Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Old_Bulldog

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Old_Bulldog

  1. Really, he's been at St. Henry for 23 years, it seems. Jk
  2. Boone. Right?
  3. So there will be a new regional champ as compared to the last 3 years. Who won in 2010?
  4. Will he be eligible to pitch? How many innings did he go and do the same rules apply (7 innings = 3 days rest)?
  5. It's just a shame this district is so tough, year in and year out. Hey, this allows the winning team a championship that they can really hang their hat on. It's much more impressive than really any other local district championship (unless of course one of the "underdogs" were to win).
  6. There have been several posts on this subject and again, it goes back to the whole purpose of an extra-curricular team! IMO, if a senior wants to play JV, he should be allowed! As an example, when my son was a junior, there were 14 or 15 seniors on his team. Needless to say, that since his coach did not allow juniors on JV, a lot of the juniors vanquished on the bench. The following year, 2 of the 5 seniors were unceremoniously shown the door in favor of 2 sophomores, that were able to play full-time the previous year. In my opinion, had the 2 seniors been able to play JV the year prior, they would have had more than a fighting chance to get the nod over the younger players.
  7. I know of a few schools that do not allow Juniors to play JV.
  8. I would think you can count on the 3rd being the deepest pretty much every year. All four are either 5 A or 6 A schools, right? I'm pretty sure all of the other local districts have at least 1 1A and 1 2 A school.
  9. I will give you Cooper. I'm not saying that Ludlow and Bellevue aren't teams on the way up and aren't more competitive but I believe most of their success is related to their respective schedules. The teams that I believe are surprises, would be Conner & Boone County. I don't remember either being picked as a preseason top 5 team in NKY and I believe both could make a very strong case that they are.
  10. If Dixie were to play 3 games in the regional, anyone have a stab at the three starters? I would think King in game one but what about potential games 2 & 3?
  11. I think in the end, this week helps Dixie. When you rattle off what 15 or so straight, it's easy to lose a little focus. Hopefully, 2 straight losses will help them refocus going forward. This is not meant to take anything away from Beechwood or Cooper. Both are great teams. I'm just glad Dixie didn't roll into the regional riding basically a season-long winning streak.
  12. Maybe Max needs to pull a Pitino '96 or Calapari '12 and throw the District Championship, to remind the boys what losing feels like before moving to the 1 and out tourneys!:ylsuper:
  13. I also understand that he recently had a 2 HR, 7 RBI game recently as well. Can anyone confirm that?
  14. Props to Nick who was one of my dark-horse candidates for pre-season player of the year!:thumb:
  15. I know that this is way too early but can someone explain to me how the draw works for the 9th region tourney. I know that district champs get the higher seeds in the first round and get home team advantage (even though noone has yet to give me a good reason why Ryle was the home team against Dixie in the 9th final last year :deadhorse:). How is it decided what districts play where? Blind draw? I would guess that the Champs from one district play the runner-ups from another and vise versa (last year Dixie played NCC and St. Henry played Highlands in round 1), true? I think the Boone County district is the deepest again this year but without the clear favorite they had last year. The "Covington" district with Beechwood and Cov Cath have 2 teams that could clearly challenge for the title. The ?34th? has the favorite this point in Dixie. However, this is baseball and in a 1 game scenario, you can't count out Highlands or (is it Bellevue or NCC at this point). Thoughts? :popcorn:
  16. Dixie accomplishes the regular season sweep. Does anyone have pitching details?
  17. Just to get this straight: I don't agree with you but have no valid argument to your point = you're being childish. Got it!
  18. I for one am not trying to diminish anything. I was rooting for Beechwood to win the tournament and congratulate them on a great and well-deserved accomplishment. I'm just saying it wasn't a state championship (under the current setup). It's not being childish. It's merely stating fact.
  19. Woa Nelly, that would be like the winner of the Doc Morris tourney getting National Championship rings, since there were teams from multiple states. Again, congrats on a great tourney but there is only 1 state champ in baseball!
  20. Does anyone know where everyone stands in the district to this point? I'm guessing that this was a seed game.
  21. I'll be rooting for Beechwood to win the whole tournament (as long as they don't try to claim it as a state championship like another local team)! :ohbrother:
  22. Returners: Mitch Anderson, Adam Daria*, Henry Kerns, Nick King, Nick Niehaus, Griffin Smallwood*, Matt Wehrle (* pitched sparingly last year). Somebody else will need to fill in the new guys.
  23. I don't see how anyone could have a deeper staff than Dixie. Lost one pitcher from last year's deep staff and added about a half dozen.
  24. Glad to hear Hank was back in play. It scared me a few weeks back when I heard he was out injured.
  25. Pretty sure he meant region. Let it go.:dancingpa

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.