Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

maysvilleky

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by maysvilleky

  1. I'm pretty sure in Ohio a kid can only play a maximum of 5 quarters in a day. So a girl that plays both JV and Varsity could eat up the quarters before 12 games. Mason County played an Ohio team last year and they questioned about some of our girls that played in both games. BTW...A second counts as a whole quarter, so some of our girls played the "6 or 7 quarters" according to their rules. But since it was KY/OH teams the refs let it go (especially since MC was winning by a large margin).
  2. OK...Wasn't really sure what Boyd has. Thanks.
  3. So who do you have? I believe it's probably East and Russell at the top, but after that Rowan's in the mix. IMO there are several teams about the same and then a drop off.
  4. Are all of these games considered pre-season scrimmages or are they the opening games of the regular season?
  5. I'm from Mason County and I can say it's not just about this boys basketball season. IMO last year the 10th Region did not get to see one of the best girl's player (Cummins) and the 2nd best team in the district get an opportunity in the regional tournament due to the draw. Instead we get to watch a great 59-57 1st round district game and then absolute drubbings of St. Pat in the district finals (64-21) opening round of the 10th Region (78-14). Not only is that not fair to the BC girls but to the rest of the Regional qualifying teams. GRC didn't have to expend any energy in the 1st round of the Region while other teams had to fight tooth and nail to advance. Actually same happened in softball and baseball last year...So it's not just about this boys basketball season. Note: I want to say I have nothing but respect for the players for St. Pat and Augusta, they do the best they can.
  6. Rowan should be one of the top 3 in the region IMO. The Berry girl can play.
  7. Does this game even count as a KHSAA game since West Union is a club team?
  8. You would think that there would be a different criteria for a kicker. They get in kicking practice all the time in soccer. Why can't that be applied?
  9. I wish there was more consistency as to when the Middle School Girls season is held. The Northern Schools won't start playing until later in the year. Congrats to all the winners.
  10. Some pretty good players in the 16th...especially the top 2 listed. And if you haven't seen the Berry girl play, she's a handful. If she keeps developing, she's going to be a force by the time she's a senior. I believe she's just a sophomore this year.
  11. I think pretty much anything except telling the truth has worked.
  12. I just wish the KHSAA would be consistent. Why they allow some and not others is baffling. Especially when there appears to be no other reason than athletics and no permanent address change. I don't have anything against or for the Martin transfer. Just looking for consistent decision making.
  13. AIT used to be one of the premier events in KY HS basketball. I'd like to see it grow and get back to that.
  14. He'll have to convince Augusta and St. Pat. They probably liked the way the draw played out.
  15. Mason held on for the win...Congrats. But this is the 3rd game in a row that the Royals have had a lead going into half and been completely outplayed in the 2nd half. I don't know if it's adjustments or if the players are easing up after halftime, but they can't allow that to happen going forward. I also think there was another injury on Friday night which continues to make the Royals thin. It was nice to see some guys step up.
  16. Does anyone know for sure who GRC has this year?
  17. So is Martin officially eligible? I may have missed that. If so, then HHS probably should be top 3. Ryle is young but has talent so it depends on how they hold up against older competition.
  18. I might swap Scott and Campbell just because Campbell lost more. But top 4 in general is who I'd pick. It's going to be who plays best as a team at tourney time most likely going to Sweet 16.
  19. JC in whatever score they want it to be. Congrats on RC for the win last week. I honestly did not think they would get one this year. Very happy for the RC kids.
  20. Again...Not downplaying the scholarship offer. That's great and I agree that FCS football is a high level of football. I just had confusion on if the kid had a FBS D1 school offer that I overlooked since the title didn't really spell it out. There are roughly 130 schools in the D1 FBS division. To me D1 FCS is still 1-AA in my mind. Sorry about my confusion.
  21. Who are the HIGH D1 candidates? Or is it just an observation that there will be?
  22. I thought there were some terrible play calls trying to fool Harrison rather than straight up attack Harrison. The plays went for negative yards and stalled drives. Mason had this game under control until the 2nd half. Bad snap on punt, bad play calls, poor decision to try field goal, etc. IMO...there needs to be changes.
  23. Does he have a D1 offer? TN Martin isn't a D1 is it? Not downplaying the offer at all...Just a little confused by the thread title. Any scholarship is worth celebrating.
  24. Great come from behind win. She started the round 3 shots behind and wound up winning by 3 shots. Shot 71 final round. That's strong. This was my daughter's first year of golf so to be able to celebrate some thing like that was huge.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.