Ashland 49 Russell 23

GOREDDEVILS

I said in the prediction thread that I didn't think this game would be close, and I was right. Ashland continues to improve every week. It was 49-8 and a running clock after the Dowdy TD. Good luck to Russell the rest of the year, and bring on the Tigers.

Ashland looks like the real deal this year. To me, the most noticeable difference in Ashland this year as opposed to last year is in the trenches. Ashland's OL must have spent the entire off-season in the weight room. The difference is like night and day.

Even if Russell had played their absolute best, Ashland still wins comfortably. The Devils didn't do themselves any favors with turnovers and boneheaded decisions. After putting together a good drive and building some confidence, why on earth do you kick it deep to Baker? He broke the big plays this year that he didn't last year.

Russell's got some work to do. This offense has been very disappointing so far. They've faced three good defenses in a row, but Russell hasn't shown the growth on offense that I expected to see this year. With Church starting tonight, I had hoped to see Russell push the ball down the field a little. They were too conservative, IMO.

Q has to be in the thick of the Mr. Football conversation. Maybe even the frontrunner?

Best kick off return I've ever seen in person

When the kid was in the 8th grade at Boyd I remember on the kickoff it looked like it would roll into the end zone (impressive for 8th grade kicker I thought) but it stopped almost hitting the goal line and he went Bo Jackson Tecmo bowl returning it. All the way left, right and gone. Knew he was special back then.

Ashland looks like the real deal this year. To me, the most noticeable difference in Ashland this year as opposed to last year is in the trenches. Ashland's OL must have spent the entire off-season in the weight room. The difference is like night and day.

Even if Russell had played their absolute best, Ashland still wins comfortably. The Devils didn't do themselves any favors with turnovers and boneheaded decisions. After putting together a good drive and building some confidence, why on earth do you kick it deep to Baker? He broke the big plays this year that he didn't last year.

Russell's got some work to do. This offense has been very disappointing so far. They've faced three good defenses in a row, but Russell hasn't shown the growth on offense that I expected to see this year. With Church starting tonight, I had hoped to see Russell push the ball down the field a little. They were too conservative, IMO.

Q has to be in the thick of the Mr. Football conversation. Maybe even the frontrunner?

You can probably put him and Kash Daniel at the front IMO.

Yikes! I knew ashland would win, but what a performance. And of course I was at the concession stand when Baker ran back the kick off. Line play was great. I really thought Dowdy solidified his position as the main man. He really took control. IMO. Russell did shoot themselves in the foot with fumbles and bad decision making. I hope the QB gets better soon. I did think Conley ran well at times, Ashland's defence really flexed their muscle tonight, really dominated. Let's get ready for the Tigers in a week. Congrats Cats.

When the kid was in the 8th grade at Boyd I remember on the kickoff it looked like it would roll into the end zone (impressive for 8th grade kicker I thought) but it stopped almost hitting the goal line and he went Bo Jackson Tecmo bowl returning it. All the way left, right and gone. Knew he was special back then.

He did run right and left tonight he simply shook defender to the turf. He has tremendous "wiggle" it's incredible to watch at times.