Everything posted by FootballBobcat
-
Boyle County at St. Edward (OH) Predictions/Updates (9/7)
After watching how Frederick Douglass got handled by Akron Hoban last year I expect this to be more of the same. Top shelf Ohio football is another level from here. I grew up near St Edwards and, for decades, they just draw great talent and are well coached. That being said I wish Boyle nothing but the best.
-
Anderson (OH) 51 South Oldham 6
Right now I believe South Oldham is still on a hangover from the 2015-2019 teams that won District and Regional Championships. They haven’t really been the same since. During their run of success they were criticized for not scheduling tougher competition. Now that they are playing those teams, unfortunately, they don’t have the same level of talent. Not saying they would beat Anderson ever and it’s a stretch to even schedule them, but I get it. It will take some time to build back up. The Dragons are transitioning to a new offense and players are working their way through the learning process. This team will be better as the season progresses. There are also some very good players in the pipeline and better days are ahead. Just going to take some time.
-
South Oldham at Anderson (OH) Predictions/Updates
I do pull for the Dragons and wish them well. This is scrimmage/game three to start the season of very tough competition. From what I’ve seen so far the Dragon’s are going to struggle to score points in this game. But they will improve from it!
-
South Oldham vs. Christian Academy of Louisville (Scrimmage)
I have been to a few SO practices and saw them at a 7v7. I also was there but only for the first half last night. My take on CAL is they will go as far as their O-Line takes them. SO pretty much bottled up their run game and got after the QB more than a few times. I sat with some CAL parents and they had the same assessment. SO can cover the short and mid-range pass but when Hodge had time he hit several deep passes and just missed on a few more. I’m not sure how they did last week but so far I haven’t seen the Dragon offense, especially the passing game, produce much. Didn’t think the offense was dependent on triple option as much as the past but we’ll see when the real season begins. The starting QB left early in first quarter so I really didn’t see enough of him. The defense needs to clean up the deep pass defense. They have good talent and are a bit young. These tough games will make them better as the season goes.
-
2024 Football Scrimmages
I believe they scrimmaged last year and SO didn’t look too bad.
-
2024 South Oldham Dragons
Not only are the two scrimmages going to be difficult, I believe Anderson (Oh) would beat FD or CAL easily. But I give the Dragons credit for scheduling tough opponents early to get better. Will it help or hurt remains to be seen. There are several key positions that need someone to step up, starting with QB. I’m hoping to get to a few practices soon to see how that battle, as well as other battles, are coming along.
-
WKU 38 ODU 35 (OT)
Any word on Caden Veltcamp and what he is going to do?
-
Louisville vs. USC Predictions/Updates
Yep. Should be a good game!
-
WKU 38 ODU 35 (OT)
My bad. Turner Helton is his nephew.
-
WKU 38 ODU 35 (OT)
I read that WKU coaches told Veltcamp that if he stayed at WKU he would be moved to TE. That’s why he is in the portal. Why Austin Reed didn’t play QB in this game is a mystery. HC Tyson Helton probably played his nephew at QB since Veltcamp is in the portal. Unfortunately, Tucker Helton had a pick six and a fumble and coach was forced to make a change at QB. Big props to Veltcamp for rising to the occasion! If I was in Veltcamp’s shoes I would move on to a team/coach who believes in me and has my back. Too much favoritism for family ties there.
-
Lexington Catholic at Christian Academy of Louisville Predictions/Updates
Halftime 28-0. Heading home!
-
Lexington Catholic at Christian Academy of Louisville Predictions/Updates
Hodge 20 yard TD pass. 28-0. One minute left in half.
-
Lexington Catholic at Christian Academy of Louisville Predictions/Updates
LexCath drops another deep pass. Punt again.
-
Lexington Catholic at Christian Academy of Louisville Predictions/Updates
CAL 85 yard drive. Hodge TD pass! 21-0. Three minutes left in the half.
-
Lexington Catholic at Christian Academy of Louisville Predictions/Updates
Hodge 1 yard keeper. 14-0.
-
Lexington Catholic at Christian Academy of Louisville Predictions/Updates
Second quarter
-
Lexington Catholic at Christian Academy of Louisville Predictions/Updates
LexCath no running game. Punt again.
-
Lexington Catholic at Christian Academy of Louisville Predictions/Updates
CAL 35 yard TD pass. 7-0.
-
Lexington Catholic at Christian Academy of Louisville Predictions/Updates
LexCath receiver drops 50 yard pass. Have to punt again.
-
Lexington Catholic at Christian Academy of Louisville Predictions/Updates
Both teams punt on first possession
-
Lexington Catholic at Christian Academy of Louisville Predictions/Updates
Going to attend this one! Should be a very good game!!
-
Highlands vs. South Oldham Predictions/Updates
Ugh! The 915 was awesome! That is sad news.
-
Highlands vs. South Oldham Predictions/Updates
Would have liked to go to the 915 and have dinner and a beverage pregame but can’t make the trek this year. Any links to watch the game?
-
Scott County 43 South Oldham 14
Couldn’t agree more. After watching both teams Scott County is the better team. Have to catch a Highlands game for comparison.
-
South Oldham vs. Scott County Predictions/Updates
Now 21-0.