Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 46 East Carter 15

Featured Replies

Thanks for the updates in the update thread , RaiderPride. East gave a ton of effort in this one, that's all anyone can ask for, they just ran out if gas and didn't have an answer for Baker. I wouldn't worry about not having an answer for Q though, most teams don't.

 

Good luck to the Raiders the rest of the way. Personally I think they get the win against Boyd this week. They need to use the first quarter last night as inspiration for the rest of the season.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously' date=' it takes multiple JV defenders to tackle Josh Ford, OMG! Again, nothing personal against the kid.[/quote']

 

So what if it's JV players. Those are kids his age and kids he'll be playing against the next two years. Sounds like he's going to be a good one, and RaiderPride5 should be bragging on him.

  • Author
So what if it's JV players. Those are kids his age and kids he'll be playing against the next two years. Sounds like he's going to be a good one, and RaiderPride5 should be bragging on him.

 

He's a model kid as well. Son of a preacher, very well mannered. Could play varsity at all the major 4 sports (baseball, soccer, football, basketball sorry if your sport isn't listed guys) but is focusing on football. He will end up being a pretty good linebacker as well. Can hit and he makes some pretty nasty blocks too.

 

He does whatever he can to hate on the program and that's okay, I just hope he is still on here when Ford is a junior and a senior and West is without Braden and company.

What's up with the dork on the sideline doing the heisman pose on the hurdle run?

I'm sure Ford is an outstanding young man. But how can he win games by himself? There must not be any other players on the roster. You rarely mention anyone else and only discuss Ford during the end of blowouts. I have been involved with football longer than you have been alive (Raiderpride5). I've seen the changes through the years at East. The problems start off the field and get good coaches like Coach Moore fired.

He's at all the games, on the sidelines, one of the head trainers. He seems like a very passionate man. I think he was just a little too passionate on that play. :) I will say, the entire stands stood up on that play, including the East Carter fans. It looked really impressive from where I was sitting…

  • Author
I'm sure Ford is an outstanding young man. But how can he win games by himself? There must not be any other players on the roster. You rarely mention anyone else and only discuss Ford during the end of blowouts. I have been involved with football longer than you have been alive (Raiderpride5). I've seen the changes through the years at East. The problems start off the field and get good coaches like Coach Moore fired.

Moore resigned but it was because of parents yes. Moore should've never been fired.

 

The reason I only mention him is because he's the one who scores, I can go ahead and name the rest of the sophomore class if you want. I do agree they have to develop a supporting cast around him to win games, mostly on the Oline. The QB Hickle is only a sophomore, and he knows the system well and is probably the best overall sophomore athlete (could be a 3varsity sport kid in the end). If Kieran Fankell can remain healthy he's a really good linebacker and will most likely be FB next year.

 

 

Not saying they're going to be world beaters by the time he's a junior or senior, but they're going to be better if they continue to buy in, the community buys in (there's the struggle). Most of the team will be back next year and will be heavily junior senior dominated.

It might have been mentioned, and if it has, forgive me. But who was ejected from the game? At first I thought it was #44 after interacting with the kicker, but then he remained in the game at linebacker. Just curious.

That hurdle was nasty. Can't wait to (hopefully) see him on the basketball court this season.

  • Author
It might have been mentioned, and if it has, forgive me. But who was ejected from the game? At first I thought it was #44 after interacting with the kicker, but then he remained in the game at linebacker. Just curious.

Was a mistake nobody was ejected. Mistake by the referee thought it was a different players second foul but it Wasn't.

  • Author
That hurdle was nasty. Can't wait to (hopefully) see him on the basketball court this season.

 

 

It was nasty. I'm almost positive, no I am positive that it's an illegal play but it doesn't even matter I wouldn't have threw the flag either. That kid is about 6 foot that he hurdled. He just kept in stride though it was great.

 

 

Many people from East came to watch him and most left with the opinion "why is he going to Marshall?" Meaning they think he could go elsewhere. I think he could play right away at Marshall, but man would I love to see him as the Percy Harvin/Hback at OSU. I think many teams are sleeping on him though.

Many people from East came to watch him and most left with the opinion "why is he going to Marshall?" Meaning they think he could go elsewhere. I think he could play right away at Marshall, but man would I love to see him as the Percy Harvin/Hback at OSU. I think many teams are sleeping on him though.

 

IMO, a lot of teams missed the boat on Q. I'm not a Marshall fan, but it will be nice to be able to watch him play anytime I want during his college career. I also believe by choosing Marshall he will be able to play early and often his entire career. They have also put plenty of great athletes in the pro's, so he will still get plenty of exposure. From what I know, he is still actively being recruited by some of the larger schools though.

  • Author
IMO, a lot of teams missed the boat on Q. I'm not a Marshall fan, but it will be nice to be able to watch him play anytime I want during his college career. I also believe by choosing Marshall he will be able to play early and often his entire career. They have also put plenty of great athletes in the pro's, so he will still get plenty of exposure. From what I know, he is still actively being recruited by some of the larger schools though.

He is maybe 5'8-9 and I heard closer to 200 pounds right now and was clocked on a 40 that was faster than anyone at this past years NFL draft combine. He has Super speed and I believe has a good chance to get himself drafted at Marshall.

 

What other schools? If a team goes after him hard enough would he flip by February? (I think that's signing day)

What other schools? If a team goes after him hard enough would he flip by February? (I think that's signing day)

 

I know Tennessee has shown interest, one of the Mississippi schools also, I believe it was Miss State. I'm not sure about the others, just spoke briefly to someone in the know at the Ironton game that more less said "keep your fingers crossed" when I mentioned it will be nice to watch him play locally.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.