Everything posted by LoudenSwain
-
Class 2A Playoffs: #2 Somerset vs. McLean County Predictions/Updates
Any chance McClean can slow down Somerset’s Offense? Is their only hope outscoring them? I know nothing about them, just wondering if true upset potential exists here. Thanks guys!
-
Revenge is Sweet for 12 Teams
Agreed. This is very summary info to read. Thank you for putting together.
-
Class 6A Playoffs: #9 Simon Kenton vs. Dixie Heights Predictions/Updates
I think this will be close as well. It’s been fun to watch Dixie progress this season. In my opinion, they have a legit chance to upset here from what I saw of them earlier this year.
-
Class 2A Playoffs: #4 Beechwood vs. #10 Newport Predictions/Updates
This should be a good game, but I think Beechwood will win this one and continue to get stronger week over week. They got some kids back from injury, a big size boost on the D-line, and all the youngsters are experienced now. Key to me in this one will be BW pressuring the QB to disrupt, and holding coverage on the talented Newport skill position guys. In short, BW rolls again if D-line wins upfront. Good luck to both teams, should be fun game to watch.
- Class 2A Notebook 11/10 - Round 1 Recap
-
Newport Central Catholic 17 Beechwood 14
I still disagree, and what I did not articulate well in my comment was that Beechwood LB and Secondary shut down NCC. If you can add pressure from the D-Line, you will roll them. When people see the film from Friday they will see Beechwood had no push upfront. So, if you can do that and BW d-line should moving forward from what I’m hearing, you decimate them. Again, I give kudos to NCC for taking care of business. But aside from final drive, Beechwood dominated this game. I saw it firsthand. Turnovers haunt, and NCC took the second chances and capitalized. Additionally, as mentioned in another thread, the botched punt play help them immensely in a bizarre way. Re-kicking was a major save. Kudos to that kid for making that catch, and forcing BW to accept the penalty and make NCC re-kick.
-
Scott High Eagles are rolling, but is anyone noticing?
I wasn’t there but having seen both teams in person this year, Dixie is a much better team than records shows. I too was shocked at score, but know Dixie has talent and a pretty good team too.
-
Newport Central Catholic 17 Beechwood 14
9/10 games Beechwood wins that game. Additionally, from what I saw, NewCath has a big flaw Heading into playoffs and it’s on tape for all to see. Their O-line. Get to QB and game over. If Beechwood had any push up front this game isn’t close IMO. Great game and taking away nothing From NCC, but QB had forever to make throws except when blitzes came from BW. I don’t see anyone crying here, just stating facts. Good luck to both teams in playoffs, will be fun to follow both NKY teams.
-
Newport Central Catholic 17 Beechwood 14
Turnovers haunt, just like walks in baseball. Beechwood was moving ball at will in first half, and had two drives come away with zero points because of turnovers, one on the 2 yd line. Can’t happen against a good team like NewCath. Give a team like that a chance and they will make it hurt. Kudos to NewCath for that game winning drive. Wow. Very impressive and can’t take anything away from them. On to the playoffs, good luck to both.
-
Scott High Eagles are rolling, but is anyone noticing?
Hey, no hex here. Unless Bluegrass Preps is like the cover of Madden Football on Xbox. Lol
-
1A #3 Newport Central Catholic at 2A #4 Beechwood Predictions/Updates
I don’t know if Beechwood rolls, but they will win. If they do cruise, it solidifies that once again Coach Rash and staff have looked at the hand they were dealt This year and smoked the table. If they do cruise, it should be a strong sign of another month of football in Ft Mitchell.......
-
Beechwood 38 Newport 0
Strength of schedules pays off in the end people. Beechwoods was been brutal before district play started. Paying off know. Newport’s schedule was not. Don’t let the 4 losses fool ya, BW is pretty solid right now.
