Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1A - Who will end up #1?

What does Paintsville need to get to #1? 29 members have voted

  1. 1. What does Paintsville need to get to #1?

    • Win out and Beechwood must lose a game.
      75%
    • Just beat Fairview and Raceland.
      17%
    • Beat Fairview easily and a clear win over Raceland.
      6%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

It is a close race at #1 in 1A between Beechwood and Paintsville. With Beechwood's district being down a little and Paintsville having two tough district opponents who are both ranked in the top 10, is it possible that Paintsville can move past Beechwood in the rankings? This looks to be all about Paintsville. Beechwood is almost surely going to get lopsided wins in all 3 district games. If Paintsville wins versus Fairview and Raceland, should they be #1? What if Beechwood then beats New Cath in their last regular season game? Would that move Beechwood back above Paintsville? What does Paintsville need to do to get to #1?

I think it's going to be tough to jump them regardless if Beechwood wins out, until someone proves otherwise, Beechwood is the man in the 1A in the new alignment.

I've had Paintsville as number one in my list for a while. I'm no expert in 1A but I like them to win the title this year.

I guess my feeling is that it truly doesn't matter who is ranked #1 at this stage of the game. The only time it matters is when the final horn blows in Bowling Green, then we will know who the true #1 is. I like Beechwood, but Paintsville will be battle tested if they get there.

I believe Painstville will have their chance to prove their worth come these next few weeks. If they win by big margins in both games thin I put them at 1. If not then Beechwood is still the favorite.

I believe Painstville will have their chance to prove their worth come these next few weeks. If they win by big margins in both games thin I put them at 1. If not then Beechwood is still the favorite.

Don't think they gonna win both games, may not win either one. That will be decided on the field.

If Paintsville wins out they got a chance. Beechwood has to lose to New Cath.

But as someone mentioned regular season means nothing.

 

If Pikeville plays like they did against Hazard then Pikeville will be in Bowlimg Green.

I've had Paintsville at #1 for the last 3 or 4 weeks.. I'm not sure why they'd have to blow out Fairview & Raceland to get to #1, since both are highly ranked.. Not sure if Paintsville does take over the top spot that Beechwood could retake it with a win over NCC. They would be favored and who has NCC beaten? IMO, beating the Rams & Fairview would be more impressive than a single win over NCC

I kind of agree w UKFball after thinking about it. Though i feel they need convincing wins over their district counterparts, to do so. Here is my question though, if Beechwood loses, and Raceland or Fairview take the district, how far does Paintsville drop and how high do the others climb?

In that scenario, Pikeville most likely goes to #1, since they've wrapped up their district and only had an overtime loss to Paintsville and a loss to a strong Belfry team. If Paintsville splits the 2 district games, they likely stay #2 at 9-1.If Raceland beats Paintsville and Fairview, they would move up to #3 and Beechwood #4. If Fairview beats Paintsville and Raceland, I think Beechwood would go to #3 and Fairview #4.

Thats how I see it as well. Things are goina start to shake themselves out and all the assuption and speculation will be over. Lord, what do we even talk about in the offseason?lol

  • Author

It is extremely doubtful Beechwood loses a district game. They have never lost a district game in the 6 class era and the district is not as good as in past years. They play New Cath the last game of the year. That is the only game I see any possibility of Beechwood losing.

Beechwood will not drop no lower than 3.

It doesn't matter what Paintsville does, Beechwood would have to lose a district game on top of Paintsville beating both Raceland and Fairview by good margins, and there is no way Beechwood loses a district game. The only way a class A team will get the top spot is after said class A team beats Beechwood.

Beechwood will not lose in district play. I could certainly make a case that their wins over Ironton and Lloyd are more impressive than anything on Paintsvilles schedule. Lloyd is a good football team, lost to NKy 6a Top 10 team 6-0 and BW. Look at Irontons losses, and what they've done since. Their first 4 games were murderers row, and they played a couple without their best RB. Add NCC to that mix should BW beat them and they are the #1 team in the state.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.