Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood 42 West Carter 7

Featured Replies

Final! Beechwood advances to their first 2A State Semi-final matchup. They will travel to Mayfield!!!!

At least Beechwood fans know the road to their next destination well.

The Beechies rolled. As predicted.

It has been a fun season watching this Tigers team grow up as the season has moved on. The coaching job done by the Beechwood coaches this year and the way the players have grown and improved has been special. Beechwood is playing their best football of the year right now.

 

I was impressed with West Carter tonight despite what the score might show. The running back Cline is an excellent football player. Beechwood's defense tonight containing the West Carter offense was outstanding. West Carter brings most of their skilled players back next year. They will be a team to contend with in 2A.

 

Good luck to the Tigers next week in Mayfield. As good as the Tigers played tonight, they will need to play that much better to even have a chance at pulling off what would be a huge upset.

  • Author

The passing game for the Tigers has come leaps and bounds since early in the season. It was on full display last night. Cam Hergott was accurate with each and every throw except for one of two that sailed a little high. I don’t know what his total numbers were but I bet he was between 250 and 300 passing yards on the night. This is the first game this year I have seen Beechwood in a 4WR spread formation on more than 75% of their plays and it worked well. Parker Mason, Keaton Durrett, and Brady Moore have become excellent compliments to Mason Williams at WR and they now have 4 viable threats at WR making this offense the best it has been all year. While Cole Stammer is still coming back from an injury he suffered a few weeks ago, Avery Courtney has been carrying the load and they can have a two headed monster at RB. The biggest improvement has come from Cam Hergott, the first game against Paintsville the passing looked inept when Josh Derry left the game due to a season ending knee injury. He has improved more than anyone on the team. He has carried this team all year with his legs but now can do so with his arm. What a game by the Tigers and I can’t wait for next week.

Expected this score, and honestly surprised it wasn’t worse. Nothing against WC but Beechwood I think was just that much better talent wise. Now we have to really buckle down and focus. It’ll be a crazy upset to beat Mayfield but anything is possible.

Edited by ImJustHere
Grammar

Expected this score, and honestly surprised it wasn’t worse. Nothing against WC but Beechwood I think was just that much better talent wise. Now we have to really buckle down and focus. It’ll be a crazy upset to beat Mayfield but anything is possible.

 

I agree. I know Noel Rash has struggled with Mayfield, has Beechwood ever beat Mayfield?

Expected this score, and honestly surprised it wasn’t worse. Nothing against WC but Beechwood I think was just that much better talent wise. Now we have to really buckle down and focus. It’ll be a crazy upset to beat Mayfield but anything is possible.

 

Curious, why would you expect this score or think it would be worse?

 

The reason I ask:

 

3A #5 Mercer County 21 West Carter 0

 

3A #7 Russell 22 West Carter 14

 

Also, Beechwood hadn't scored more than 38 points in a game before last night, excluding Cov. Holy Cross.

Curious, why would you expect this score or think it would be worse?

 

The reason I ask:

 

3A #5 Mercer County 21 West Carter 0

 

3A #7 Russell 22 West Carter 14

 

Also, Beechwood hadn't scored more than 38 points in a game before last night, excluding Cov. Holy Cross.

 

I probably should’ve stated why in previous comment. But looking through warmups, and just getting a visual of West Carter, they seemed to me very small, slow, and that’s why I made that assumption. BW just looked like men compared to boys. My reason for thinking so.

I probably should’ve stated why in previous comment. But looking through warmups, and just getting a visual of West Carter, they seemed to me very small, slow, and that’s why I made that assumption. BW just looked like men compared to boys. My reason for thinking so.

 

That didn't help. West Carter is much bigger than Beechwood. Beechwood's offensive line probably averages 210. I don't think their guards or center weigh more than 200. My guess is West Carter's smallest lineman is bigger than Beechwood's biggest lineman.

That didn't help. West Carter is much bigger than Beechwood. Beechwood's offensive line probably averages 210. I don't think their guards or center weigh more than 200. My guess is West Carter's smallest lineman is bigger than Beechwood's biggest lineman.

 

You think so? I was on the field after the game and they seemed very small compared to us!

You think so? I was on the field after the game and they seemed very small compared to us!

 

Are you looking at height or weight? Maybe West Carter linemen are short and stocky. :)

 

Regardless, Beechwood's interior offensive line is small. OT Noah might weigh 215, 220? The other OT maybe weighs 230? Beechwood is not big at all along the offensive line.

Are you looking at height or weight? Maybe West Carter linemen are short and stocky. :)

 

Regardless, Beechwood's interior offensive line is small. OT Noah might weigh 215, 220? The other OT maybe weighs 230? Beechwood is not big at all along the offensive line.

 

I think I am really focusing on height! Lol. Either way go tigers! Tough game next week!

West Carter was definitely bigger up front, offensively and defensively. Rademacher and Moore are the only 2 boys with size up front for BW. Slusher has the size too, but plays sporadically.

West Carter was definitely bigger up front, offensively and defensively. Rademacher and Moore are the only 2 boys with size up front for BW. Slusher has the size too, but plays sporadically.

 

Slusher is ready to be cut loose. I’ve seen this kid for a few years. 6’4 - 6’5”, 230+. Was 2 way Varsity starter as Freshman at Holy Cross, so that experience with the Recent eligibility during playoff run, means he is not green. BW will need to pressure QB this week to have a chance. With Noah playing Iron Man football, Slusher can Help add that pressure And keep Noah fresh. Key to me for this game is getting to Mayfield QB and disrupting. Give him time, and those D1 receivers will make plays.

 

On offense, everything seems to be finally clicking for BW. I have read everything about the history between these schools, and BW’s road trip is gonna be brutal (Almost 5 hrs). But with Hergott under center, an upset is possible. Should be fun game to watch.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.