Everything posted by maysvilleky
-
Scrimmage schedules
I'm surprised GRC has a scrimmage on 11/28. Doesn't the actual season start on 11/26? Mason County scrimmages: Dunbar @ Harrison Co. Pan-o-rama Sat. 11/17 Georgetown, OH @ Lady Royals Gym 11/20
-
2019 Kentucky 2A Classic
Is the All AA going to happen or has that fallen by the wayside for this year?
-
Should Softball be classified?
There's already an All A tournament and soon to be a All AA tournament played during the year. I would think that should be good enough and the State Tournament have an overall class winner.
-
Lauren Schwartz commits to Rice
Congrats to Ms. Schwartz.
-
Top 5 Freshmen in the State?
Allie Stone from West Carter is a pretty good player. Looks like she averaged 17.1 ppg last year as an 8th grader.
-
Longest Losing Streaks (entering 2018)
Harrison beat Fleming opening game. So Graham got them in the W column.
-
Jake Swolsky Eligible
Per Evan Dennison tweet...Jake Swolsky has been ruled eligible for Mason County (transferred from St. Pat). Will be a nice addition to MC sports.
-
Way Too Early 10th Region Preseason Rankings
Hope all is going well for you Sumo. Ball season is right around the corner!
-
Dontaie Allen
I think from the H.S. standpoint, Allen reminds me of Jon Hood. I think most forget that Hood was ranked a top 50 player and Mr. Basketball in Ky during his senior year. He didn't have an overwhelming college career, but at the H.S. level I think their games are comparable. About the same height and build. Both can shoot from outside, but Hood could also finish at the rim like Allen. In H.S. both play/played at a relatively small H.S. where they are/were the best player on the floor by far. Darius IMO was a much more physical player in H.S. But I think Allen is the better shooter.
-
Robertson, Bracken, Augusta, Mason, St Pat transfers
Brcatz...You seem to be implying that kids are moving away for better athletic opportunities (at least they think it will be). And I'm sure that is the case sometimes (maybe a lot). But it could also be job related. With the closure of the two power plants, Federal Mogul, etc. The job opportunities for parents are more available in Northern KY/Cincy area.
-
Dontaie Allen
I was not trying to pick which is best between Allen and Miller. What I was alluding to is that Allen's game is more similar to what Hood did at Madisonville. They carried more of the load for their teams. Hood and Allen are similar height and Hood was Mr. Basketball and a top 100 player. Miller was a little more on the physical side playing inside a lot more in H.S. Allen will be a fine player for whoever his college choice is.
-
Dixie's Celia Pelfrey gets first D1 offer from EKU
Congrats Celia. She's a great young lady also!
-
Dontaie Allen
Sumo...I think Darius was a better athlete and could finish on the block better than Allen. And Darius didn't take near as many shots as Allen does for his team. Allen has a better scorer's mentality. IMO a better version of Jon Hood from Madisonville?
-
Jasmine Flowers makes college decision
Congrats to Jasmine.
-
2018 KHSAA/Owensboro Health State Tournament
Asking a team to potentially play 4 games in 1 day is a lot to ask. And then play again at 9 am on Saturday.
-
Girls High School Team Summer Tournament at KBA (Lex) June 8th-10th
KBA is out near Fayette Mall. Basically across town from Whitaker Field.
-
Boyd County 9 Elliott County 0 (16th Region Tournament)
I think Boyd and East will be in the Finals. Should be a good pitching duel.
-
Mason County 2018/2019
I think it will take a while for Mason to gel this year. But hopefully by the end of the year, they will be playing their best ball.
-
Zion Harmon to Marshall County?
If his dad is a nurse as the article states, there are probably lots of jobs available throughout the state. I'm surprised he's limiting his options.
-
Dontaie Allen
I'm sure his recruitment is not over. I would expect him to have P5 offers before it's all said and done.
-
Open Job: Mason County
Summer Ball will be here soon. I would think they will announce someone before then so they can work with the team.
-
Kentucky All-Star Tryouts Held Today at Dunbar
Might be the best squad KY has had in years. Hopefully they can keep the KY/IND game going.
-
St. Patrick's Baylen Bauer Commits to Lindsey Wilson
Congrats to Baylen.
-
The Inherent Risk of Sport Specialization
Thanks Guru...I have no idea if she would want to take it. It's just a partial scholarship since it's a minor sport that has to split up what they have, but she was flattered. And she still has a couple more years to decide, but it opened her eyes to other possibilities. And I really think it took some stress off of her in knowing she doesn't have to put all her eggs in one sport basket. And now she's even talking about seeing if they would let her play multiple sports in college. BTW...We stress Academics first. If you don't get it done in the classroom, your opportunities become more and more limited.
-
The Inherent Risk of Sport Specialization
My daughter is playing multiple sports in H.S. and it's a juggling act. But interesting enough her first scholarship offer (hopefully more to come) is in her "fun" sport. So now she's starting to take it a little more seriously.