Newport 2015-16

They have some nice talent returning and with the addition of Mullins (has he been ruled eligible yet?) should be in a good spot to challenge Newcath for the district for the first time since 2008 if I remember correctly. Snapp, Covington, Hollis, and Mullins provides a solid core guys for Coach Snapp to build around. I think they will miss Paul Price this year. He was a tough nose guy who could bring the ball up and allow snapp to play off the ball and come off screens. And was also a lock down defender. It will be interesting if Snapp moves over to the PG position.

I think this team has a lot of potentially and on paper can compete with anyone in the region. I just think it's going to come down to if all of these guys by in to Coach Snapp and play together. Should be fun to watch.

Heard that Coach Snapp has his players ready to go

I'm betting that is the case every year on November 9th, and also the case with every other coach in the 9th (and around the state). I think Newport will be in that 2-5 mix in the region this year, but having them "ready to go" won't be the reason why. Great player, solid kids around him, better schedule -- should be a fun year. I'm sure the Wildcats are looking forward to that trip to Park Hills which should be a fun atmosphere for the boys to play in.

Mullins has been cleared and is eligible.

From a pure talent standpoint, not a team in this region Newport can't compete with and beat. Whether they can put it all together is the question.

Did we ever determine if they have a "big" that came in from Cincinnati?

Who will play the 4 and 5?

Did we ever determine if they have a "big" that came in from Cincinnati?

Who will play the 4 and 5?

No transfer.

Anthony Harmon is the kid everyone is referring to or thinking of. Grew to 6'6 over the summer so looks like a completely different player. Only played 4 games as a soph last year.

Think Cody Collins from the region championship team, only more explosive and athletic. Not as tough as Cody was but that's coming along.

Mullins cleared and eligible immediately or at semester break??

I remember reading about two reasons 1) played varsity last season at Holmes, and 2) enrolled at Newport after deadline for first semester eligibility requirement.

Eligible immediately. Playing this Sat v Pendleton Co.