Everything posted by WhySoNegative
-
St. Xavier 35 DeSales 13 (Frosh)
From your marked LOS, looks like 7 X players were also offsides! Mark it where the ball is at the 29 and it doesn't look like his entire body is downfield.
-
Bluegrasspreps' Class 5A Rankings - Discussion (10/3)
South Oldham played the same schedule last year, with roughly the same results, and then made it within 1 point of making the state Semi Finals. I don't see anything wrong with putting them anywhere in the Top 10 (2 - 10).
-
Highlands /Simon Kenton. No more.
Wonder why SK wouldn't want to schedule Scott County? Would think that would be a monster gate and be one of the biggest non district games of the year.
-
Female Helps Bullitt East Win
Looks like the KHSAA changes the requirements every other season. So I can see where the issues arise. 14-15 it was 3 Helmet, 3 Shoulder Pad, 5 Full Pad. This year it looks like its 5 Helmet, 3 Shoulder Pad, 3 Full Pad. https://khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/20162017/bylaw23.pdf Looks like you get to skip out on the first 5 helmet days if you are already in another fall sport. Either way though, there's always been the requirement, the problem is that when you search for KHSAA limitations of seasons, all of the old ones show up. They all look the same, you just have to make sure that you're reading 16/17 and not 14/15 or something else.
-
Grade the Bullitt County teams
Just realized that BC plays Southern this Friday. So should be a good gauge of how the offensive/defenses of North and Central stack up. I know common opponents isn't always best..... but still a nice measuring stick since they are back to back weeks.
-
Grade the Bullitt County teams
North Bullitt scored on every possession last week. Ran something like 30 plays and had 400+ yards of offense. They also only allowed 7 points in two games..... And when southern scored it was already 42-0. I know "defense wins championships." But when both teams have good defense, gotta go with the one that can move the ball and do more than just try to run clock and shorten the game. Id go North, East, Central. Exciting thing about this...... We'll get to see all three play it out.
-
North Bullitt 20 Woodford County 0
This game was a shootout last year (both teams in the 30's), surprised it was so low scoring. But I heard from a NB guy that during the 4th quarter that they had 5 sophomores on offense. 2 OL, QB and 2 RBs. (I know they lost their starting QB at some point early in the game).
-
North Bullitt 20 Woodford County 0
North Bullitt went 9-3 last year. 2nd round of playoffs against Fern Creen was 7-7 at half. Plus they return some key players. So who really knows how Woodford is?? Give it a few more weeks, go to a couple games, and I'm sure you'll have the answer.
-
Trinity junior transfer Rondale Moore
If he is ruled ineligible, he is not even allowed to practice with the team.
-
North Bullitt 2016
Gotta remember this is a team game. Weren't last year's key players the same guys on the team that didn't do so hot the year before? I know Coach Billings loved his oline last year, that's his position, but I don't think they had any college studs.... Just guys that played hard. Don't know who the "others" are but I'm hearing they have 4-5 receivers that are gonna be nasty. One of them is 200 pounds and hang cleans 225 for sets. Hearing the the junior catches everything and has made some sick plays this offseason. Don't know of any team that went 9-3 last year only because they had two good players...... I'm sure they have more than 2 that will play their butts off on Friday night. Good luck if you think it's just a two man show.
-
Oldham County 7 on 7 tourney
The bottom field had a heat delay..... 4-5 teams went home.... Male being one of them. Norh Bullitt was the 3 seed at the bottom (lost to Male 22-21 in pool play, missed a 2pt conv on last play), ended up coming out of the bottom teams that stayed. Ryle beat NB in championship. Think NB scored late to cut it to a TD score, but they were gassed. All this coming 2nd hand from a buddy of mine that coaches there...... But should be accurate coming from him.
-
North Bullitt 2016
I think they only return 2 starters on the oline. Big shoes to fill, not only with James in the backfield, but their backup RB was pretty decent player too. I agree there are some questions, but not nearly as many as they had at this time last year. Hearing depth will be an issue. But they have legit playmakers and skill guys coming back. Won some close games last year, flip flop those scores and 9-3 could be 6-6. Either way, they still should be pretty competitive.
