Everything posted by green2006
-
JV and Frosh Tournament
Freshman Emma Laker from Brossart made All-tournament team.
-
NKY Girls Basketball Top 10 -- Week 7
I believe Brossart's opponent was changed to St. Ursula (Toledo) I do believe.
-
Dayton vs Newport Central Catholic updates
What quarter?
-
Bishop Brossart 80 Beechwood 55
Absolutely entertaining game from Brossart's perspective. One of the most complete team efforts you can put together. The "condensation" issue was overblown. I understand the concern for player safety and the pause for discussion on the issue was ok. Earlier in the game, there was some water spilled by Beechwood's water jug and players had been walking through it which resulted in a few slips. Secondly, several players, including some that sweat way more than others had fallen to the ground and I do not think it was wiped up well enough by the referees. They paused the game and had a discussion. They made the right decision to play on. The Freshman boys team from Brossart stood on both ends of the floor being sure to wipe up anything they saw. We played the entire 4th quarter with no slips or issues. Hope Brossart can carry this momentum as they play Holy Cross, Ludlow, and Paris this week looking to get that winning % above .500
-
Newport 58 Bishop Brossart 42
As a former player, I never seemed to shoot well in Newport's gym. Not sure why, just happened. Brossart seemed to struggle shooting. That won't be the case all year. Certainly not taking away anything from Newport. Give credit to their defense for contesting most of Brossart's looks and winning on the boards. Coach Code's teams always improve throughout the year. I would expect nothing different this year. It is always nice to have a chance within 24 hours to improve. They will get their chance tonight against Harrison, albeit on the road yet again.
-
Bishop Brossart 54 Henry Clay 51
Good win for the Stangs and an exciting opener. Good to hear Mustang call the game on the broadcast.
-
Bishop Brossart 59 Lloyd Memorial 52
Former Brossart Girls JV coach, Jeff Schaefer, is now the Freshman Girls Coach at HHS
-
Bishop Brossart 59 Lloyd Memorial 52
Final per the Bmustangs.com broadcast. Congrats to Coach Kevin Bundy on his first varsity victory as Head Coach!
-
Holmes 68 Highlands 61
Any stats?
-
Time for a Shot Clock in HS Basketball.....
On the issue of funding, what about all of the very small school that would not be required to fund and install shot clock and shot clock personnel... It all adds up. I just do not see how small high school could foot the bill.
-
Holmes vs. Covington Catholic 35th District Final Updates
Thank you
-
Holmes vs. Covington Catholic 35th District Final Updates
Time?
-
Holmes vs. Covington Catholic 35th District Final Updates
Any more updates?
-
Junior, Sarah Futscher, joins 1,000 point club for Bishop Brossart
Congrats to Sarah! The best thing about this accomplishment is knowing she will be playing for Brossart another year! Good look in Districts/Region!
-
What would NCC and Brossart being in the same region do to their rivalry?
They may dislike each other on the court/field/etc. but away from that the families and kids get along. I am speaking from experience! I have been a part of this rivalry my whole life. In fact, I married someone who graduated from the opposite school! Yes, there is tension at times between the schools when it comes to sports but that is why it is called a rivalry! I still say for the most part the two sides get along very well.
-
Montgomery Co. @ Bishop Brossart (2/11)
Possibly. But i think this is a bigger game for Brossart. It will really help them gauge where they stand in the region. Kind of a bad time to be playing each other though. This could be a game where you learn where you need to improve. After this game, there won't be much time left to figure everything out. I know most coaches understand their teams by now. but playing top opponents really shows your weaknesses. All of that being said. My hope is that Brossart plays a little better than they have lately so they can see if they really can compete for a regional championship.
-
Fans need to be fans!
I know it has been said already, but you know there are some issues out there when players are asking coaches, athletic directors, and fans to ask their parent to "shut up and sit down". It is embarrassing to have a parent act that way. Even if there was a bad call, verbally abusing an official accomplishes what? Nothing. I understand parents are looking out for their kids and I get the energy surrounding basketball can excite people but there has to be some self-control, right?
-
Bardstown, Knott Co Central, Russell, and Others Out of 2014 "A"
Bishop Brossart enrollment is around 360
-
Cooper 65 Covington Catholic 49
Cooper's a tough game no matter who they are playing
-
Campbell County 67 Simon Kenton 61 OT
I got this one wrong. Predicted SK by 3. Nice win for the Camels on the road. Camels playing so much better it seems
-
Bishop Brossart/Augusta predictions 2/5
Augusta rescheduled Montgomery I believe and it gives them four or five games in a row. Also, their freshman are in their tournament tonight
-
Bishop Brossart/Augusta predictions 2/5
Just received word that this game will not be played tonight.
-
Scott @ Montgomery Co. Predictions 2/5
Scott has been playing better, but traveling to Montgomery may be to hard for them. I will say it stays close, though. 68-62
-
Newport Central Catholic/Holmes (Fri. 2-8) Predictions
Holmes wins very close. 57-56
-
Campbell County/Simon Kenton predictions 2/5
SK by 3. 56-53. Sampson and Barnes get hot at home. Campbell has been playing better but SK "rebounds" after their loss to Cooper.