Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LoudenSwain

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by LoudenSwain

  1. They played Beechwood. I saw it in person. Great win by St Henry. Did what they needed to to win an ugly game IMO. Congrats!
  2. Have never been to St Henry for a game. Any chance this sells out? Have heard its not that big.
  3. Yep. I looked it up. Definitely lost credibility there. ha. In my defense though, havent heard Conner mentioned in Basketball up here since Keith Greiser was the PG. Guess I need to re-acquaint myself with the Cougars to see this Scott kid. LOL.
  4. Post was for 9th region. That’s what my list was based on. Is Conner still in 9th? Getting reacclimated to all the teams last few years. Just thought they moved out.
  5. Many Great players no doubt. Based on individual play, I’d have to go: 1. Stocks - best all around IMO 2. Draud - steps up D, best all around. Best scorer around and everybody knows it’s coming. 3. Vieth - right there. 1-2-3 interchangeable really. Kid can ball. 4/5. Vinson/Mueller - best combo in region. True scorers. 6.Meyer -super talented freshman with great tools. Will move up my list Quick when he cuts TO’s out 7. Hicks - old school Post banger with heart. He wins every battle I’ve seen. 8. Disken - hard nosed player With great skills and court vision. I just Can't rank higher b/c he has too many weapons at his disposal. deserves top 10 for sure. 9. Q Calloway - tough, gritty, good defender. Can get to the rack and obviously team leader. 10. McClendon - superb athlete, great defender. can get to rim at will. Needs to be more of a focus in offense IMO. If HC ran a set with Meyer/McClendon attacking rim, with Hicks cleaning up and Niehaus as an outlet, look out. Sleeper team if can survive district. Fun topic @NKY b-ball fans. And I agree, a LOT of depth for sure. Gonna be fun to see who steps up at tournament time.
  6. Never gonna please everyone. Both of you put together good cases. CCH dominates, so none of this really matters until a local team knocks them down. Depending on seeding, look for Holy Cross to make a run. That District will be a great tournament this year. Just a shame only 2 come out of it. All teams have so much talent. Just can’t compete with what CCh has going on.
  7. Curious why they are holding him back now? Weeks ago I went to watch the SK / Beechwood game and he played a ton. Beat Beechwood and was a factor. Did he have a set back?
  8. Holy Cross is hosting a “Not Quite Maui” tournament. Holy Cross Radio team always does a great job so probably get some good updates there. Anyone know of a good, consolidated site/page that is up to date? The KHSAA scoreboard is great, but only after the fact. Various other sites I know of are not updated frequently. Thanks in advance!
  9. Thanks for supplying more details. No one shared that much before that I have read. I knew of the Mack connection, so makes more sense now. Back to football, lol, my original point was CCH is poised to retain whomever is successful. They have done things the right way to build a sustainable program. Now that the Moeller coaching position has been filled, and Eviston stayed put despite the rumors, hopefully more understand that CCH is now a premier program, and destination. Just my two cents. On another note, from a guy who works from home a lot and travels for work, it’s nice to experience water cooler talk. Truly hope no one gets offended by my comments / points. I’ve really enjoyed BGP since joining, and love these conversations. Whether we agree on everything or not, they are healthy and fun!
  10. Wow. Impressive. That’s getting it done! Any sleepers to watch for in college? Anyone really standout aside from the normal recruits we hear about?
  11. So please set the record straight. Not the first time I’ve heard a CCH person say this, but details never follow. I didn’t mean my comments as a slight. Fact is a great coach/guy/family from Northern Ohio landed in NKY via a famed New Jersey program. Considering that, as well as they had a good coach already in place (Listerman), it makes us “not in the blue blood know” look at things a little different maybe? Just saying not everyone sees things like Colonels do.
  12. The War chest reference wasn’t meant to be derogatory, just means that they have the money to do whatever is needed whenever it is needed. CCH is an excellent example of successful fundraising, alumni involvement, and preparing for the future. All I was saying is I have no doubt they are always one step ahead financially, especially in a planning sense, and have thought about protection of their programs. One walk around that campus and you know they have their you know what together nowadays. NKY Diocesean schools just don’t have that money without strong support. Visit Holy Cross or Newport Catholic and you will know what I mean. And my overall point was why would anyone leave CCH for Moeller given current states of both programs? No way I see CCH letting that happen.
