Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hungover_in_Andover

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hungover_in_Andover

  1. There won't be a rematch with Wofo. They won't even make it there...
  2. Having the Smith father - son duo in charge there, I doubt that will be an issue. Wouldn't be surprised if they are using this stretch to prep for the Louisville teams, specifically X and T.
  3. Broncos win 27-0, rematch for the championship next Saturday at Great Crossing.
  4. Frederick Douglass looks to stay undefeated in conference. Broncos are dominating the visitors thus far. 14-0 in the 3rd, 7:22 remaining.
  5. No one cares, but the 7 teams Atherton has beaten currently have a combined 11-45 record, when they beat Iroquois on Friday, it will be 14-50. 3rd round they would get North or Apollo, right?
  6. It's either let the band play whenever they want, or I'm outta here! Lol.
  7. I think nowadays you are getting a lot of community volunteers who are just helping the team out by announcing. Not as many seasoned PAs for sure. They likely think you are supposed to do the "its 3rd down, make some noise", as well as the first down call out.
  8. Admittedly, I don't know much about Apollo, but currently at 3rd in District 1, wouldn't they have to beat OB or North to make it to the 3rd round? Sorry, as I checked back, beating North would have them at 2nd in district. I'm expecting OB to beat North as well, which would lead to a OB/Apollo rematch in the 2nd round, right? I'd have to take OB as the heavy favorite if that were to happen.
  9. If Pulaski and Wofo win out, Maroons get Cooper at home 3rd round, and we get a rematch of last night in Versailles. North vs OB playing to potentially play BG in the 3rd, and the loser likely faces Atherton in the 3rd.
  10. Looks like Tomlin ran for 5 TDs? Is that correct?
  11. Station had a great gameplan. But once the teams settled down, and its just football, the dominance showed. On to GRC!
  12. Refs throwing a ton of flags, to try and control the game. Both ways, so far. let's see what happens after the half. The half back TD pass on Station's first possession was an OUTSTANDING call. Let me know Coach Haskins means business. Station's gameplan has been playoff level so far. Douglass has responded, but my gosh the Defenders landed a lot of jabs, and a few left hooks!!! This won't be settled til the final horn, clearly. Huge turnout as well. You would think it is homecoming!
  13. South Warren isn't losing that #1 RPI seed, and its highly unlikely either X, Manual, or T would drop below Douglass, Ryle, Mad. Central or Oldham Co in the RPI standings. So, barring any 1st or 2nd round upsets, Manual/X winner plays T, and South Warren plays the survivor of the remaining "east" 6a teams.
  14. The "east west" only applies 3rd round. 4th round, its based off remaining teams RPI rankings for seeding.
  15. I think the window has closed on the "this is the year" talk for the city teams to finally beat Douglass. Having seen Station in-person against Simon Kenton, I will give the Defenders kudos for having a quarterback that actually passes vertically. That is something the Broncos have rarely faced against Station. Carpenter will have a tough go facing off against the Broncos secondary, however. CB Demond Green will be looking forward to competing against his old team. That has always been the story in this series, Bryan Station has never been able to outplay the FD defense. There have been games where the Defenders were "close", but the outcome was never in doubt. In all seriousness, I don't know if they have ever led Douglass in any games played yet. Offensively, I like the frosh QB Guzman to throw several long TDs, as Station will stack the box to stop Talbert. Douglass will get the RC cola, but Station will score a garbage TD or 2 in the 4th. 42-14 Broncos.
  16. Coin toss is pretty important here. Who gets the ball first? And who will get it after the half? If Woodford starts out on D, I think they can hold the visitors to a punt or field goal on the first drive, and then with offense past the initial hype of the beginning of the game, can work their way to a score. Folks most likely haven't seen Wofo's offense in person. They got the size to push a lot of teams around easily, and provided the defense holds serve early in the 1st half, the offensive line is going to wear out the opponent's d-line. I would look for junior RB Darrian "Man Man" Tomlin to have a breakout game here. He will have the opportunity to move the sticks early and often. Stack the box if you want, there will be a long pass completion afterward. Justyn Perez, a P4 OL and Carson Bugg will likely keep Foxx Coons jersey pretty clean. I don't think it will be a nail biter this season, I got Woodford winning 28-14.
  17. Welp! I thought Manual was gonna smoke them! let's see how RPI adjusts...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.