Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 42 Russell 8 (Frosh Kiwanis Bowl)

Featured Replies

Great game by the Tomcats. Robinson and Ratliff both went over 100 yards rushing. Robinson had 4 TDs. Russell had 4 turnovers, Ashland had none. Wilburn and Duvall had good games for Russell. This ends a three game winning streak for the Devils in this series.

 

Russell plays Bath Co. next week. I heard Coach Love say that Ashland might play Greenup Co. at Putnam next week in a game that wasn't previously scheduled.

Robinson and Ratliff might be a dynamic duo when they're the varsity starters.

Did Ratliff play QB or RB last night? I was thinking Will Adkins was the starting QB for the freshman team?

Good game by the young Cats. Russell couldn't hold on to the ball all night. Every time they had something going, it ended in a fumble. Ashland's defense bent but didn't break on a few occasions. Russell's qb is a good size kid. Burnt the defensive backs on a big pass play. Robinson is a very good running back. Edmanson runs well between the tackles and is a good pass blocker. I thought the Cats did well mixing up the pass and run. Adkins played the majority of the snaps under center and in the shotgun. He's a BIG qb. Listed at 6'4, 207. Threw the ball well. Ratliff played defensive corner all night. He took a few snaps as well. I think he only had one completion. However, I've said all along he can run. He proved that tonight. Ran two long tds. Coaches are going to have to make a decision in a couple of years whether or not to have a passing qb or a running qb. Someone said that Coach Love was on the radio with Dicky and stated that both qbs have their own skill sets. My thoughts after watching the game would be to have Ratliff and Robinson in the backfield and let Adkins get them the ball in space. That trio in the backfield, along with Edmanson, might be able to do some damage against their opponents. Edmanson and Caines were tremendous on both sides of the ball. Both had great games. Edmanson came away with the defensive player of the game, but it could have gone to Caines as well. I was told that Caines set a state high jump record in middle school, said it was over 6'. He can catch the ball too. The entire Tomcat Freshman team deserves credit; it was a total team win. The Tomcat's future looks bright.

Had Ratliff played in many freshmen games prior to Kiwanis Bowl?

Had Ratliff played in many freshmen games prior to Kiwanis Bowl?

 

That's something that the parents around me were talking about. They said that he hasn't played with the freshman all year. One of them said that he hadn't even practiced with them this week.

Kiwanis Bowl means a lot to Ashland obviously.

Kiwanis Bowl means a lot to Ashland obviously.

 

Just as much as it meant to Russell in 2002 when they played Kasey Clark.

It didn't look like they really needed him. Would have done fine without him. He only scored twice. Defense, he played corner. Had a few tackles. Wasn't a threat throwing the ball. JMO

Just as much as it meant to Russell in 2002 when they played Kasey Clark.

 

Did Kasey start varsity in '02? I can't remember. That was his freshman year, though. Personally, I didn't have a problem with Ratliff playing last night. He is a freshman and it's not like he starts on Friday nights.

 

Ashland's going to have a tough choice to make in a couple of years as far as who's taking the snaps. It's a nice problem to have, though. Is Adkins capable of playing any other position?

Did Kasey start varsity in '02? I can't remember. That was his freshman year, though. Personally, I didn't have a problem with Ratliff playing last night. He is a freshman and it's not like he starts on Friday nights.

 

Ashland's going to have a tough choice to make in a couple of years as far as who's taking the snaps. It's a nice problem to have, though. Is Adkins capable of playing any other position?

 

I'm pretty sure he did. I remember asking back in 2002 if Clark was going to play in the Kiwanis Bowl.

Did Kasey start varsity in '02? I can't remember. That was his freshman year, though. Personally, I didn't have a problem with Ratliff playing last night. He is a freshman and it's not like he starts on Friday nights.

 

Ashland's going to have a tough choice to make in a couple of years as far as who's taking the snaps. It's a nice problem to have, though. Is Adkins capable of playing any other position?

 

I asked the same question last night. They said he is a DE, however, he hasn't played it this year. Don't know why...

I asked the same question last night. They said he is a DE, however, he hasn't played it this year. Don't know why...

 

Probably because they don't want to take a chance on their starting QB injured on defense.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.