Everything posted by Cobb18MKG14
-
Ashland 2016
From what I gather Brown is not back at Ashland....
-
Tates Creek 41 Ashland 22
That is completely and totally ridiculous.
-
4A #3 Ashland at 6A Tates Creek
Brown has issues lining up correctly and knowing the plays. No way he could handle the mental aspect of playing QB.
-
Ashland 42 Russell 8 (Frosh Kiwanis Bowl)
I believe Josh Gross played in the K Bowl as a freshman, not that it matters...
-
4A #1 Johnson Central at 4A #3 Ashland
Agreed.
-
4A #1 Johnson Central at 4A #3 Ashland
I don't remember him having any runs of consequence this year, maybe Im forgetting something. Dowdy is way faster....
-
4A #1 Johnson Central at 4A #3 Ashland
Ratliff does have a stronger arm, but in my opinion the offense seems to struggle more overall when he is in the game. And to be honest, he hasn't exactly lit it up running or throwing when he has played this year.
-
Ashland vs. Russell (Frosh) Kiwanis Bowl
The Kiwanis Bowl is usually on the radio. I think Ashland has a good running back, last name Robinson. His sisters are the basketball players...I have not seen a freshman game this year.
-
Kash Daniel versus Quinton Baker This Week
I have never seen Daniel play, so of course my loyalty is with Baker. I would say that Quinton can effect a game faster than any other player in the state. Obviously on offense he can go the distance on any play. He has proven valuable on defense, with forced fumbles, big hits, deflections, an INT and defensive touchdown. When kicked to on special teams he can be deadly as well. I also think the level of competition he faces is tougher as well.
-
Tyler Pack Predictions for This Week
I will bet that whatever Pack does or doesn't do Matney will fawn like a school girl over it to any newspaper that will listen.
-
4A #1 Johnson Central at 4A #3 Ashland
I don't know how to feel about this one. My heart wants to think it will be close and that Ashland can win, but Im not so sure. I think that the 1st quarter will determine the game. If its close at the end of 1, then it will be close all the way. If JC comes out and is up 14-0, then its lights out. I don't think Ashland can play from behind. Obviously JC will key on Q, but if you have watched Ashland over the last few weeks they have been running out of different formations....I assume that will continue this week. Will it work? Who knows. I think JC can pass some, and that scares me, I think the Ashland DB's on man coverage will be burned. Baker and Brown will play a lot of defense Friday and could sure up the secondary. Surely Ashland will come out disciplined with no dumb penalties. Except for a few meaningless INT's that Tomcats take care of the football, Im not sure if JC puts its on the ground or not. I think it will be a defensive battle, I'm glad Ashland has the games best homerun threat. Ashland 22 JC 21
-
4A #3 Ashland vs. Greenup County
It seems that Greenup is a little bit better than last year, but Ashland is MUCH better than last year. The only slight worry has to be that Ashland will be looking ahead to the game with JC. If Ashland is focused this will be another blowout. Ashland 41 Greenup 14
-
Ashland 46 East Carter 15
Here are Quinton's highlights from EC. The hurdle is the 2nd or 3rd play... Ashland Blazer High School vs. East Carter - Quinton Baker highlights
-
#3 4A Ashland @ East Carter
I think the fact that the game will be played at Putnam Stadium is huge. If Ashland wins and they meet again in the playoffs I assume that game would also be in Ashland...so winning the regular season game is critical in my opinion. Going to JC to play in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs (Im not sure when they would meet) and pulling out a win would be tough.
-
#3 4A Ashland @ East Carter
Obviously Im joking guys...
-
#3 4A Ashland @ East Carter
Tcats might hang with KCU for 3 quarters....
-
#3 4A Ashland @ East Carter
Running clock in this one, Tcats by 40+. Hope the weather is nice, looks like rain as of right now.
-
4A #3 Ashland @ Boyd County 10-2
I hear all the time that Boyd has all these athletes "walking the halls" but they are playing other sports. I just don't buy it. The football team has been basically awful for 10 years or so, the basketball team until the last 2 years or so was just as bad...and even now they are just middle of the pack. I guess baseball has a good team every couple of years, but they are far from a yearly dominant team in the region. Over the last 5 years I would say Ashland has been better on average, and Greenup seems to have good young talent. As far as soccer goes, well I don't pay attention to soccer, but again I don't think BC is cutting down the nets so to speak (I do read the newspaper). Can one person, coach, administrator change this? Not likely. Who knows what the root of the problem is, maybe moms and dads just aren't churning out the athletes like the used to. Some times its generational. You want your good athletes to stay in their hometown, and have kids, and create a new generation of good athletes. Ashland had that in the mid 90's and 2000's with the Umberger's, Lynch's, Thomas', etc. I don't guess there are any little Zornes' or Frank Lee's running around the county right now.
-
4A #3 Ashland @ Boyd County 10-2
Ashland 48 Boyd 7 I would like to see some new offensive wrinkles. Hopefully Dowdy can throw it around some and get Brown a few more carries than normal. A little off topic, but I really hate watching a game at BC...
-
2015 Mr. Football
Q Baker
-
Ashland @ Rowan County 9-25
Ashland 49 Rowan7 This team is on a mission.
-
Ironton OH @ Ashland 9-18
I'm not sure what to think about Ironton. When was the last time they started the season 0-3. Ashland seems to get better each week, I see no reason to think differently. Palladino is of course a difference maker for Ironton, who knows if he will play. If he does, is Ironton a 1 man show. To put up points on Ashland's defense you will need more than 1 guy. Ashland 28 Ironton 13
-
Ashland 49 Russell 23
Total domination from start to finish. The thing I like most about this team is that they improve each week. You see a few new plays (passing) each week, which was the main criticism after week 1. Dowdy has gotten much better and showed really good speed and vision on his TD runs. Could we be looking down the road at an undefeated show down between Ashland and JC? Cats beat Ironton and it is likely....
-
Ashland @ Russell Predictions 9/11
Im excited to see if Dowdy and Ratliff can improve again this week. There was a pretty noticeable improvement in both from week one. Hopefully we will see a few new wrinkles...
-
Ashland @ Russell Predictions 9/11
In my opinion I hope that record is never broken. I can remember Arliss had a chance to break it against Rowan Co. but said he didn't want to. He mentioned how Jason Nichols ran for almost 400 yards against Ironton, and it wouldn't be the same if he broke it against Rowan Co....which is very true. Think about this, if Baker breaks 3 80 yard runs he is still 150 yards short of that record. I don't think there will be a game where he gets enough carries. I assume East Carter is fairly weak and he could set the record against them, but no way he even needs to carry the ball in the 2nd half against them. That's why Nichols record is so impressive. He wasnt just running wild over some powder puffs, Ashland needed him in that game against a great opponent and he performed. Its almost a mythical record, over shadowed by a monumental collapse with 1 minute left.