Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All about the Kids

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by All about the Kids

  1. Well that may be true that most of the homes are in Coopers district, but can one school handle all of the new growth? I don't think so! Hopefully Boone County school board has been proactive in their planning and either have some type of redistricting plan or another high school plan. If not the schools are in big trouble space wise, teacher wise, resource wise! As far as sports, creates another headache also. just think if you have 50-60 kids in every class. That is a hefty price tag for football considering the cost to field a player.
  2. They are adding on to Ryle right now! Conner is busting at its seams, I think Cooper is also. Boone County itself has room I believe but they way the district is aligned none of those homes will be feeding into Boone County. No sure what will happen, but the Boone county school board should be concerned in my opinion.
  3. Maybe, Coach Engler is a slyer fox than what most might know. He has Private school background. He knows that Boone County has about 4000-5000 homes being built in the Boone County district over the next 2-3 years, which will have some athletes moving in I'm sure. Maybe he thinks that playing a premier team in Ohio will help show where his team is and where they need to go. Potential players/parents may like that idea. playing talent creates talent! Great way to show interested athletes/parents what your goals are. Just my opinion!
  4. Yes, Chisholm is the smallish quick back. Great field vision. Reads block well.
  5. Ryle has their top 2 receivers back in Bryce Ashley and Jake Long. Chisholm out of the back field along with Cole Burch will also get some balls their way. Zach Cusick will be a deep threat for the Raiders. I will assume they will also have some special plays under their hats if needed! Friday should be a fun game to watch for us fans!
  6. The season is upon us! I want to hear from the football fanatics about what schools they think are going to have great seasons, disappointing seasons and unexpected season one way or the other! What players are going to be stepping up or faltering in expectations! Please keep it fun.
  7. Anything new on how Ryle is progressing? Injuries? Move ins? etc. etc. Been kind of quite lately for the Union mafia!
  8. I haven't seen this young man play, I think he was hurt some last season. If this is the young man from Cooper that I see working out at a local gym, and he is as good as I have been told then the team that he signs for is getting a steal. I don't see many kids working as hard as he has during the off season. He has a good frame that still needs to fill out some. When it does he will be a force. I can see him playing a 2 or 3 at a mid major. Looks a lot like the Baker kid from Wichita State as a freshman . I can see a huge upside for this kid .
  9. Every year you hear about student athletes that are going to be D-1 players. Every year very few of these players sign to D-1 schools! It truly takes a special player to sign and play at the D-1 level, key word is play! Who has honestly seen any players in NKY in the last 2, 3 or 4 years any true D-1 studs on NKY teams. Thoughts?
  10. Good for Collin, and you all as a family! Proud of you and Collin for posting this. Not near enough people realize what ALL it takes to get a student/athlete to play at the college level. I know you have another son coming along that is a special athlete also! The system and coaches that are in place at Ryle have done their very best for Collin Im sure as they will for all their players now and in the future! Go get Collin at Union. Great atmosphere for football great atmosphere for being a student! Awesome!
  11. Game Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:puke::popcorn::dancingpa
  12. My guess is that Newport is going to be very competitive this season. Heard that Coach Snapp has his players ready to go and make some noise in the Ninth region this year
  13. This will be one of the top two games in Kentucky Friday night! The other will be played somewhere in Louisville.
  14. Good points Nation! I hope he gets to show his stuff this week and if they win again the following. He just needs to run over the competition at this point!
  15. Follow -up - If I was a linebacker and #7 hit me on the run lowering his shoulder a couple of times, guess what....I'm thinking a little more about how bad I want to get hit again! He is a man amongst boys but he must play that way, as do his teammates. Ryle is as good of a team in Northern Ky as any. They just need to put it all on the line.
