Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

footballnmyblood

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by footballnmyblood

  1. It started at 9 am this morning. They split the field. Since both teams are 2 units. The offense from both sides looked good. The defense on both sides looked rusty but both picked it up and played better as the scrimmage went on. The Lefty QB for Cov Cath looked good on most passes.
  2. Its Tuesday during the day..... Not sure of the time definitely during the day.
  3. Knock them Down, pick them up, wipe the off and do it again.
  4. I have kids, And if my kid disrespects himself, my surname and his teammates by throwing equipment and cursing loudly because of a bad call or a good call. He or she is out. PERIOD.... Thats whats wrong with society. We don't care we want little Johnny to have experiences that are grand and wonderful. Full of non consequences for our actions. When I was young my neighbor told my dad that I was cussing. My dad said, thank you sir I will take care of this and he did. My butt was sore for days. But recently my wife told a neighbor that their son was throwing rocks at a car. The parent told her to mind her own F..king business. As a society we are sad. I used to hear kids are resilient but no the are more relentless. IMHO Coach did nothing wrong. The rules are clear. The wrong was the parents acting the way they did and nothing done about how the young man acted.
  5. Praying for you Alex. I hope all is well with the surgery and the recovery.
  6. I am a part of that coaching staff. Yeah I think we are going to be better than the last 2 years. I have watched the film, I have seen kids work harder than ever, I have seen coaches try new ideas and them work. Just remember, What comes around goes around. We will miss Durham. Great kid, good player and a leader on and off the field. Your right we will miss him. I am confident in our replacement and think that Avery will lead us to quite a few victories .
  7. Who are the good players they are losing to NCC? none. I know all those kids. Not that good. Hell if CC wa s in 2A they would have won a state Title last year. I think they beat NCC. As far as a coach at NCC that would get fired for going 5-5. Bob Schneider would not have been there as long as he had. Very thin years muddled in between some of the good ones. Let it go buddy. CCHS is going to do just fine. I have talked to coaches and administrators and they are more excited about this year than they were about the last 2. I have coached football for a long time. What I see a CC is a simply amazing a complete philosophy change. It was needed. Now back off and let them be successful in what they defind is successful. Not what you claim as successful. The hill has this arrogance that just continues to get people in trouble. Why I don't know. Go Camels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. I heard they were going to put a stop to that this year. Something about open container laws on public property. A tradition worth saving?
  9. Shemar is kind and polite but a beast on the court and field. He is legitimate. He moved here last year right after football started. He was living in a not so good area and his mom saw that he needed to move or become a statistic. He is now living with family in CC. He is loving the country life and enjoying the people he goes to school with.
  10. I have heard that Wilson is too green. That Wood will fill that role this year and Wilson will take over the following year.
  11. I think CC has as good a chance as any. Yes they graduated 18 but only 4 offensive and 4 defensive players that contributed on a consistent basis. Durham is a big hole to fill but they have a QB that is going to help them out in Avery Wood. They graduated their left tackle, but they have a new fella that moved to the area from Cincinnati that is 6'5" and 285 lbs of pure muscle. Big Mar moves mountains. I think until they get beat they are the team to beat.
  12. Johnson is a good player. I hope he understands that in tough times good athletes and people get tough. I know his family has ties to Coach Lickert at Campbell Co. He coached at Holmes before coming to CC. On a side note. Coach Nevels is a stand up dude. He works hard to get kids prepared for the game but more importantly prepared for life. I hope this kid knows what he is doing.
  13. I am all for cheering when your team does well. Just stay off the team your team is beating. Thats bush league and it happened a couple of places this year.
  14. Campbell Co. Chose no to bring their freshman down from JV and it hurt them. Highlands did and they played most if not all the game. If CC had done that it might of made a difference. Highlands scored 8 runs in 2 innings. After that CC shut them down. But too much to early. Cant spot anyone 8 and expect to win. P.S. Most obnoxious fans we saw all year. Its ok to cheer your team on, but making fun of the other player is childish. Just saying.........
  15. My son is very good Friends with Matt and he is playing AAU, Baseball and working on his throwing for football. Very talented young man at 6' 6 3/4". and 230lbs. Avery is going to be fine. He came in the game against SK last year and played 1 down at QB Touchdown in the back corner. Avery is a much better QB / thrower than Durham. He is not going to be asked to run the ball like Durham. Just not going to work. CC should win district again. Something that has never happened before at CC. 3 time District champs in a row. No one gave us chance 2 years ago. No one again last year. Talking to Lickert he is just fine with kids playing their Spring Sports. He believes kids should be kids and play whatever sport they want as long as they are staying active.
  16. Thats the rumor. Avery has played QB in the past with much success and will allow them to develop Wilson for the following year. win win. With the line they have it will be good.
  17. I was told by the Athletic Director, that they will play the game live, local advertisements and past game highlights. but the KHSAA has a rule that they can not do same day game replay. If anyone knows if this is true let me know. I thought I had seen at another venue the home team did instant replay on a couple of plays. I could be wrong.
  18. It looks great. It is big and bold the Jumbotron is a nice touch. Advertisers will be lining up to advertise on the big TV.
  19. Best St. Henry Cov Cath Dixie SK CCHS Worst Cooper - Terrible outfield I think they let goats out on it at night. So rough. our players were complaining how many divets there were everywhere. Holmes Highlands. Boone County
  20. I agree with you. Its about being competitive and keeping the team spirit. I know the 2 they cut and yes they should have been cut. Maybe they should have played with 12 instead of including the 3 8th graders to make it 15. But all 3 8th graders are getting significant minutes. We have 2 freshman playing JV and 1 heading to Varsity soon. I think What the coaches did was right. He has to win to work. Chemistry is another aspect. Together this freshman team gets along great. And I think this more than anything is why they are winning.
  21. Why is that a shame? There were a couple of 9th graders that were not very good. They were cut and they kept 3 8th graders that are good enough to play up. It just happens.
  22. The outfield has been solid, Wagner, Bingham, Crowder, Comer and Shultz has played extensive time in the outfield. The infield has played well Schultz, Walsh, Hartig and Wilson have been a nice complement to one another in the infield. Pitching has been good, Wilson, Wagner, Walsh, Lemons,Thomas and Franzen (Cory) have done pretty well. At the plate the big bats are Wilson, Bingham and Schultz. But Walsh, Crowder, Franzen(Alex), Comer and Franzen(Cory) seem to get on base. Nice team effort so far.
  23. Another good outing for the Camel Freshman. They are playing well early. Keep it up young men.
  24. The official score was 21-12. The score on the board was incorrect. The coaches met before the game with the umpire and agreed to the 5 innings.
  25. It was the starter Cameron Edwards. Great ball player. Just threw it down the middle.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.