Everything posted by Old_Bulldog
-
Dixie Heights 5 Bourbon County 4
Garrett Combs throws 4, 1er baseball to pick up the win and move to 5-1. Freshman Smallwood throws 2 scoreless innings and Kutichka comes in to close out the 7th.
-
9th region predictions
Boo, Hiss. I wouldn't be too confident about that. This is baseball and anything can happen in a one and out scenario. Lest you forget last year that the worst team to make the tourney made it to within one game of winning it.
-
9th region predictions
I would say that the only 2 of these that are even in doubt would be Conner, St. Henry & Beechwood.
-
Most annoying thing you saw this season?
Sitting directly behind home plate and heckling any opposing players coming to the plate was the most annoying. What ever happened to going to a game and cheering for your team? I can tolerate an occasional boo or whatever but it seems like the whole idea of "trash talking" has beaten any notion of etiquite and sportmanship to a pulp!
-
Ryle vs. Conner (JV) Predictions
This is the game that decides who gets to be steamrolled by Beechwood in the final right?........lk :lol2:
-
Most annoying thing you saw this season?
I wasn't referring to the NCC game, I was talking about the Dixie game. They greatly outnumbered Dixie students as well, which again should be commended. Love the fact that so many students came out to support their team but if they cannot control themselves, I would prefer they stay home. Again, this is not football or futbal.
-
Most annoying thing you saw this season?
It wasn't this year but the Highlands fans from last year's regional tourney were way beyond obnoxious! I salute them for the # of students that came out to support their team but they need to be reminded that this is a baseball game, not a European soccer match!
-
35th District 3-Way Tie-Breaker
Hmmm....Let's see a blind draw @ CCH, that CCH wins and the win is reported by CCH faithful 1 minute after the draw supposedly takes place.....did anyone check the other names left in said hat? just kidding :sssh:
-
Dixie Heights 12 Pendleton County 1
Mitch Anderson stays perfect at 5-0 with the win at PC.
-
Dixie 11 Covington Catholic 10
The bullpen melt-down from the Boone Co game the night before, still fresh in the memory, may also have had something to do with the desicion. You can probably mark it up to a "damned if you do and damned if you don't" desicion. Luckily it worked out for the Red Colonels!
-
Dixie 11 Covington Catholic 10
I don't have the stats but I would say it was your average mix. Dixie hit the ball well but there were some walks and errors mixed in for good measure. Old guy?
-
Dixie 11 Covington Catholic 10
Nick Niehaus survives a shaky start and a shaky finish to record the complete game win. Not sure why you leave your starter in, with a guy ready in the bullpen and allow the home team to score 4 in the bottom of the 7th. Cov Cath had the tying run on second and the go ahead on first when SS Ethan Harrison make a nice leaping catch for the third out, on a hit that would have most certainly evened it up?:ohbrother: I guess it was another of those "teachable moments"
-
35th District 3-Way Tie-Breaker
I think St Henry should use Kuebbing against Lloyd and Lloyd should use Brown against them!
-
35th District 3-Way Tie-Breaker
Runs allowed gives it to Dixie (6 vs 9 & 9). I would think Lloyd would get the 2 seed, since they beat St Henry in the seed game but not sure.
-
2013 Freshmen 9th Region Tournament
I may be wrong and if this is the case, I do apologize. I just remember that there were a few bigger, older looking kids in non-matching unis, that I didn't remember from our earlier game. You can see where this may be perceived as bringing Varsity down. Again, if I am indeed wrong, I do apologize.
-
2013 Freshmen 9th Region Tournament
It was 2 years ago and these were not Freshman.
-
Who's your favorite to make it to State from the 9th region?
Combs...and yes.
-
Tates Creek 10 Conner 0 (5 innings)
Poor Oldtime...
-
Dixie Heights 4 Simon Kenton 2
Henry Kerns throws the third complete game by Dixie pitchers on the day to take home the Championship of the Coach Conner Classic. Chris Rudabush starts the game with a first pitch bomb off the left field foul pole!
-
Dixie Heights 1 Highlands 0
Garrett Combs throws his second consecutive complete game shutout to move to the championship of the Coach Conner Championship game. Kudos to the Highlands pitcher as well. He threw an excellent game as well. Combs stretched his scoreless inning streak to 20!
-
2013 Freshmen 9th Region Tournament
I agree with Oldtime. It is a "freshman" tourney. If Beechwood were to bring their studs to the tourney, what is the issue? They are after all freshman. I also agree about the practice of bringing varsity guys down to play in a JV tourney. I remember a couple of years ago when Dixie played Boone in the jv semis and a few (3?) of Boone's guys had different hats and a few of the less athletic looking kids in the dugout were missing jerseys, if you get my drift. Bush league!
-
Newport Central Catholic's Brandon Gray
I do not disagree with anything you say other than the 4 times part. Winning a 120 team tourney is only a couple more wins than a 32 team tourney. However, the fact remains that, someone else won the basketball title and more than likely, someone else will win the true baseball state championship.
-
Newport Central Catholic's Brandon Gray
Agree, not to take anything away from the accomplishment. It is impressive but so far they have ONE state championship.
-
Who's your favorite to make it to State from the 9th region?
I will give a nod to both Kuebbing and Petticourt on the St Henry win. Kuebbing did hold Dixie scoreless and if Maxwell had taken a lesson from St Henry and gotten the starter out quicker, they may not have scored 6 runs on 2-3 hits. As for the Lloyd game, 2 players do not a team make. This is why Dixie is (my opinion) and should be the best team in this district every year. They are a 6A in a district with 3 1A's and a 2A (I think). As for the very average pitcher, he does have wins over the 2 best players in the district and your #2 pitcher in the region.
-
Who's your favorite to make it to State from the 9th region?
I would have to disagree about Dixie being the third best team in the region. They beat Lloyd with their ace on the mound and gave the game away to St Henry. Other than their first 2 games of the year, Dixie has either won or had an opportunity to win in every game. That includes games against all the teams you list in your top 5 (lost to Ryle in 7th by 1, beat Conner, beat NCC, was beating Highlands when rain came, lost to Beechwood with ~63 errors in game). The big question for Dixie is if they can get a pitcher on the mound to throw strikes and limiting the errors behind him.