Everything posted by Old_Bulldog
-
Holmes 62 Covington Catholic 60
Way to go Bulldogs!
-
Ryle 2013?
After talking to Hide, I got worried about some of my favorite Raiders
-
Ryle 2013?
What about Drew Crane?
-
Ryle 2013?
What about See & Sander?
-
So how are NKY area tryouts going so far?
I know Dixie uses the football field this time of year. Last year they even had a couple of scrimmages against other schools on it.
-
What does the Highlands Bluebirds baseball team look like for 2013?
As far as being allowed to play, I'm sure that's a coaching decision as well as scheduling issue. From my experience almost all select teams would be on par with any local freshman team, with quite a few select teams being far superior. Especially those in the National division.
-
What does the Highlands Bluebirds baseball team look like for 2013?
Touchy touchy, it was a joke. Just sayin!
-
What does the Highlands Bluebirds baseball team look like for 2013?
Man, where does Highlands get all of these student/athletes... --> They recruit them like they always have! :lol:
-
33rd District
I am not saying that it is a huge factor but given that all 4 teams in the district are so close from a talent prospective, I think the familiarity/trust whatever you want to call it, give them a slight edge.
-
What does the Highlands Bluebirds baseball team look like for 2013?
I am not singling out anyone but I know it is the policy of at least a couple Boone & Kenton Co. coaches and I would suspect many others. I understand the philosophy, "if your not good enough to play Varsity by your junior year than (fill in the blank)" However, when you are coaching, especially at a large school, and have a lot of seniors, what is better for the program in the long run?
-
33rd District
I will give an edge to Ryle. The majority of their senior class has been playing together, school, summer and fall ball for quite some time.
-
What does the Highlands Bluebirds baseball team look like for 2013?
I have a similar pet peeve. The policy of not allowing Juniors to play JV makes absolutely no sense. Especially, if you happen to have a large senior class. I believe a lot of schools in the area use this policy. Does it really make sense for Juniors to sit the wood all year when they could be starting on JV? Instead JV is full of freshmen and the freshmen team is full of 8th graders! I say let Juniors who are not ready to play Varsity, play JV, let the freshmen play freshmen and let the 8th graders play summer ball. After all, as a coach, if you have a junior who isn't good enough to warrant much playing time on varsity, wouldn't actually playing in JV games be better for his development than riding the pine all year?
-
Nicest fields in NKY
I remember back in the day when Holmes' football team used Meinken for a practice field. After that ~30% of the hard ground balls through the infield turned into home runs or bloodied outfielders!
-
Signing of NKy Players
If this is the case, I would guarantee it is graduate early and not drop out.
-
Signing of NKy Players
Has anyone heard any news regarding Northern Kentucky players signing to play college ball?
-
Who will be the coach at St. Henry- and how do they stack up in there district
Unfortunately, Dixie only returns 2 players who saw substantial playing time and niether really pitches. Therefore, not sure I would tab them as the favorite.
-
Birdmans early pre season top 10 9th region
A weak Dixie team? Isn't that the Dixie team that 10 runned the Birds a week before the tourney? Their only problem was that they got so pumped up over beating the Lil-Colenels, that they could have handed that next game to anyone. Speaking of the Birds, I know that they have a lot of returners but going from outside of the top 10 to #2? Just Sayin.