Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Record? Brett Slusher scored 3 TDs in 29 seconds

Featured Replies

According to a BGP post, Brett Slusher scored three TDs in Beechwood's win over Newport. Scored on a 4 yd rush at 8:43 of 1st qtr., followed by a fumble recovery at something like 8:29, and a pick six at 8:14. Has anyone ever heard of anyone ever scoring 3 TDs in that short of time? Wonder if this is a national record?

You'd think that has to be at or near the top.

  • Author

Sounds like a Sports Illustrated mention at the least!

Sounds like a Sports Illustrated mention at the least!

 

I haven't read an issue of SI in decades. Do they still do "Faces in the Crowd"?

  • Author

Yes. I certainly hope someone knows how to submit his performance. Awesome, once in a lifetime!!! 70 years old and have never heard of such a performance anytime, anywhere.

Yes. I certainly hope someone knows how to submit his performance. Awesome, once in a lifetime!!! 70 years old and have never heard of such a performance anytime, anywhere.

 

Go for it! I'm sure you can figure it out.

 

I think the last "faces in the crowd" I can recall reading was Shawn Alexander.

  • Author

Contact access to Sports Illustrated is through SI.com/faces with detailed bio information that either family or school can provide. With Slusher being one of No. Ky.'s top athletes it would be wonderful for the national exposure. The special performance of this past week needs to be shared other than just BGP readers. Can someone close to the program, access to picture, and career info run with this ball?

Three TD's in one game is a great night of football. Three TD's in .29 seconds is off the charts incredible. Congrats to the young man!

In 2003 or 2004 Russell played Estill County at Estill. In less than 3 minutes at the beginning of the game Russell scored 35 points. I'm fairly sure that Josh Gross scored 4 of those TD's but I could be wrong. I have never seen anything like it before nor have I heard of anything like it happening.

Go for it! I'm sure you can figure it out.

 

I think the last "faces in the crowd" I can recall reading was Shawn Alexander.

 

There's been two Hardin County-area kids in it in the last 10 years or so.

 

- North Hardin's Lydia Gumm (now a star golfer at Florida State) got in after shooting back-to-back 61s in the Kentucky Invitational Tournament.

 

- LaRue County's Aaron Mayfield (walked on at WKU, IIRC) got in after throwing back-to-back seven-inning perfect games.

  • Author

Original source of this over-the-top performance was provided by EyeOfTheTiger. Hopefully, Tiger you might have the sources and interest to give Slusher and BW the exposure this exceptional performance warrants. Suspect you are very close to the program.

A nomination to Sports Illustrated Faces in the Crowd has been submitted. Thanks for promoting this idea.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.