Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Old_Bulldog

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Old_Bulldog

  1. I would guess that All A is only more important this year since Holy Cross is down and there really isn't a 3rd team in the district that should threaten. My guess is that he sang a different tune last year.
  2. Sounds like Highlands really wanted this game bad, pitching 3 of their top pitchers in the same game!
  3. Did they decide to play softball or what?
  4. Unfortunately, I think Max needs to rethink his approach of not letting his pitchers bat. Taking guys like King & Kearns out of the lineup hurts. IMO it hurt them when Kearns pitched the regional final last year and his bat wasn't in the 2 spot. To compound that King was out for other reasons. Those are 2 solid hitters, that may have helped erase the goose egg in the run column.
  5. I remember Dixie getting 10 runned their first 2 games of the year last year! They figured it out!
  6. How is what I said a contradiction? Let me explain it for you in simple terms. No one should complain about the rankings, because they seemed pretty fair but one particular fan base seems to always think they should be ranked hither.
  7. I don't think you have to work too hard to discourage football players from wrestling. From what I can remember from way back when, they drop like flies once practice starts in earnest! :sssh:
  8. I believe my prediction of chirping has been proven correct!
  9. I think the thing is that all of these other underclassmen are signing/verballing to D1 schools and folks wonder about Forbes. It seems that very few seniors seem to get D1 offers. It seems that unless you are signed before the start of your senior season, most end up going to a lower division or NAIA. The only exception I remember seeing recently was Kramer from Scott, when he signed w/EKU after his senior season.
  10. Last year's team was good. The 2012 team was not very good. They just happened to win 2 games in the regional. They were probably the lowest ranked team to make the regional that year, who dare I say, got lucky. Again, I am not saying that they aren't going to be a good team this year but I think #5 is more than fair. All the teams above them were better last year and have just as much if not more returning, with the exception of Ryle. However, Ryle is an established team over the last few years, a 6A school and I believe the JV champs last year.
  11. I'm not saying that they aren't a good team but there's no way they belong above any of the teams ranked ahead of them. Why would they?
  12. They are 8th in the actual poll.
  13. I would put Highlands in the same boat as Cooper, in the respect that until you can prove it on the field, no reason to move you up in the rankings.
  14. I can't see where anyone could have a major beef with this. That being said, I can guess one fan base who may chirp a bit.
  15. Old_Bulldog replied to a post in a topic in KY Baseball (High School)
    My guess is that the only teams that they are guaranteed to see the number ones from would be Cov Cath and others in their district. I don't think other coaches will be that concerned with a game against Beechwood to shuffle their rotation. District seeding games are much more important to a coach , than a game against a perceived top team IMO.
  16. Old_Bulldog replied to a post in a topic in KY Baseball (High School)
    Has any 9th region team had 3, let alone 4 D1 players on their roster? Sounds like there may be quite a bit of pressure to win big. Not that it matters but how many of Beechwood's big guns live within the confines of the district?
  17. This news coupled with the fact that I know Lloyd lost a lot of Seniors from last year, is not good news for the 34th District. It may prove to be the down year that everyone predicted last year (that most definitely did not happen).
  18. I would think Beechwood would actually be the District favorite but that doesn't mean CovCath wouldn't challenge for the region.
  19. I'm just glad to see the record pass from a Dixie guy who was recruited away to a Dixie guy who stayed!
  20. I'll throw out another pitcher who gets even less props, Mitch Anderson. He may have been used against mainly lesser opponents last year but undefeated is undefeated (7-0, I think)! Dixie's rotation will indeed be loaded.
  21. Another member who never seems to get mentioned but is a workhorse on the mound, is Nick Niehaus. He pitched the complete game 2 -run game against Beechwood last year in the regional semis.
  22. Other than the foul ball HR he and Blue gave to Schriever last year @ Dixie :deadhorse::lol2:
  23. Again, my comment was not pointed toward Beechwood but that is exactly my point. Teenage boys aren't the most attentive to detail :lol2:
  24. This is not pointed at Beechwood in any way but I don't put much faith in team reported stats anyway. On several occasions last year I saw where teams reported a guy going 4-4, when there were 2 of either errors, walks or HBP's included!
  25. If Nick is healthy, I may give him the nod as Dixie's ace but one thing is for sure, they will have one of the deepest rotations in NKY. They only lose one pitcher from last year and add sophomore Smallwood, who had 2 no-hitters for the JV team last year!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.