-
Waggener's Jairus Brents ran a 4.33 at Ohio State today.
Wont be many guys in the state able to cover him!
-
40 times
You need two things to get recruited at the college level, SIZE and STATS. If the kid has the size/body/build, and the stays on Friday night, then they are in. When you don't have the size, or don't have the stats, that's when you try to come up with 40 times and everything else.
-
40 times
A 4.6 is usually one of the fastest kids on the field on Friday night. Maybe in some big cities you'll find better. Anyone in KY running a 4.6 on Friday night is going to be seen as "speed" on the field.
-
Open Job: Nelson County
They averaged 17 ppg last year. Probably still a good hire.... But doesn't have much to do with how many points they scored per game.
-
Eminence Has Hired Tye Lawson As Football HC
Experience at several different schools, male being one of them. Not playing the toughest schedule in the world. Out of bullitt county, gotta think he's in a better spot than he was less than a month ago.
-
Eminence Has Hired Tye Lawson As Football HC
I heard about 10 days ago that he was going to be the Head football coach AND AD. I know he was ready to get out of BC after all the hoopla that happened this off season. Don't know too much about Eminence, but gotta think he'll do a good job.
-
Open Job: Louisville Valley (Re-Opened)
What!?! Pretty big deal if this is true...... Any explanation?
-
Bullitt County schools Spring practice
Pretty sure that North Bullitt had a spring scrimmage yesterday that was open to everyone. Not sure how it went, but should be able to talk with a few guys and get some feedback. Anyone know if the other two schools did anything of this nature? Results?
-
Will KHSAA ever allow this?!
I'm not saying I don't agree. I think it would be good to let the coaches decide. My whole point was it's just not life/death and a situation that is holding high school football back in the state. It would be nice, but it's not that big of a deal one way or the other. But I agree.... let the coaches decide for good of their own team.
-
Open Job: Bullitt Central
Totally disgusting if true. Tye may have cause to seek some action against the principal/district, especially if he has anything in writing. And who is Adam Perry (forgive me if I should know)?
-
Will KHSAA ever allow this?!
Don't think an actual spring game would benefit many teams. Hard to install enough things to be game ready in just 9 practices. I do think being allowed to "practice/scrimmage" another team could be beneficial, but to actually hold a spring game would not. Maybe the big boys who have guys going one way could be ready in 9 practices to play a game. But for the smaller schools, and teams trying to get young guys who may not have played much last year ready, throwing them in a game situation after 9 practices would probably not be ideal. Even if KHSAA allowed it, I would be surprised if many teams did it. Like I said, maybe a glorified practice against another school.....but not a full blow game situation type scrimmage (where you are tying to move the chains, protect your QB, etc). But I agree with some others..... that something would be better than nothing......just don't know if a scrimmage as we know it would work logistically with 9 practices to get ready.
-
Open Job: Bullitt Central
This whole thing stinks. First thing that stands out is the turnover at the top....they've had a lot at both the principal an AD role (didn't realize their new AD resigned). Then you have the fact that the HC feels the need to come on here and defend himself. Hard to blame a guy for looking at 3 other jobs when you have so much turnover at the top. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he's applied for the Nelson and North Oldham jobs, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has a bad taste in his mouth right now and hasn't. What I don't understand, is why they would ask him to resign his head coaching position BEFORE he was offered the AD position. Seems to me like applying/interviewing for the AD position would be something he could do while still acting as HC, and that he would resign HC if offered AD.....the whole "unofficial head coach" thing seems a little off...... and like I said, the whole things stinks. Stinks for Coach Lawson, and definitely stinks for the kids at BC......maybe we could feel better if we thought they had an admin in place that was looking out for them.....but with no AD and no HC, where do they go from here? Anyone know if they were going to have spring ball? What kind of assistants do they have in place to hold this all together?
-
Bullitt East taking a different approach to spring football
Just a difference in opinion I guess.... As I don't think 7 on 7 tells you much of anything about a team. I've seen teams that win 0-3 games in a season after winning 2-3 7 on 7 "championships" the summer before. 7 on 7 is fun for the kids.... But you don't learn much about your team by going to them.