Everything posted by FootballBobcat
-
South Oldham at Oldham County Predictions/Updates
OC 3 and out.
-
South Oldham at Oldham County Predictions/Updates
Snider fumbles are the 1. OC takes over.
-
South Oldham at Oldham County Predictions/Updates
OC 3 and out. Snap goes over punters head. South takes over at the 4 yard line.
-
South Oldham at Oldham County Predictions/Updates
Alex Brown 2 TD TD pass to Kellen McGee. South up 14-7. Ethan Snider with a couple long runs.
-
South Oldham at Oldham County Predictions/Updates
Sam Young takes it in from 1 yd out. Score tied 7-7 to start the second quarter.
-
South Oldham at Oldham County Predictions/Updates
South 3 and out.
-
South Oldham at Oldham County Predictions/Updates
OC 3 and out.
-
South Oldham at Oldham County Predictions/Updates
South had a good drive going but fumbled on the OC 30.
-
South Oldham at Oldham County Predictions/Updates
South gets the pick off Sam Young. Very bad decision to throw it.
-
South Oldham at Oldham County Predictions/Updates
South Oldham up 7-0. Opened up a few holes. Good runs from Ethan Snider. Alex Brown able time complete a few short passes.
-
South Oldham at Oldham County Predictions/Updates
I got to see the South Oldham intra-squad scrimmage last Friday. First time I have gotten to see them at all this year. So many new faces this time around. With so little practice time they looked a little raw but I expected that. Alex Brown takes over at QB. The senior has played JV and gotten some varsity time over the last few years so he won't be all that inexperienced. Ethan Snider at RB should be the feature back this season. Ethan is very fast, strong, with good moves to avoid tacklers. There is a new kid at WR named Estrada (I believe) who everyone is high on. He did not play last Friday so I really can't say. The O-Line returns RT Garrison Muth and RG Grayson Breshear. Both big kids who should open a few holes! The defense's strength is at LB. Both Austin Covington and Nate Garrison return and looked very good. The D-Line looked strong and physical. One of last years strengths was the DBs. All 4 graduated so it will be interesting to see how the new group performs under live fire! Other than knowing Sam Young is a stud at QB I know very little about OC. He can throw from the pocket and on the run, with good vision and good decision making. He can also beat you with his feet as he is shifty, quick and fast. He is the X factor. South has won the last 9 games, many of them not really that close. OC has kept it very close in 2 of the last 3 however. Coach Fox has the program on the upswing. I look for OC to attack Souths running game and force them to show they can throw the rock. I expect they will blitz early and often and shut off the running lanes. If South gets some success early through the air, or bust a few holes and get some good runs, and slow down that attacking defense South should be fine offensively. Souths running defense should be good. I liked what I saw last Friday. If they can stop Sam Young from beating them through the air and keep him in the pocket, not letting him run wild in the open field, again South should be ok. Can't really speak about OC's running game yet. If Young finds success through the air and/or gets going running the ball OC has a good chance of winning. Colonel Mike -- we will be watching. To Coach Reed, the rest of the coaches and players--Good luck!! Go Dragons!! Taking the Dragons in a close one 24-21.
-
Will there be high school football this fall?
If I saw the news report correctly Utah has started HS football. Game was played with limited attendance. Players had their own water bottles and were spread out a little more. I am sure other protocols were followed. Let our games begin!!
-
Fan Capacity at Fall Sports
Common sense means different things to different people.
-
Will there be high school football this fall?
For all the false reporting going on I find it hard to believe the numbers. Let’s play!!
-
Will there be high school football this fall?
If the number of people who probably have had the virus is far higher than reported positive cases, stands to reason your chances of getting sick or worse is far less. We can’t let our economy and education system be destroyed over this. That would be far worse for way many more than could get sick. We need to forge our way through this smartly, but with resolve. We can get it done!
-
Will there be high school football this fall?
I would keep things open and not shut down schools or sports based on the stats that I see. Masks do help but I would not make them mandatory.
-
Will there be high school football this fall?
No we are not!
-
Will there be high school football this fall?
Right now there are approximately 4.6 million people in Kentucky. There have been 20,600 COVID cases. That’s what I found on the web. Someone do the math and tell me the percentage. I don’t want to sound cold but that to me is not worth shutting everything down for. The deaths, while tragic, occur mostly to certain demographics. Take extra precautions if you’re in one of those groups. If you don’t want to wear a mask don’t go out. It’s your choice. But for God’s sake keep things open and don’t take sports away. Let us make the choice.
-
South Oldham WR Ethan Bednarczyk
Ethan Bednarczyk has committed to play for EKU in the fall. It appears that Murray St was recruiting Ethan however, when Coach Johnson left MSU and went to EKU, Ethan decided to follow the coach. Ethan does leave South Oldham, after being a 3 year starter, as the most prolific WR in the Coach Jamie Reed era at South Oldham: - 90 Catches -1914 yards - 32 TDs - 21 yards per catch Ethan has a 4.0 GPA and I expect to see great things from this outstanding young man both on and off the field. Congrats Ethan!!
-
Class 5A Championship: #2 Frederick Douglass vs. #1 Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
Unless FD finds a passing game they won’t score. Receivers are open but inaccurate passes killing them.
-
Class 5A Championship: #2 Frederick Douglass vs. #1 Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
FD lacking a decent passing game so far. Can’t move the ball consistently.
-
Class 5A Playoffs: #4 Bowling Green at #5 South Oldham
Does Vito Tisdale play CB or safety? I was wondering that if he is a CB, would he get matched 1v1 with Ethan Bednarczyk so the defense can commit more resources to stopping the running game? Could he stop Ethan man up? Just one of the match ups I hope to see tonight!
-
Class 5A Playoffs: #4 Bowling Green at #5 South Oldham
Looking at the weather forecast it looks like the rain should stop mid morning. Game time temps mid to low 40’s. Good night for football!!
-
Class 5A Playoffs: #4 Bowling Green at #5 South Oldham
Red Pepper Deli is right across the street from the stadium—great sandwiches. Gustavos has been mentioned. Rikishi’s if you like Sushi. Hometown pizza is close.
-
Class 5A Playoffs: #4 Bowling Green at #5 South Oldham
Per the AD no canopy's Friday.