Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

maysvilleky

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by maysvilleky

  1. Depends on who stays and who comes in. To early to pick players and teams.
  2. I like adding the 6th man to each team. I do think Lofton should have gotten strong consideration for 3rd team. And at the end of the year Fox was playing about as well as any big man in the 10th.
  3. One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the amount of time Hegyi missed due to the cut on his chin. He had to come out twice for several minutes to get it treated. I think that was significant.
  4. I think the #1 issue about transfers is that the KHSAA seems to have no set enforcement policy on who they rule eligible and ineligible.
  5. Good crowd and great game. Half second more at end of 3rd quarter and camels win.
  6. FYI...I think Harvey was thinking of the one point when the 5 ladies on the floor were originally from MoCo, East Jessamine , Lloyd Memorial, and sisters from Nicholas/Bath Co. Although the youngest girl to my knowledge did not play H.S. ball anywhere else. The true reason they are now at GRC only they and their parents know for sure. Congrats to GRC. They assembled their talent and won with it. I'm sure they aren't the only school that has done this. Time to move on.
  7. I'm expecting a good size crowd. I think the excitement generated last night by Ohmer will bring in a lot of casual fans. They won't need the stage, but I don't think it will be sparce.
  8. As a neutral observer, that may have been one of the most entertaining games I've seen in a while. What a great atmosphere. Fieldhouse was alive! Congrats to both teams. They left it all on the floor. And as for Ohmer getting 46...I don't blame the defense, like someone said his shots were very contested. He just made some great individual moves. I loved Paris' determination to not give up and get back into the game and actually take the lead. If that last 1 and 1 goes down for Paris, the outcome may have been in their favor. Great game.
  9. Not true. Maybe 95% of the people you asked said that. From my view point and those of many others it was not a walk. Congrats to both teams on a hard fought game.
  10. If Igo stays out of foul trouble, GRC should win this one.
  11. Dunaway and Lofton staying out of foul trouble was my key to the game in the prediction thread. They both got in foul trouble and whenever they are off the floor that changes things for MC. Not saying that Dunaway would have won the game for MC, but any time those two were off the floor it was an advantage for Scott. And Perkins getting hurt was also a big factor. There were drives in the 4th quarter that he could have challenged. Congrats Scott High. Should be a good final 4.
  12. I'll just say that I told my wife that the biggest mistake Bourbon could make was to allow CC to hold the ball for the last 2 minutes for the final shot. They did and lost. IMO they didn't give themselves a chance to recover. I'm not saying foul, but IMO they should have gone to man to man or some sort of pressure to see if they could create a turnover or missed shot. The way it played out...they were either going to lose on the last shot or go to OT (and I thought CC had the momentum if it had gone to OT).
  13. I see a good game with Campbell having too much fire power in the end. CC by 10. BTW...I think more storms predicted for this evening...Everyone be safe.
  14. I say no to classes. It happens at all levels of basketball. Even during the All - A you have blow out games. My only change would be to seed all district tourney's. Give the best 2 teams from each district a chance to qualify without having to play in the 1st round. Once you get to Regions, then it is what it is.
  15. Will the GRC/Scott game be on the radio anywhere? Thanks.
  16. I will say Fouls again will play a big role. If Mason can stick with a 6 or 7 man rotation with Dunaway and Lofton on the floor, they will have a decent shot.
  17. Sumo....Do they name an All-District Tourney team in the 39th? I noticed that they must have done it in the Campbell/Scott district.
  18. Opie...I agree and that's why I was speculating maybe she was hurt or sick. I know she started and played a lot in the 1st game against MC earlier this year. Knowing that they've made the Regional Tourney maybe he was trying to get her healthy. Or maybe it was disciplinary and he had a good reason.
  19. I noticed Ruf didn't start and really didn't play as much as I thought she would. Was she injured or sick?
  20. Is this game being played at Campbell? If so I favor the home team.
  21. I think Fouls will play a BIG part of this game. Whoever stays out of foul trouble will get the W IMO.
  22. Danny Weddle article. St. Pat played well in 1st half. 3rd quarter did them in. Tuesday, February 21, 2017 Polar Bears crash the boards in the second half in a 68-53 win over Saints in district SF The Bracken County Polar Bears outrebounded the St. Patrick Saints 27-12 in the second half in a 68-53 semifinal win in the 39th District Tournament tonight at the Mason County Fieldhouse. There were five ties and 11 lead changes in the first half. St. Patrick led 29-27 at the half, but the Polar Bears had 13 second chance points in the third quarter by outrebounding the Saints 15-3. Bracken County outscored St. Patrick 22-9 in the third quarter and opened the fourth quarter on an 8-0 run for a 57-38 lead. Three Bracken County players scored in double figures- Brady Jones with 19 points, Cooper Engines with 18 points and Austin Crawford with 14 points. Ben Swolsky had a double-double for St. Patrick with 23 points and 14 rebounds. Bracken County plays Mason County in the championship game Thursday at 8 p.m. BC (16-13) Crawford 14, Engnes 18, Jones 19, Tan. Fisher 3, Tad Fisher 4, Appleman 5, Rigg 2, Deaton 3 SP (8-23) McKay 9, Bauer 4, B. Swolsky 23, Walton 4, J. Swolsky 2, Burton 9, Black 2 BC 14 13 22 19- 68 SP 13 16 09 15- 53
  23. From Danny Weddle: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 Bracken Co. tops St. Patrick 57-26 in girls SF The Bracken County Lady Bears pulled away from the St.Patrick Lady Saints in the third quarter for a 57-26 victory in the lower bracket semifinal game of the 39th District Tournament tonight at the Mason County Fieldhouse. The Lady Bears outscored the Lady Saints 24-5 in the third quarter and ended the quarter on a 21-0 run for 55-20 lead. St. Patrick only had seven field goals in the game. There were 46 fouls and 59 free throws between the two teams. Madison Kalb scored a game-high 15 points for Bracken County. Kennedy Carl added 11 points. Justina Klee led St. Patrick in scoring with nine points. Bracken County plays Mason County in the district championship game Thursday at 6:30 p.m. BC (11-13) Rose 3, Myrick 8, Ruf 7, Bell 3, Florer 2, Jefferson 5, Carl 11, Kalb 15, Wolfe 3 SP (5-23) Scales 4, McKay 1, Gallenstein 5, Hughes 2, Stewart 3, Tesmer 2, Klee 9 BC 14 17 24 02- 57 SP 05 10 05 06- 26
  24. OK....I see how the chart must work now. Looks like the 5th region officials would be back in 2019. :angrybird2:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.