Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cobb18MKG14

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cobb18MKG14

  1. I think if the kick crosses the goaline it is considered a touchback...and the ball is placed at the 20.
  2. I don't want to debate anything, just trying to post the facts.
  3. No, he ONLY went to Boyd in 8th grade...not up until 8th grade. He went to Poage Elementary which is part of the Ashland schools.
  4. Quinton Baker attended Boyd Middle School for 1 year, has spent every other year in the Ashland school system.
  5. Ashland 41 Holmes 7 I certainly hope the Tomcats play their best game of the year, definitely want to send the senior out with a nice in at Putnam.
  6. I agree. The sad part is that they seem to have gotten worse throughout the year...
  7. I wouldn't want Matney on Ashland's sidelines ever. Dude is a really good coach, but has no class.
  8. I think most recruiting hype these days comes from combine/camp performances in the summer.
  9. Everything he gets her gets on his own, with defenses devoting probably 80% of their attention on him. I don't think he has scratched the surface of how good he can be. With a possible redshirt year and all the weight/nutrition training they do...Im sure his best days are ahead.
  10. The days of school's having a feature back are gone. I would love to see a backfield in a few years with Boom Williams, Harris, Baker, and whoever else they get. It takes a stable these days...
  11. Raceland is smaller than Ashland, but Russell and Ironton are not vastly smaller. I don't know exact records, but between those 3 teams they have maybe lost 2 games this season. Ironton would smack JC if they played in Ironton I have no doubt about that.
  12. Yes, I totally agree with you. But I just don't think they are 40-50 points better...
  13. Do you seriously believe that? 40-50 points?
  14. That's true. Doesn't change the fact that no one wants to play against someone who is a poor sport if they can avoid it. Treating people/teams/schools/kids that way ultimately leads to negative thoughts/opinions about you and your school. I can remember JC being up 9 against Ashland with 2 seconds left in the game, what does Matney do??? Runs a QB bootleg around the end for a senseless TD. Those types of actions go to the heart of what type of person you are and the program you run. I would never want my son to learn how to play football, treat others, and become and man for a coach like that.
  15. True, But you cant blame people for not wanting to play a coach who constantly runs up the score etc.
  16. Not so sure about JC being a favorite over Cov Cath, especially if the game is in Northern KY.
  17. Obviously. But that is a comment based on history and also current team performances.
  18. JC and Matney always seem really concerned with stats and records. They like to have the leading this or that in the state...they always do silly things like let other teams return kickoffs back in blowout games, just so the offense can rack up yards.
  19. Exactly. JC wouldn't be within 3 TD's of CCH or HHS.
  20. I don't really think that JC has the ability to hang with Highlands. I'm not really sure about their strength of schedule either...
  21. I wish I felt differently but I don't think the Tomcats can hang...maybe if the game was in Ashland, but its not. I would imagine the Oline and Dline for JC will be the difference in this one.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.