Class 2A Playoffs: #2 Somerset vs. McLean County Predictions/Updates

Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

Who wins this regional championship matchup? Somerset sits at 11-1 on the season. Somerset has beaten Danville and Lexington Christian Academy in a thriller to get here in the Class 2A playoffs. McLean County sits at 8-4 on the season. McLean County has defeated Hancock County and Upset Owensboro Catholic to get to this matchup.

Somerset is averaging close to 41 points per game while giving up close to 16 points per game. McLean County is averaging close to 36 points per game while giving up just over 29 points per game.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance McClean can slow down Somerset’s Offense? Is their only hope outscoring them? I know nothing about them, just wondering if true upset potential exists here. Thanks guys!

I’d say McClean is on the right track. Could be a good one in Somerset on Friday. McClean has to do something well to beat a very good O Cath team. Safe travels.

No chance. Very early running clock in this one. McLean is a tough team, but 2 trick plays in the 1st half, and a fumble by O'Cath, on the 5, going in for a 2 td lead led to the upset. Here's the deal - Somerset would have an early 2nd half running clock against O'Cath. Against MC, it will be ugly early.

Watched film on this game. Mclean is nothing Somerset hasn't seen. Offense line is slow, no break away speed, they lineup to far off the ball on defense. Somersets RB's can fall over and gain yards. They are no better then Montgomery, and we know how that went, but I did notice they are a very dirty team. 1 kid kicked in the face, multiple punches thrown,4 hits in the back after the whistle, and no flags at OC's field. Somerset need to make sure they let stuff roll off they're back, and keep they're cool. OC was the far better team, but lost some bad breaks. Johnson, Harper, Simmons, Speaks, Cimala will be laying pancakes all night by what I seen, so have the syrup ready. 48-6 Somerset starters pulled after halftime, or early 3rd.

I totally agree with this assessment, @Footballnerd

McLean is very dirty, especially #50. We OC fans sat in disbelief, as they got away with dirty play after dirty play. And, we always get accused of getting all the calls (eye roll). Anyway, contain #6, and there won't be any issues. As good as O'Cath's offense was this year, the defense couldn't stop a pee wee team. Finally caught up to them.

Edited by Kyfootballking
Emoji showing strange characters