Everything posted by STEEL_CURTAIN88
-
Bluegrasspreps' Class 1A Rankings (10/5)
I said at the start of the season that that district could come down to tie breakers. Gotta go undeafeated in district play to win it. If everyone finishes 1-1 is the tie breaker the best season record?
-
Raceland vs. Open Date
Wow. Good for them. How did we fair in comparison to the rest of their competition?
-
Raceland vs. Open Date
Open has to be a very large school, with football fever that runs as high as Mt. Everest. How else can you explain their ability to be on mulitiple team's schedule, almost every week, all across the state. they must have 4000 kids in their program and live out of Bill Gates pocket book. They also have the unfair advantage of sending coaches, all over the state to scout. Bc each week, they must prepare for the following week, but you never see a single OHS shirt, hat, not even a glove. Its like they arent even there. I just hope Raceland comes out stronger with this years battle. Last year it didnt even seem like the Rams took the field. But rumor has it, OHS has filed for another injunction over field conditions at Ram Stadium, stating they feel the game should be played somewhere within the Bernuda Triangle, I think they are just fearing the presence of the Ramland Commissioner and his never yielding support of all things Raceland!!! In seriousness, i think this open week was perfectly placed. I have a feeling we are goina come out hot against Fairview and make a run at this thing some call a state title. Since we have never been there, im not sure it exists. Hearing some new wrinkles ate being developed offensively. I think the personel changes have been spot on, btw.
-
1A - Who will end up #1?
Thats how I see it as well. Things are goina start to shake themselves out and all the assuption and speculation will be over. Lord, what do we even talk about in the offseason?lol
-
1A - Who will end up #1?
I kind of agree w UKFball after thinking about it. Though i feel they need convincing wins over their district counterparts, to do so. Here is my question though, if Beechwood loses, and Raceland or Fairview take the district, how far does Paintsville drop and how high do the others climb?
-
Bishop Brossart Playoff run?
I think its pretty crummy that one team out of the entire 1A clads is goina get the shaft. They need to make it similar to the nfl and be done with it. Only take the district champ, and the runner up.
-
Bluegrasspreps' Class 1A Rankings (10/5)
Brossart and Hazard would have to win in blow outs, imo
-
Record? Brett Slusher scored 3 TDs in 29 seconds
Wow
-
Excessive Blocking
I think alot of times refs are simply unqualified. Idk what it takes to get the license but so many times this season i have seen bad calls made, simply on the side of caution, ie a kid is not down, still fighting, but being pushed backwards, still working his way from east to west, but still being pushed backwards. On the other hand i have seen refe nearly swallow their whistles and nearly get a kids knees blown out before the play is blown dead. Its the inconsistency that drives me crazy.
-
Coal Grove (OH) 46 Fairview 36
I caught crap on "the other site" for picking against Raceland when they played Valley. Just bc you thing there are things to improve on, or disagree with play calling, personel decisions, or even pick your team to lose, doesnt mean you support them any less. Heck, I have more respect for those that go against the grain of "my team walks in rose pedals scattered amongst a velvet red carpet and cant be beat (even when the odds are enormously in the other teams favor), than those who cant see a forest for the trees.
-
Bluegrasspreps' Class 1A Rankings (10/5)
I think a big factor at this point in the season for Raceland and Pikeville is indeed this open week. Both teams are in the chase for their districts, regions, and a shot at BG. I think having this week off to heal up a little, cool their engines, regroup, watch some film, and get ready for the rest of the regular season, but more importantly the rest of their district games and the post season.
-
Excessive Blocking
I dont like any personal foul penalty that includes a blocking situation (excluding a black in the back or chop block). We were all taught to block until the whistle is blown, no matter how far you are from a play. If you have engaged the contact, there should be no seperation until that whistle. Say you drive your man, 10 yards ahead of the play near the sideline, you knock him out of bounds, then move on to the next defender or stop all together, there isnt a rule that says he cant come back in bounds and make a tackle. Why shouldnt u be able to knock him out of bounds? Way too many rules these days.
-
Belfry/Lawrence County predictions
I wouldnt want to be the team that Belfry plays this week. After the smack down they just recieved. I think Belfry will be looking to release some frustration. Which, could lead to some mistakes, so I think this one is closer for 3 quarters, but Belfry pulls away late. Boys from Pond Creek 42 Dawghouse 21
-
Russell @ Pendleton County Predictions 10/9
Id love to say Russell in a landslide. But I said that Last week.depends on what Devils take the field. Goin with my gut and Russell bounces back. Russell 38 Pendleton Co 14
-
Raceland vs. Open Date
In all seriousness, I think Raceland needs to go back and watch films from every ball game. Take a look at the Lucasville Valley game (imo the best we played all year) and compare it to the rest of the ball games. Valley was the only 4 quarters of football we have played. On a dry field I think we beat LC about like Portsmouth West or West Carter.
