Everything posted by Old_Bulldog
-
Ryle 4 Dixie Heights 0 (9th Region Championship)
Boo, that would make sense if both were district winners but I think in this case Dixie should have been home team. If Dixie was the home team, they would have scored 5 in the bottom of the seventh for another walk off!!:walk::ylsuper: jk Congrats Raiders!!
-
Ryle 4 Dixie Heights 0 (9th Region Championship)
Ryle lost their District Championship. I couldn't think of any reason why Dixie wouldn't have been the home team.
-
Ryle 4 Dixie Heights 0 (9th Region Championship)
Can anyone tell me why Ryle was the home team?
-
Ryle 8 St. Henry 0 (9th Region Tournament)
Good to see Tyler Mason in the lineup.
-
Dixie Heights 6 Beechwood 2 (9th Region Tournament)
That's why I am not a fan of the "swinging steel". The kid gets it in his head that he is indirectly trying to protect the runner and it seems more often than not, they end up leaning too much and get the interference call.
-
Ryle vs Dixie (9th region championship) predictions?
Win or lose tonight, you got to hand it to the Dixie players. They have come quite a ways since getting run-ruled by Conner & Ryle and starting the season @ 0-3!:ylsuper:
-
Dixie Heights 6 Beechwood 2 (9th Region Tournament)
Please paNDA, pictures?
-
Dixie Heights 6 Beechwood 2 (9th Region Tournament)
Again, this is a TEAM! I thought for sure they would walk Caple in the 7th. When they didn't, I really liked our chances to win! He blisters a ball into right-center. Elkus shows complete discipline too lay off of a high 3-2 pitch. What can I say about the shot that G$ hit! First home run in school ball came at a pretty opportune time! But again, none of this happens of Nick Niehaus doesn't grind out the last 4 innings, not giving up a run to the potent Beechwood offense!
-
Dixie Heights 6 Beechwood 2 (9th Region Tournament)
No big deal. The choice of words to describe students acting like teenagers was regrettable but own up to it; It is a shame that character was tarnished when I over heard a Dixie parent refer to the Beechwood kids as "tools". Today I am embarrassed to know I graduated from Dixie. So your hearing must be pretty darn good if you heard the comment, not being there. I was not directed toward the players. Now back to the game!
-
Dixie Heights 6 Beechwood 2 (9th Region Tournament)
Actually, Ma'am... I am married to the woman that spoke those words. It wasn't at all intentional. nor by any means did she mean that. It was a poor choice of words and she is eternally grateful that you corrected her at the game. We know many of these boys and are good friends with the families. None of which are tools- but thanks again for making it a big deal
-
Dixie Heights 2 Newport Central Catholic 1 (9th Region Tourney)
The funny thing is that Tanner had more Varsity experience than Dixie's three combined coming into the year!
-
Dixie Heights 2 Newport Central Catholic 1 (9th Region Tourney)
No Clyde, it was'nt taken as a slight at all. I (probably unfairly) used your post to convey my feeling that Dixie seems to be the Rodney Dangerfield of the 9th.
-
Dixie Heights 2 Newport Central Catholic 1 (9th Region Tourney)
I would really love if some of the kids at Dixie got as much press as some of the other local teams. Dixie has some solid players that you never see mentioned on any of the BGP's Top 10 Lists (pitchers, hitters, position players, etc.). I believe this will definitly change next year for kids like Caple, Kearns & King among others. However, I would like to give a shout out to seniors Garrett Combs, Casey Cox and Eric Elkus! Is there any team in the region with fewer seniors?
-
Dixie Heights 2 Newport Central Catholic 1 (9th Region Tourney)
Garrett Combs collects the complete game win for his seventh win in a row (4 complete).
-
9th region predictions
They beat Boone & Highland's (pretty sure) aces and Heppler (Ace?) for CCH. Not sure who Beechwood pitched against them (wasn't at that one) but main reason for that loss was the 42 errors by Dixie :ohbrother: If Dixie can limit the miscues, they have just as good a chance as any other team in the field.
-
9th region predictions
I say Ryle still has to be the slight favorite. With the lack of dominant pitching in the region, they have the most hitters.
-
Highlands 3 Newport Central Catholic 0
Same injury as Griffin Leslie of Dixie last year.
-
Dixie Heights 5 St. Henry 3
Dixie Heights is your 34th District Champions! Henry Kearns pitches shutout baseball over the final 4 innings to record the complete game win and earn the tourney MVP!
-
Ryle 12 Cooper 8
Last year an ump told Caple from Dixie (who definitly makes no effort to avoid the inside pitch) to take a right turn into the dugout, as he started to trot to first. While I personally think a kid should make some effort to get out of the way (my son pitches ), there was no way he leaned all the way into the strike zone. I think this type of lean would be pretty blatent.
-
Dixie 7 Ludlow 3
It wasn't Thonberg or Thornberry pitching for Ludlow. It was Camarena, sorry.
-
Dixie 7 Ludlow 3
Mitch Anderson runs his record to 6-0. Niehaus pitches the last 2. Dixie overcomes some sloppy play, digging themselves a 3 run hole after 2. Thornberg from Ludlow but miscues doom them in the end.
-
Covington Catholic 10 Covington Holmes 0
Was 1983 Holmes' last district championship?
-
9th region predictions
Elite programs? Who in this area qualifies as elite? As for the "super talanted sophs", only 3 have been regular starters and they definitely don't seem like that kind of kid. I would suggest you talk to the coaches about your concerns. It helps (sometimes). Just don't label a team of good kids out of frustration on your part.
-
9th region predictions
Again, every team has some disconnect between the classes. There may be slightly more at Dixie based on events from last year but I do not believe it to be a major issue. I am guessing the "yellers and screamers" comment is directed toward the JV coach (from other BGP posts that I have read)? As for coaching, I think if you can find anyone who is 100% happy with their son's coach, they would be in the very small minority. I do think Dixie would benefit from some policy changes (juniors playing JV would be the big one), off-season workouts, etc. but what team wouldn't. I think that this is one of the main reasons Ryle has risen to the top of the region this year (Off-season/summer team). My big issue with your post is "Team is filled with some egos and look at me superstar attitudes and not a very cohesive unit". I do not think that this statement could be any further from the truth.
-
9th region predictions
Really? Based on what? I know it was an issue a couple of the players last year but this team is pretty solid. There is always going to be a little underclassmen/upperclassmen disconnect and kids who think they should be playing over others. However, I haven't seen anyone come off as "look at me". Actually, I would say that of the teams that are likely to make the region, Dixie's players have received the least amount of press, as individuals.