  16. From what I have seen, Ryle has what they have on the line. If Ryle wants to get better maybe England should play on the line. What Ryle has on the bench for back ups can't play on Friday nights. He is Bigger than 3 of them for sure. Its playoff time. Get your best players on the field in order to win. Not time for making Johnny and jimmy or their parents to feel good about themselves! From what I have seen this year and I saw a few of the Ryle games, Ryle tries to get to the edge and you have to go hard and fast. If #7 ran hard and fast and used his god given body he would be on the field. I have seen a back who dances too much and doesn't hit the hole hard enough. He could run over any linebacker he has played to this point. Haven't seen it. Same can be said about #5. Smallest 6a football player I ever saw took him out last week. Look like Tarzans, play like Janes!
  17. Not sure who MySONISTHEBEST roots for but something you need to understand. The players and coaches in small school programs work as hard if not harder than kids at all other programs. They most always play both ways, and special team. Often there is quite a few players that never leave the field. One injury to a key player can alter a season completely. I have watched players at big schools who play one way and no special team cramp up all year long...maybe they aren't working hard enough in practice!!! :sssh: As far as people going to the games. I have been to several games this season and the attendance everywhere is down, but the turnout at the smaller schools appears to be better than the bigger ones. SO please make sure you know what you are talking about before you get on here and make yourself look like a goofball....unless that can't be helped! :banana:
  18. Difference in Ryle and Coopers game was the fact Cooper had a better D line than Ryle had O line. And the two fumbles late in the game the Cooper capitalized on! Cooper played better that night. They play again, who knows! Some of you people have no clue. Morgan 18-25 171 yards 1 td. He had several balls dropped and one reception was fumbled after a large gain. Brown played well, 13-30 220 1 td 1 int. Not sure those numbers say Brown outplayed Morgan. Also plenty of those yards came after the Ryle DB #3 covering #8 for Cooper went down with injury. That was a turning point in the game for Cooper. Ryle will have to play much better friday thats for sure. I think SK is going to be a tough hill to climb for them, but I have seen this team play some good football this year. Will be a fun game to watch as was the Cooper game!
  19. 1. Cooper won the game. Not sure if they play Ryle 10 times, it doesn't come out 5 to 5. 2. Everyone thought Cooper was a fluke after they got beat by Bryan Station 36-0. Everyone has off nights. 3. I like coaches who make teams adjust to what you do both on offense and defense. Tells your players you have confidence in them and your system. 4. Look at the stats in KHSAA, Ryle has been a relatively balanced team this season. Coopers frontlines are the best in NKY from what I have seen as a unit both sides of the ball. Would love to see these two play again! 5. Make sure you know what you are talking about before you state inflamitory comments about players or coaches.
  20. No, The districts flip flop. SK will play the #4 in Coopers district, then Cooper plays the #4 in SK's. #2 in Coopers plays #3 in SK's which will be Campbell or Boone Co. And Coopers #3 plays the loser of that game, so say Ryle beats Conner he are #2 and Play more than likely Boone. Then they play the winner between SK/and the #4. Do you see how it works. The top two teams do not meet until Regional.
  21. Dont have the option to wait. the seeds depend on the out come of tonights Conner game. Based on common opponents I would say play Cooper again.
  22. This is probably for another thread, but if you are Ryle who would you rather face i round two SK or Cooper again. If Conner beat Ryle then Ryle is 3 seed and stays on Coopers side of the bracket, if they win the are 2 seed and on SK's side of the bracket. Guess curious what peoples thoughts are?
  23. I think Ryle wins tonight! Back to Cooper/Ryle game briefly to not hack this thread. If they played 10 times, i think they split 5/5. I will tell you this, from what I saw. Not a single O-line or D-lineman for Ryle would start for Cooper. 56 is a beast. Is he being recruited by anyone?
  24. There is no way that Cooper has 6 players with close to 400 yards rushing on top of TCA. that would give them almost 3000 rushing yards for the season at a clip of 450 yards per game at 5-2. You need to get a different stat guy because those are padded stats! lol

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.