Everything posted by Old_Bulldog
-
Dixie Heights 5 Boone County 3
Dixie rallies with 3 in the top of 7 for the win. Nick King was clutch at the dish!
-
Pleasure Ridge Park 11 Covington Catholic 0 (6 innings)
PRP is solid. Best defensive team I have seen in high school.
-
Doc Morris
Dixie 7 NCC 3 on Thursday Dixie 9 Danville 4 today
-
Dixie Heights 4 Cooper 2
The thing that needs to be considered is what happens if so many kids decide to go on break that you cant field a team? I know it is unlikely but I'm sure the kids who stayed behind would not be happy forfeiting games, while their teammates are laying on the beach somewhere!
-
Dixie 4 Lewis County 2 (Doc Morris)
I wasn't sure about that one. I knew he started. I had to leave early and they were down when I left and I wasn't sure if a reliever may have picked up the win. Thanks.
-
Dixie 4 Lewis County 2 (Doc Morris)
Mitch Anderson pitches a complete game for (I believe) his first Varsity win!
-
Covington Catholic 5 St. Henry 2
Wow, while I would never (at least have never) personally drink on school property, during a school event but I think we are getting a little carried away calling folks pathetic. Especially, if someone were to say, have a beer or two at the Bellevue Vets, ugh...really? If I want to have a beer or 2 with another dad (or mom) or 2 during one of my son's summer games and practice a little discresion, whay should anyone else have an issue with it?
-
Dixie Heights 4 Cooper 2
That's not too harsh. I know at Dixie, if you go on Spring Break, you get the boot (supposedly, with the exception of Freshmen, who may not know better)!
-
Covington Catholic 5 St. Henry 2
Where was the game played?
-
Dixie Heights 7 Newport Central Catholic 3
Dixie hangs 7 on NCC in the 5th on 4 straight walks followed by some solid hitting. Niehaus gets his second straight complete game win.
-
Licking Heights 65 Harvest Prep 0 (Ohio Game)
I don't think any player should be asked to make outs intentionally. I do like the no walk stratagy. Can you decline a base on a hit batter as well? I just don't think it is a kid's job to give outs to the defense. If the coaches agree to stop the game, then so be it.
-
Dixie Heights 4 Cooper 2
I wasn't sure about the first three, I know the final run was due to several pitches to the backstop. It all evens out I guess, Dixie must have hit at least 4-5 bullets, right at fielders, in the first few innings.
-
Dixie Heights 4 Cooper 2
Can anyone tell me the pitchers for Cooper?
-
Top "Crafty" NKY Pitchers
One thing lost in the nonsense of the Ryle-Conner game was the pitching performance of Mitch See. Everybody falls in love with the flame throwers but I think Mitch throws a touch faster than me. What he has in spades is smarts and the ability to hit his spots. What are some names of some other local pitchers who may not hit 80 on the gun but can get it done?
-
Dixie Heights 4 Cooper 2
Henry Kearns pitches 6 strong innings to get the win for Dixie.
-
Who are the Top 5 Pitchers thus far in the 9 Region?
1) My Son 2) That kid from SH that throws 95 3) That Lefty 4) The tall skinny kid 5) Dunn :laugh:
-
Dixie Heights 7 Jeffersontown 2
Saturday game @ PRP. Nice bounce back by the Colonels, to take the first game of the Saturday double-header. Complete game (zero earned) for Garrett Combs.
-
Cov Cath vs. HHS predictions
Coc Cath plus 5
-
Dixie Heights 2 Campbell County 0
Thanks, forgot about the WV team. Could very easily have been 9-2! I am told that they should have won @ Southern and one break hereor there and they win v Cov Cath and Grant. Oh well, shoulda, coulda, woulda.
-
Dixie Heights 2 Campbell County 0
Nick Niehaus pitches a complete game shutout to get Dixie back to .500 (5-5).
-
Nicest fields in NKY
This can't be possible. I payed $5 to watch a game @ Meinken (Holy Cross) and Dixie was only $3 :lol2:
-
Campbell County 5 Ryle 4 (Frosh)
Maybe I'm being a bit nieve but this attitude seems so misplaced when it comes to high school sports. I would file it right along with the practice (rumured) of coaches recruiting players from other schools to transfer to their school strictly for sports and with parents who hold their kids back strictly so they can excel against younger competition.
-
Who's the Best Hitter in the 9th region so far
Is this right? How can his OB% be lower than his avg?
-
Campbell County 5 Ryle 4 (Frosh)
I could not agree more! I think many coaches lose sight of the whole reason for any "extra-curricular" activity, to enhance and inrich the experience the experience of "their" student body. I like to win as much as anybody, more than most but cutting students in favor of non-students is simply wrong. No if ands or buts!
-
Covington Catholic 7 Dixie Heights 6
Tough loss for Dixie. Can't wait to see what they can do with their best team on the field.