-
Raceland vs. Open Date
Well, at times I feel the Rams have under performed and really played poorly against West Carter (though they are better than everyone thought), in the first quarter against Ashland we couldnt handle getting popped in the mouth but responded well through the rest of the game and though were never in it, it took 4 quarters for the Cats to put us away. We were hungover against East Carter in the first half but woke up in the second half and took care of business. We looked great all across the board against Lucasville and the defense was on point against Greenup. We were sluggish against Portsmouth West in the first but from the second quarter on we looked good. Couple of bad turnovers against a pretty good Lawrence Co team, but our defense was there to help us out when we needed it in crunch time and really settled in and adjusted to the speed of the game in the second half. That game showed me that our secondary has improved quite a bit. I didnt however see the same Kyle Jamison on the field that we had seen the last few weeks but credit LC for that, their LBs covered him well on short routes and their OTs and TEs sealed the edge well on him from his DE spot. It wasnt a lack of effort, they schemed him well. Over all, here is what I think our biggest problem has been. Not playing our football against inferior teams or in hames where we should have been able to take care of business early on in the ball games. But, we have been a little more explosive offensively and Kane Snyder has become the back that I thought he would be. If he averages 120 or more yards/game from here on out, we will be fine. His yards after contact is incredible and he has the ability to wear teams down. Davidson is looking better in the run game but really needs to take better care of the ball. This team has looked better against better competition, than they have against teams that they were a heavy favorite against. Still a bit inconsistent offensively, but we have found our identity there. Ground and pound, throw when we have to. I think our best football is ahead of us, which is a good thing. Our schedule has been pretty tough, only having one "gimme" with East Carter. I think 3 weeks ago we would have lost to Lawrence Co. But we never once looked defeated, almost like we always knew we could/would win. I think the cold months will play into our strengths as a run first, defensive team. That my two cents any way.
-
Fleming County 18 Russell 7
I think Nick Caldwell would be the best option at QB for the Devils. Great vision, good arm, accurate, and very smart and a very tough runner for a kid of his size. Not suprised he isnt under center seeing as he transfered rather late in the offseason, but he has ran this system since 7th grade and knows it inside and out. Idk what is going on at Russell but at this rate, they may not be able to duplicate last year's regional title.
-
Raceland 26 Lawrence County 20
BTW, if Kiser and the Daltons ever get on the same page, they could be absolutely deviststing. Kiser has a good arm, but has no touch. If he gets some touch on two or 3 of his deep throws to Robert, they would have been TDs, instead one was over thrown and the other under thrown.
-
Raceland 26 Lawrence County 20
Neither team did much consistently on offense. It was a pretty tough defensive battle really. LC scored 3 TDs. One was a big play to Timmy for a 50 yd TD run, the other was a big play to Timmy for a 60 yard TD I believe, the other a 30 yard burst from Mosely. Raceland had the opening drive, then capitalized on LC mistakes. Didnt have to drive the length of the field. Had Raceland been able to take advsntage of all opportunities, the score would have been similar to last years. But LC's defense is much better and Raceland isnt as explosive. Really looking at the stat sheet, pretty even ball game. Couldnt be prouder of this Raceland defense tonight though.
-
Raceland 26 Lawrence County 20
I believe it was 2nd. They ran a play for about 7 yards if im not mistaken. Maybe they were trying to get 1 more first down.
-
Raceland 26 Lawrence County 20
Proud of the Rams for never quitting. Our defense is lights out and opportunistic when it needs to be. Offensively, the weather didnt allow much ballance, but Kane had another solid performance. He is looking more like the back that I knew he could/would be incredible effort on his part after first contact. Nathaniel has GOTTA take better care of the football, though he did have a few big 3rd down conversions and our first TD. Got an off week to regrouo and get ready for our district run. Time to put up or shut up Rams. Tonight despite being out matched in the Atheleticism department, we found a way to win. Man Im proud of those kids. Lawrence is much improved, bonehead decision on the Coaches part causes a 17 year old kid to be feeling horrible right now when he shouldnt have even been in position to fumble the ball. This loss for Lawrence falls on the shoulders of the coaching staff imo.
-
Fairview/Dawson Bryant (Coal Grove)(OH) Updates
Sounds like the Eagles are underperforming (willing to be there is some yellow trash that has a little to do with that). Either that or CG's physicality is giving the Eagles problems. Weather isnt really in "Airview's" favor either.
-
1A "Super District" - Who are You Picking?
Im going with Raceland until proven other wise. Paintsville has looked better than the Rams overall and Fairview has put up bigger numbers offensively, but I think Raceland has a better defense than the other two in the district, even with Kash at Paintsville. Raceland has also played a tougher non-district schedule which I think will have the Rams better prepared for the post season. Raceland has underperformed at times, but with Davidson healthy, the changes made to the OL, as well as offensive wrinkles coming out that we didnt use in the early part of the season that make us a little more explosive for a big play or two has led to more points. Our defense is stout, with our offense turning the quarter, I think we will be clicking and start to peak starting next week with Fairview. This week will be a good test seeing as Lawrence Co beat the tar out of Fairview. The district is goina be a battle, but I think the Rams will come out with a district title, regional title, and shot at going to Bowling Green.
-
West Carter at Bath County 10-2
Bath County has a good staff in place. They have some bettter lineman playing this hear and have been alot more stable upfront. But, I think Brown has another big game against them. West 40 Bath 14
-
1A Notebook 9/29/15 - Districts Preview Time
Nice review. I think the super district will rep the east, no matter who it is. Raceland and Paintsvilles defenses are too good and Fairview, if they dont turn the ball over and limit penalties, they can possibly beat anyone if the game becomes a shoot out. Pikeville stands the best shot of shaking that up. BUT, none of the super district has had a breakout or stellar performance against a superior team. I just hope everyone is healthy from the Raceland district by the time they get through with each other.