth football program was developed. These kids all go to Etown Independent schools and they play in a league against schools from Larue, Taylor, Mt. Washington, Nelson etc....

Radcliff still has a couple of teams that play in the LYFL don't they?  I'm assuming those are the "travel teams" you referred to.

And I think it's the E-town Ironmen that play in the MKYFC.  They usually put a fairly decent team on the field.

  • Author
On 12/11/2023 at 5:19 PM, Unrivaled97 said:

Radcliff still has a couple of teams that play in the LYFL don't they?  I'm assuming those are the "travel teams" you referred to.

And I think it's the E-town Ironmen that play in the MKYFC.  They usually put a fairly decent team on the field.

The Ironmen are Allstar teams formed out of the EAYF mentioned above. They only play tournaments at the end of the season.

The Etown Panther football teams are the ones that play in the MKYFC. 
 

Radcliff does have a couple teams that play. They seem to bounce around to different leagues. Seems to be lots of infighting every yr amongst those teams which leads to new teams being formed etc. Same reason the North Hardin league ended up dissolving 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.