-
Holmes 50 Scott 36
I’ve heard this from a few sources. Also know numerous key Scott players had the flu. Bottom line is people need to step up though and not enough did. Kudos to Holmes and Coach Nevels for the program he is building. I’ve personally enjoyed watching him and his team grow year to year, and this was a big game. They took care of business against a good team, on the road. Definitely a big step for Holmes. Good luck to both in playoffs.
- Class 2A Notebook- Filling in the Corners
- Class 4A Notebook (10/23): Almost Caught Looking Ahead?
-
Beechwood 37 Lloyd 0
According to MaxPreps your right. Probably moved positions because of size. All I know is he is one of the biggest kids on the BW sideline, without pads and helmet on. Can only help and already good team.
-
Scott High Eagles are rolling, but is anyone noticing?
Definitely an uphill battle in playoffs, but you never know. That’s why you play the game. Great year considering new Coach, new QB, etc. and for the record, I think it totally stinks that a team from Taylor Mill has to play so many games out of area distance wise. That’s another challenge no on paper.
-
2A #9 Lloyd Memorial vs. Covington Holy Cross Predictions/Updates
Lloyd will be hungry after the Beechwood game. Their Defense will be too much for HC to handle, and their offense should rebound here. Holy Cross will need to literally get the ball into McClendons hands 20-25 times to have a shot. And unfortunately, that doesn’t seem likely. Still look for him to break at least one long one to the house, just like every other week, and continue to hang with the state leaders in receiving despite the low pass attempts to him.
-
Scott High Eagles are rolling, but is anyone noticing?
The forgotten team from NKY. The Eagles are coming off 4 straight blowout wins and can’t even get a mention on these boards. What gives? 6-2 overall, 3-0 in District. Played and hung tough with Highlands for a half, then flood gates open after Perrin goes down with injury. Shutout a good Lloyd team. And in there screwed up district have more miles logged than anyone else in KY probably. Still win. Lots of talented Sophomores on this squad, and a couple darn good Seniors. Gonna be a fun night in Taylor Mill Friday as Holmes comes in. So what am I missing here? Will 7-2 make people take notice?
-
2A #4 Beechwood vs. 2A #10 Newport Predictions/Updates
Beechwood rolls and will then officially own this district. 3 opponents, 3 blowout wins. As I said in another thread a couple weeks ago, Beechwood owns this district despite the first year move to it. Level of preparation and coaching (gameplan) this week will make this a blowout in Ft Mitchell. IMO, Beechwood is prepping for a playoff run. the first 6 games of high level experience under their belt cannot be discounted, even though it brought them 4 losses.
-
Beechwood 37 Lloyd 0
Slusher, from Holy Cross. 2 way starter as Freshman. http://Here is something from MaxPreps I thought you would like: https://t.maxpreps.com/35VL39x
-
Beechwood 37 Lloyd 0
Beechwood will make a run Guru. key player coming back from injury next week (Played JV today and shined) and transfer OT/DT will be eligible for playoffs, so help coming there. Should be fun to watch how deep they can go in first year of 2A.
-
2A #4 Beechwood at #9 Lloyd Memorial Predictions/Updates
This is the battle for District IMO. Great matchup for Friday.
-
2A #10 Newport at Covington Holy Cross Predictions/Updates
Newport rolls here. Beechwood came in to Holy Cross (Thomas More) last week with 74 total points on season, and scored 68. I expect a running clock here with high point totals again as Newports offense can be explosive, and they come in with >270 pts on the year. I hope the Indians can get on track, but I just dont see it. With D1 talent at WR in McClendon, there is talent. Time for others to step up.
-
Beechwood 68 Covington Holy Cross 6
I was there, watching game #1 for the new 2A district that Beechwood joined (replacing NewCath). Went as I expected. Excellent gameplan by Beechwood. They obviously kept ball away from McClendon as much as possible. He did have the one breakout TD, but that was it. I didn’t see any injuries for either team, so good night IMO.