Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Elizabethtown

Featured Replies

On 12/4/2023 at 4:43 PM, JellyRoll said:

You probably heard the same rumor I did about a coach in your area. I don't believe it either. I believe the article posted in the local paper said they wanted to try and have the new coach in place before spring practice begins.

Have you heard anything new from Etown? Information is hard to come by outta there!!

  • Replies 79
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Coach Preston
    Coach Preston

    Whoever told you that I have applied is absolutely lying to you. I have not applied for this position or any. Just wanted to clear that up. Happy Holidays.

  • MrKnowNothing
    MrKnowNothing

    Interviews will begin next week.  

  • Talked to a coach today that will interview for the job. He is excellent. If he is the hire, they are going to be in great hands, and for a significant length of time. 

  • Author
On 1/9/2024 at 11:56 AM, LC-Flyboy said:

Have you heard anything new from Etown? Information is hard to come by outta there!!

Not much. Seems very quiet which is surprising. The applicants they have must not be who they want because I know they’ve reached out to some other people.

I'm afraid they are going to miss the boat which could have major affects on the middle school group they have.

Talked to a coach today that will interview for the job. He is excellent. If he is the hire, they are going to be in great hands, and for a significant length of time. 

  • Author
18 hours ago, ChiefSmoke said:

Talked to a coach today that will interview for the job. He is excellent. If he is the hire, they are going to be in great hands, and for a significant length of time. 

Any hints as to who it might be? I know one younger coach who has applied. Comes from a coaching family and already has a SC under his belt as an OC.

I forgot about this thread. Actually, shocked to learn it hasn’t been filled. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, UKBaseball85 said:

I forgot about this thread. Actually, shocked to learn it hasn’t been filled. Any ideas?

Several names mentioned early on but nothing solid in quite some time. 

  • Author

I've heard that interviews are happening as we speak. I would expect an announcement by the first part of next week. 

Whoever the next coach is has some rebuilding to do over the next couple of seasons. The cupboard is somewhat bare at Etown with the current group. With QB Hainer gone, his backup transferring to Central Hardin leaves a huge question mark at that position. Add that to the loss of Trey Durbin, Alex Evans, Braydon Dean, Tyrin Jurnett, Carter Moberly and a few others and they have a lot of holes to fill and not a lot of talent to fill it with.

The MS group is good but it will likely take a couple of years for them to truly make an impact. I would expect this season to be a 1 maybe 2 win season and it doesn't help that 7/10 games will be on the road. Not ideal for an inexperienced group.

I have heard the name Tyler Mattingly in connection with this job. 

Anyone?

2 hours ago, theguru said:

I have heard the name Tyler Mattingly in connection with this job. 

Anyone?

Any idea why he would resign from CH and announce that he's retiring from teaching at yr end to start coaching at Etown? Seems odd but I've seen stranger!

2 hours ago, theguru said:

I have heard the name Tyler Mattingly in connection with this job. 

Anyone?

I heard he was contacted for an interview, but I haven't heard anything beyond that.

7 minutes ago, LC-Flyboy said:

Any idea why he would resign from CH and announce that he's retiring from teaching at yr end to start coaching at Etown? Seems odd but I've seen stranger!

This is Tyler Mattingly we're talking about. He's the son of Tim Mattingly, who just retired from Central Hardin.

 

7 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

This is Tyler Mattingly we're talking about. He's the son of Tim Mattingly, who just retired from Central Hardin.

Thanks for the correction. I misread the name. My bad.

  • Author
15 hours ago, theguru said:

I have heard the name Tyler Mattingly in connection with this job. 

Anyone?

He had an interview. Personally, I think he would be an excellent choice for the job. He already has a SC under his belt as the OC for South Warren in 2021. Worked as an OC for his dad at CH before that. 

54 minutes ago, JellyRoll said:

He had an interview. Personally, I think he would be an excellent choice for the job. He already has a SC under his belt as the OC for South Warren in 2021. Worked as an OC for his dad at CH before that. 

Any other names you know of had interviews?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.