Everything posted by CAT DIESEL POWER
-
Open Job: Pulaski County
If Travis Burns is the hire then it was a home run by the PC admin. Luring him away from BC was no easy task so if he is bringing two assistants with him then wow this hire just becomes even more impressive! Of course my dad always says “if if’s and but’s were candy and nuts we would all have a merry Christmas.” I guess time will tell but if the announcement isn’t until Tuesday then hopefully we are on our final coat of paint drying!!!
-
Open Job: Pulaski County
But that’s boring….like I said a fresh new coat of paint to watch.
-
Open Job: Pulaski County
We had another flash in the pan morning but now we have a fresh coat of paint to watch.
-
Open Job: Pulaski County
This was so exciting for about three hours today and now its like watching paint dry.
-
Open Job: Pulaski County
I believe we are referring to the same coach without a doubt. If I recall in that title game it didn’t work out for him and his team. As a matter of fact one of the other candidates mentioned here was on the staff that beat them. Beat them again this past season too. That is of course if we are talking about the same coach ?.
-
Open Job: Pulaski County
Yeah again not what I am hearing. He was alone when he left the facility and even inquired about coming back with his family tomorrow.
-
Open Job: Pulaski County
I just heard that the last interview was completed about 15 mins ago. If that is true then most of what has been recently posted may have been a lot of smoke!
-
Boyle County Basketball/Football question
I quoted you to answer your question wasn't directing that last part at anyone in particular. Its clear that this post was intended to be about how the BC football program is bad for the basketball team. Sorry if you took what I said as an attack at you that wasn't my intention. Most of the people talking about this have no clue what it is like at BC they see success in one area and not in the area where they want it so they attack the other.
-
Boyle County Basketball/Football question
I am extremely confused as what you mean by "let?'' The workouts in question are not mandatory just as the open gym and baseball workouts wouldn't be when they are not in season. Nobody is making these kids workout and nobody is telling them they can't in any season. Clearly if things were one-sided in the football coaches not allowing them to go to open gym then I would think the basketball coach wouldn't allow them to attend these football workouts. The biggest factor that is in play here are the players themselves are the ones choosing to attend the football workouts. If they then choose not to attend open gym or any other optional event held by another sport during football then that speaks to the culture if that program. Stop making this about football vs everyone else and realize that at BC that is just simply not the case.
-
Boyle County Basketball/Football question
So when the 20-21 team went to Rupp their leading scorers were all football players in Luke Imfeld (Who came out that year for football) Jagger Gillis and Luke Sheperson. All of which participated in these early morning workouts. Nobody complained then because they were good yet everything was the same as it is now. Now though they aren't good its all footballs fault. Not one person on here has mentioned that there have been several good players quit including Maddox Hager who is 6' 4''. Maybe the problem of their lack of success doesn't reside in the workout program. However, make no mistake there is nobody that wants the basketball team to be more successful outside of the basketball staff than those coaches in the football office. I personally watched several of those same coaches beg Tommy Ziesmer not to quit basketball. There is no more pride in BC athletics than the pride the football coaches show for every single sport in that building.
-
Boyle County Basketball/Football question
The biggest contributors to the BC basketball program are the football players. They don’t complain and BC has had great basketball teams. All the great basketball teams that they have had came during its football success. The early morning workout program has been going on since the late 90s. Anyone who thinks this is causing problems for the basketball team knows nothing about Boyle county athletics.
-
Open Job: Pulaski County
If they have a chance to hire him and they don't then in it was a giant fumbling of the hiring process.
-
Open Job: Bardstown
If they do not hire in house I would not be surprised to see Travis Burns BC DC gain some interest here. I know that Chuck Smith has plenty of ties to the Bardstown community and the school itself having coached for a season with Coach Clark. Coach Burns is a Chuck Smith protege and I would not be surprised if Chuck actually recommends this job to Burns or Burns to the people doing the hiring in Bardstown.
-
Boyle County 21 Corbin 14
This thread could be quoted in a previous thread about worst excuses after a loss. Why not just be proud of the game your team played against another great team. Don’t diminish your own teams loss by making excuses. Both teams played phenomenal and at the end of the day one of them had to lose. It was a great game!
-
Open Job: Marshall County
Marshall County will be just fine. They have an administrator who truly cares about football in Chris Mason. If they haven't had support before that is more than likely changing. Chris comes from a place that truly understands how important football is to school culture. If there is anyone who know what a good coach looks like it will be him. I expect them to make a great hire and show improvement pretty quickly. The last time he had a hand in the hiring of a football coach that particular coach shocked the world and won a 6A state title.
-
Scott County at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
Scott is physical…they have not been the most physical team on the field through one half of play.
-
Boyle County at Danville Updates/Predictions
Colt Kelly was born in Perryville I believe the original comment was from the Boyle district and I believe Perryville qualifies.
-
Lexington Christian Academy at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
I believe the original poster was referring to LCA who did in fact give up 52 points. May not have all been on the defense but still 52 points.
-
Lexington Christian Academy at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
That's probably true. GO REBELS!
-
Lexington Christian Academy at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
I am a BC guy that's true but it has nothing to do with BC. The kid should never be punished. I mean we are talking about some kid's complete futures over a HS football game. I don't care if it is a kid transferring to Danville and BC was protesting I would be against it 100%. The student should come first period. I was not saying that you meant it was the correct solution but doing what is incorrect simply because that's all you can do doesn't make it right.
-
Lexington Christian Academy at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
So the solution is to punish the kid? The kid decided to leave and the only way for Danville to save themselves is to ensure that the kid doesn't get to play at all? For the record, Danville has not appealed for a second time they have 15 days to do so which is why the student isn't eligible for 15 days. The student didn't want to play for them so he moved I am not sure why anyone would want a kid who didn't want to be there to begin with just let him go. The fact of the matter is that the state and KHSAA have passed regulations that have allowed student-athletes to leave one school for another we can't change that so we need to be adults and let the kids do what is best for themselves. On to the game I expect this to be a great game featuring two of the best teams in the state regardless of classification. It could very well come down to which team has the ball last!
-
Best teams to come up short.
Due to the time difference (Central to Eastern) the cold front had to have hit us first. I don't believe this is very sound logic but it sounded good in my head.
-
Best teams to come up short.
The only time I was ever colder was training in Ft. Dix New Jersey in the winter.
-
Best teams to come up short.
That team was tough and full of stud players. I remember BC jumped out on them early 21-0, and things looked like they might get out of hand for PT. In the blink of an eye, Joe Casey ripped off three head-spinning TDs, and suddenly at the half, the game was 21-21. They were one of the best teams I have ever witnessed, and I believe, without a doubt, they would be the 3A champion if not for that Boyle team. BC shut Casey and company down after halftime and came away with a 35-21 victory. Side note that is the second coldest I have ever been in my life.
-
Open Job: Lexington Catholic
That would make for a very interesting off-season.