Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 46 East Carter 15

Featured Replies

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final

 

 

Thanks for all the updates.

It's a win, but an ugly one. I really can't say ugly, I guess I'll go with a lethargic win. Ashland ran like only 6-7 plays in the first half it seemed. East was just shoving the ball right down our throats. Their first drive went for 18 plays, yes, 18 plays. As well, they kicked a field goal with 1:something left on the clock. When we got the ball, we ran two plays and scored. There was 50 sec left on the clock. East got the ball again, ran two plays and the qtr was over. They were just killing us. Love said at halftime, there was a stern talking to. It did pay off, we looked much better in the second half. Even though Drew had a pick, our secondary was a little weak this game. I'll take it; back to the familiar confines of Putnam stadium for the next two games.

  • Author

East played very good the first half and went into halftime only down 10. Ashland didn't look good other than Quinton the first half as well, think they were overlooking East. If East wants to beat Boyd next week(I think) they're going to have to put 4 quarters of football together. Defensively besides the plays where Quinton was superman they were solid, I don't think the big plays were a result of bad defense but a result of the best athlete from this area ever being that good. I think you can take away this game a lot more positives than negatives. They played really good just got beat by a way better team and an established program. Good learning experience. Josh Ford needs the ball more but Darin Phillips ran good the first half. Ford will be super good in the coming years if his play against JV defenses is a sign of things to come, he takes multiple defenders to get him down at that level.

 

Quinton summed up his year so far when he had the most athletic play I've ever seen on a high school field. I swear he was a cross of Michael Jordan in Space Jam and Superman he hurdled a kid. The refs probably were so in awe that they forgot that was illegal and didn't call it and he ran it to the endzone. I may be exaggerating but I'm pretty sure he was 30 feet in the air :lol2:

 

Ashland needs to play better than they did if they want to beat JC, and even Greenup. They won this game yes but they are better than they played this game and I'm an East fan. Good luck to the Tomcats! Really nice fans, and I'll root for Ashland the rest of the way.

  • Author
It's a win, but an ugly one. I really can't say ugly, I guess I'll go with a lethargic win. Ashland ran like only 6-7 plays in the first half it seemed. East was just shoving the ball right down our throats. Their first drive went for 18 plays, yes, 18 plays. As well, they kicked a field goal with 1:something left on the clock. When we got the ball, we ran two plays and scored. There was 50 sec left on the clock. East got the ball again, ran two plays and the qtr was over. They were just killing us. Love said at halftime, there was a stern talking to. It did pay off, we looked much better in the second half. Even though Drew had a pick, our secondary was a little weak this game. I'll take it; back to the familiar confines of Putnam stadium for the next two games.

 

 

Sums it up. Good post and congrats!

Baker 12-290 and 4 TDs. Was their that hurdle had the whole crowd shocked. I still don't believe what I saw, he never broke stride hope someone has it on tape.

  • Author
Baker 12-290 and 4 TDs. Was their that hurdle had the whole crowd shocked. I still don't believe what I saw, he never broke stride hope someone has it on tape.

 

Ill work on getting it. Check his Hudl account in a few days it'll have his East Highlights. Plus it needs to be on SC. It was just insane.

Ill work on getting it. Check his Hudl account in a few days it'll have his East Highlights. Plus it needs to be on SC. It was just insane.

That's what a strong candidate maybe the front runner for Mr. Football looks like. Unbelievable!!! Would have loved to be on the East sideline and or one of the chain gang.

  • Author
That's what a strong candidate maybe the front runner for Mr. Football looks like. Unbelievable!!! Would have loved to be on the East sideline and or one of the chain gang.

 

Most of the East sideline was yelling for a penalty. I was like "I'm not even mad that's impressive." He's the best player in the state he deserves the award. What's he have 1500 yards now in 7 games? And he hasn't played 4 quarters in a bunch of them.

Congrats to the Tomcats on the Win. ECHS .... Hang in there, better days are coming for your program.

Seriously, it takes multiple JV defenders to tackle Josh Ford, OMG! Again, nothing personal against the kid.

  • Author
Seriously, it takes multiple JV defenders to tackle Josh Ford, OMG! Again, nothing personal against the kid.

Kids a sophomore, a JV player. Just listing another positive, which besides the final score this game was full of them for East. Just got beat by an obviously better team.

East played hard didn't turn it over and executed their game plan to perfection the first quarter. Problem Baker is a man among boys. That first TD run looked like he was shot out of a cannon. East plays that way against Boyd and doesn't turn it over they have a shot at a W.

It looked like East was running in quick sand trying to catch him.

  • Author
East played hard didn't turn it over and executed their game plan to perfection the first quarter. Problem Baker is a man among boys. That first TD run looked like he was shot out of a cannon. East plays that way against Boyd and doesn't turn it over they have a shot at a W.

 

I have the hurdle but I'm having trouble finding out how to post it. It's being odd. If it comes down to it I will video on my laptop and post from a phone video.

 

 

I think and hope they do pull out the Boyd win. I think the Ashland Boyd score was only as close as it was because of the weather. Easts record is a direct reflection of their schedule. The 6 losses are all against teams above .500. Ashland, Raceland, Greenup, Fairview, Johnson Central, and the best West Carter team in years. That's a tough stretch for a team in year one of a HC change transition. Games at home as well.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.