Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

footballnmyblood

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by footballnmyblood

  1. I really like Union College. The football is in a rebuilding mode and from what I see can make a great push in NAIA to get that championship. Coach Knorr is wonderful (recruiting coach for this area). Coach Willis is a no nonsense guy. Get the work done on the field and in the class room. Good luck to Colin. He deserves it. By the way so do you. GO BULLDOGS!!!!!
  2. I am not sure how this game is going to go, but there is one glaring thing that should worry SK. Campbell County's sophomore running back ran for 93 yards all up the middle with a broken hand and his arm in a cast. They struggled to stop him. CC Quarterback Plessinger had 86 yards rushing. Not bad. But with Ryle having Chisolm and England in the back field this could get interesting. They run hard and down hill. They need the bigs up front to create space and lets face it, Ryle's O-Line is better than Campbell any day. So this could change the game quickly However.......... The great equalizer in this game is Dillon Powell. He breaks tackles like no one I have seen in a long while. I say good luck. Come out un-injured and get ready for your playoff runs.
  3. Every kid has a role. Maybe his role is to play scout team in practice. If that is his role then own it and be the best scout team player you can be. Sophomores aren't guaranteed time in a game unless his role is to be a game player. Maybe next year his role changes and he is a game player. You have to earn your spots. It is what it is. Quitting is not showing any respect for the coaches, players or the game.
  4. I heard that 8 players (6 starters) did not play the 1st half of the game because they missed practice. I dont think they missed again.
  5. It was a collarbone. He had to have it surgically repaired. Quick recovery young man
  6. I have issues with the Band.... I think its fine before the game and at halftime but not during the game. I have seen when the opposing team is on the field and trying to send in plays the band is playing. Sorry I cant stand the noise. I love the parent that doesn't really know the game trying to give someone else who doesn't know the game a lesson on why their little Johnny should be on the field more. Its hilarious. Its ok to be passionate as long as its not belittling of anyone. Cheer your team and its players as loud as you want but clap when the other team does well. Don't put them down, build them up.
  7. With the playing of SK's freshman team I am not sure this statement can be true. They aren't very good. With that being said, kids grow, players develop, who knows. But make sure you don't over sell the fact that average is where your going to be.
  8. Cooper is good, SK could be great, but I have this feeling SK loses this one. SK in my opinion should beat everyone they play this year but, I think the Jags are going to surprise them. Cooper 21 - SK 7
  9. I saw a parent that their son was really good in Middle School but is not playing Freshman ball. I asked why not and they said its because he wants to be the starting running back and the stupid coaches want him to play the offensive line. He was the best running back when he was little. Yeah but now little Johnny is 5'9" and weighs in at 225lbs. He is not the little running back anymore. What happened to I'll play wherever it helps my team? The parents made it seem like it was the coaches fault.
  10. CC only had one senior. She played a lot of minutes, but didn't score a ton. I think CC will have what it takes to repeat. They have been working hard at Basketball and life. Its cool to see them come together. Good luck to all teams.
  11. I think Scott pulls this off. I am concerned a little with the offense. Not scoring on NCC makes me a little nervous. Dixie is young and inexperienced but they have a good coaching staff that will get them ready by the end of the season.
  12. I am going to root for Bracken.... They won last week to end a losing streak from last year and lets go for 2. I am not against Ludlow. I just want to see the small teams do well.
  13. Wow.... I think these teams are evenly matched. Good luck to both teams. I hope they come out injury free.
  14. I think you are underestimating the Camels. I believe they will win 14-7 against the Birds. Attitude and anger has little to do with execution and preparedness. Play angry play out of control. Prepare and Execute
  15. Whichever team loses its ok, because there is a lot of season left to get things right and you will be a better team for it. To very well coached teams that know how to turn a negative into a positive. My prediction is that whoever wins it will be within a touchdown. Good luck boys have fun and sell out.
  16. Covington Catholic (I have family and friends coaching and in administration here) Newport ( I Like the AD) Campbell County ( I have family that play and coach here) Scott Eagles (I like their stadium) Boone Co ( I would love to see the success that Owen Hauck had here. I used to love to go to Rebel games and watch these guys play. Of Course they had a running back named Shawn Alexander in their back field)
  17. Dislike is a harsh word. But there are a couple that come to mind. George Rogers Clark - I watched Fans sit in their trucks behind the opposing teams and yell profanities to the players. Cops would do nothing about it. Highlands- I have known many families that live in FTH that think because they live there they are better than most. Whatever. Simon Kenton - By far the most obnoxious fans. Also Marksberry might be the most arrogant EDITTED I have ever met. I coached freshman football a couple of years ago for a NKY school and it was Sleeting, Raining and about 30 degrees. But they offered us no lockerroom and no shelter. Jackwagons
  18. Scrimmages are no more than to see what you got. You want to win. But if your losing you may try a little more that you would if your winning. Last thing you want is someone getting hurt.
  19. He is legitimate 6'8". Matt has worked on his strength and footwork relentlessnessly. I see him making a big splash this year at the QB position. (side note - One of the best kids around, polite works hard and is a true leader) CC only graduated 1 senior on the offensive line. All beit it was Logan Schneider who was a man child, but They will have kids ready to step up and take his spot.Watch the center Jordan Mason (SR) smallest lineman on the field but by far the toughest. He will knock you down pick you up and do it again. He thrives on perfection and truly has mastered his position. Brett Graziana (Jr) Josh Griffith (sr) Jake Eifert(sr) David Danford (SO) CC did graduate 2 senior receivers - Jake Zabonick and Nate Hess. They will have some very talented Senior and junior receivers that will step up. Matt Mayer is 6'2" and is very physical. Andrew Crowder is a junior that the coaches constantly mention the kid has the best hands on the team. He catches most balls he shouldn't. Eric Bingham TE. (JR) This kid is so strong and sets the edge well, but has the finess to catch most balls. They also have a couple of other Juniors that will make some appearances that will help out tremendously something they did not have last year. CC did graduate Alex Howard at RB. However, Josh Carroll (sr.) and Dawson Hogan (jr) will fill that role without missing a beat. Defense CC graduated 2 Dlineman (this will be the one area that may need most of the work) Secondary should be a strong point for CC Linebackers- CC graduated 2 great linebackers - There are 2 in the waiting that are bigger stronger and faster, Carson Plessinger (Jr.) Brandon Oldendick (SR) Tanner Hamilton (SO) These guys filled in last yr and will just plug in. I see CC winning a good portion of their games and will be in contention for all. Good Luck Coach Lickert and staff. Since Coach Lickert has been at CC the mentality has changed. Winning is expected now. One of the biggest changes I have seen bar none is attitude of the players. I ran into some of the sophmores that will be Juniors next year. They are built. Strong, the training program has done wonders for these kids. I cant wait to see whats next for Campbell County. GO CAMELS
  20. To close to call. I think as long as Russell is at the Helm of the Camel sinking ship, they can be beat on any given day.
  21. I heard that Jake Zabonick from Campbell Co. Signed with Georgetown College as well
  22. Campbell Co is having 7 on 7 today at Campbell against Bellevue.
  23. Too Young. Semper Fi young man. May you rest in piece.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.