  13. With the amount of $$$ being pumped into CovCath, why would anyone leave That situation? Their “with a spirit that will not die” banner on back of stadium probably cost more than most programs yearly budget. I’d say he gets the most pay of any HS coach officially, and whatever else he needs unofficially. I mean they literally brought the famed Bob Hurleys assistant in for basketball. You think they won’t pony up more cash from the war chest to keep Eviston? Moeller is no longer the prestigious job it once was. To me, this rumor is comical. Now going to the college level, at his alma Mater as someone else mentioned, that I could see happening if the opportunity presents itself. Until then, rest easy CCH fans and keep pumping $$$ in the war chest. You should be safe. :-)
  14. Guess that ends this thread of speculation! Lol. Nice to see the numbers. Two thumbs up.
  15. Saw it in person. SK met BW 3/4 court all night. Smacked them headsup every possession and contested everything. BW had a bad shooting night but mostly due to Pressure IMO. Bieger for BW was not seen in gym, definitely DNP. Don’t know what’s up there. Niece looked like he is still coming back, but played very good. I saw nothing to indicate he won’t be back to form this year, and soon.
  16. HC my sleeper pick this year. Coach Grammer is setting this program in right direction IMO.
  17. First thing I’m gonna day is I have nothing but respect for CovCath and their basketball program. As I told my buddy today, you will not find another HS team that plays every second, every play as hard as they day. Every game. Second, you are so far off regarding local kids. CCH, and I mean this as a compliment, is so close to being a nationally recognized school. They literally hung with, and were beating, Oak Hill Academy in the 2nd half. They were seriously one, maybe 2 more high caliber players Coming off the bench from pulling this one out. Multiple times they had 2 Cincinnati kids, a transfer from Texas and Indiana on the floor. And guess what. It’s ALRIGHT in my book. Winning breeds success, and recruits itself. I for one loved watching a NKY team give a national power all they wanted. But to set record straight, this in nowhere near a “NKY” team anymore. This program has reached the next level, and deservedly so. If you don’t agree, watch these kids, whoever is on the floor, every second, of every play. Hang your heads high CCH. You did great!
  18. Drove down to watch This one. You coulda drove my van through the holes Mayfield opened up. Beechwood lost this game in the trenches IMO. BW D-line could not get any pressure on QB. Kid had all day to throw, and with his weapons you just can’t do that. As for the battle of the QBs, Stinson was good but not nearly as good as I’d read about all week. Not knocking the kid, he’s tough. but His Skill weapons Are top notch. Hergott from BW had a bad game tonight, but I take him in a dogfight anytime. Awesome environment, highly recommend seeing a game there if you a High School football fan. Hospitality was great. If your coming from Northern KY, just get a hotel room. Brutal road 5+ hr trip. Good luck next week Cardinals. Go get your 13th title.....
  19. My comment about Hergott wasn’t triggered by yours. I get the Stinson kid is good. But my comment was because Hergott gets classified as a running QB mainly, and that’s not the case. Can he/will he run? Absolutely. But until I saw him play in person a couple times I myself had no idea how strong his arm was. He can roll opposite and throw across field with accuracy and strength. That all I was saying. Should be a good game.
  20. Haven’t seen the Mayfield kid play, but I have seen Hergott a few times. When I see the Mayfield kid rollout to his left and throw a 20 yd dart down the field to a receiver who toe taps the sideline, I’ll believe Ya. Kid has a great arm. Threads the needle all the time. Should be a great matchup.
  21. If Beechwood gets to QB, and I think they will, they will surprise folks in this on. I just have a feeling that this is the game where all the early season adversity against a brutal schedule pays off. I’m taking the Beechies. On another note, looking up these state semifinal matchups, it’s crazy the distance some of these games cover. I’m of the opinion you open up Kroger Field, EKU, Louisville, and let all the Regional Champions experience next level settings. Insane a team has to travel 5 hours and play a game in state. Just my opinion.
  22. Too many options everywhere, all at your fingertips if desired. All levels Even NFL having same attendance issue. Sad but don’t know how you combat it in today’s digital world.
  23. I take Somerset. I’ll actually take them to take the next game too. Just too strong IMO. Good luck to both!
  24. Slusher is ready to be cut loose. I’ve seen this kid for a few years. 6’4 - 6’5”, 230+. Was 2 way Varsity starter as Freshman at Holy Cross, so that experience with the Recent eligibility during playoff run, means he is not green. BW will need to pressure QB this week to have a chance. With Noah playing Iron Man football, Slusher can Help add that pressure And keep Noah fresh. Key to me for this game is getting to Mayfield QB and disrupting. Give him time, and those D1 receivers will make plays. On offense, everything seems to be finally clicking for BW. I have read everything about the history between these schools, and BW’s road trip is gonna be brutal (Almost 5 hrs). But with Hergott under center, an upset is possible. Should be fun game to watch.
  25. Agree 100%. They have earned everything they have gotten. Been Following Then all year mainly because the schedule was one of the most brutal ones I’ve ever seen. This team took the lumps and got better each week, did what they had to do to win or be in a position to win. Beechwood’s experience at this point cannot be discounted. Definitely not a “trap game” to me either.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.