Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LoudenSwain

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by LoudenSwain

  1. All I’m saying is until Holy Cross, Lloyd, or Newport beat beechwood, they own this district. Their state titles and strength of schedules year in and year out make it a non conversation, first year in district or not. I’ve seen all teams in this district play. This is the year to take a shot at the Tigers. We will see what happens next few weeks, starting tomorrow.
  2. Not a moderator, but in first 2 rounds of playoffs now you play your district. 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3 week 1. Winners week 2. Saw Lloyd get shutout by a talented, but young Scott Team. Don’t think either of those teams beat Beechwood. Until someone knocks the big dog off the porch, they own the district IMO.
  3. Beechwood will win this one, just too much for the Indians. That being said, Key player to watch is Holy Cross’s Jr Wr/DB Brandon McClendon. Will be biggest test this season for him and HC, and from what I’ve seen, kid will rise to the occasion. He is electric. Personally, I’d kick a kickoff out of bounds and take the penalty as opposed to kick to him. Will be fun to see what he does against top competition.
  4. Bingo. Let’s all face it, CovCath is cleaning house lately with injecting $$$ into the school, sports facilities, coaches, etc. Heck, the “With a Spirit that will Not Die” banner wrapping the backside of their new bleachers was more of an expense than most NKY school’s budget is for coaches salaries. I know, I know. All raised through private funds. But my point is aligned with NKY Raiders. When you build programs at college levels, like CCH is, with the best coaches, kids want to go there. The best athletes want to be a part of it. IMO, that is why top athletes are going to CCH. Don’t believe me, check out the basketball roster. Highlands is and will be fine. Playing some good teams is all.
  5. McClendon is real deal. Seen him in action a few times last two years. Playmaker. Definitely warrants and deserves more attention, and as season goes on, he will demand it.
  6. Kudos to Taft. It was in fact a grind it out defensive struggle, and they held it together and persevered. Great game by Blake Shepherd and the defense overall. He was everywhere. And Taft had some incredible playmakers to stop. Losses hurt, but I gotta think this was just another game that makes the Beechies stronger as the season goes on.
  7. Its on Cincinnati TV, Channel 64. star64.tv
  8. Beau Allen gets my vote. Consistent, explosive, and no turnovers. Mayer will not win. Most talented, will most likely be playing on Sundays one day. But his QB is overrated IMO and can not get him the ball consistently. Mayer’s stats are embarrassing for a kid his caliber. He has to be frustrated. get him the ball and he gets you a state title.
  9. JV game was CCH 13, BW 7. So there’s that to support. CCH was nowhere close to dominate in that one. I was there. This series should even out next couple years. All I’m saying.
  10. Not true grasshopper. But BW does what BW does, next man up.......
  11. This is the week Beechwood starts it’s run.
  12. Just saw some pics of the new MAC. What an awesome stadium for a small school to have. Gotta think Brossart will be stoked, and with HC’s QB1 and RB1 injures, they are in trouble. McClendon will have to have a huge game for HC to have a shot IMO. Good luck to both and enjoy the grand opening!
  13. Agree, and will also be watching. Happy for Newport and kudos for the record, but haven’t played anyone. This week should paint a very good picture of how that district should plays out.
  14. No one listened to me...... Eagles lost a ton of Seniors and still on the rise. I expect big things out of this talented team.
  15. McClendon has 5 receptions for 193 and 2 TDS for Holy Cross. Kid is on a bad team, but top level talent. No disrespect to HC meant, but kid needs recognition in light of what is he facing week in and week out.
  16. These kinda comments crack up us common sense fans. Look, I love seeing NKY succeed. And yes, the last couple years CovCath has rolled with superior talent. But just how quickly fans forget just a few short years ago when CCH was even in conversation for best team in NKY. Heck, I remember a friend showing me the scoreboard in the weight room that counted down until the following years win against Highlands, which never happened BTW. Point is this is a GREAT game for NKY. Classic David vs Goliath. Battle of Ft Mitchell really (yes, I know CCH is in park hills). Enjoy it, but historically speaking, no reason a school like Beechwood should be dismissed after a couple years of success. Crazy. Everyone enjoy the night and hope all games are great with no injury.
  17. Scott forced those turnovers. I saw it personally. Boone will have issues. Scott has a lot of young players getting better each week......
  18. Easy there fella. How can you give Eviston that much credit over Rash? Two of the best here, but I’ll take Rash and his staff personally. Records and Championships deserve that respect. That being said, this game will always well prepared and coached on both sidelines. The difference has and will come down to those athletes between the lines, and who steps up. JMO.
  19. I love that the game is played. Less than 2 miles separates them and it is a huge community event. And Because every now and then the little guy knocks the big guy off the porch. Beechwood upsets CovCath on the road
  20. I’ll take the Eagles here. These talented sophomores will continue to grow as season goes on, and look for Jackson Hardin to have another big game in the secondary.
  21. Beechwood over Corbin. Domination from the opening kick til the Buses started the engines. The fact that corbin took 3 timeouts home from 2 half tells you how dominating it was.
  22. Beechwood staff planned for and kids executed an excellent gameplan. Never seen coaching this good. Dominating performance from the opening kick. Wow. Congrats BW.
  23. I’m fine with playing both if for developing the kids. What I’m not fine with is all these freshman being thrust into Varsity experience at smaller schools, or schools with low participation, and then the school canceling the JV (or Froshomore) games. Kids get screwed. Then when these kids get fed up and leave, their “Varsity” experience counts and they have to sit out. It’s crazy to me. I know a kid standing on a sideline this year that played as a freshman. He went to a school because his older brother was there. From what I’m told he never liked it, family worked with school administrators to help him adjust throughout year, then when kid decides to transfer, his running clock 0 and 11 “Varsity” experience counts. It’s nuts. Good when good coaches use for development bad when bad coaches or schools use it to keep programs alive.
  24. Long overdue. The old Raiders should have aligned with Dixie years ago.....

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.