Beechwood/Covcath predictions

Guest Mr. KnowItAll

Both teams are scoring runs in bunches so of course, the team with the better pitching will likely prevail. Having spoken to a couple of parents from kids on both squads, I give the pitching edge to Beechwood. Should be a good one. Tigers 8, Colonels 7 in a classic, although I wouldn't be surprised if CovCath won either. Mullins was quoted in today's morning paper saying he thought the all A state tourney (which begins this Thursday apparently) was more important than this district seeding game.

Both teams are scoring runs in bunches so of course, the team with the better pitching will likely prevail. Having spoken to a couple of parents from kids on both squads, I give the pitching edge to Beechwood. Should be a good one. Tigers 8, Colonels 7 in a classic, although I wouldn't be surprised if CovCath won either. Mullins was quoted in today's morning paper saying he thought the all A state tourney (which begins this Thursday apparently) was more important than this district seeding game.

I would guess that All A is only more important this year since Holy Cross is down and there really isn't a 3rd team in the district that should threaten. My guess is that he sang a different tune last year.

I would guess that All A is only more important this year since Holy Cross is down and there really isn't a 3rd team in the district that should threaten. My guess is that he sang a different tune last year.

At this juncture last year Beechwood was eliminated from the All "A" so there was no tune to be sung. This week, Beechwood has a shot of going to Lexington so I would imagine the team is pointing to the Brossart game. Not that the CCH game tonight is not important but there is a good chance that these two times will hook up again, maybe twice, when the All "A" will be long over with.

At this juncture last year Beechwood was eliminated from the All "A" so there was no tune to be sung. This week, Beechwood has a shot of going to Lexington so I would imagine the team is pointing to the Brossart game. Not that the CCH game tonight is not important but there is a good chance that these two times will hook up again, maybe twice, when the All "A" will be long over with.

......two teams.....sorry.

Both of these teams will be in regional. Considering Mullins quotes, no way he throws Suchanek. Combs threw Saturday and Stringer is the closer, so that leaves the Fieger kid as my guess. I will go with CC 5-3 in a good one.

Both of these teams will be in regional. Considering Mullins quotes, no way he throws Suchanek. Combs threw Saturday and Stringer is the closer, so that leaves the Fieger kid as my guess. I will go with CC 5-3 in a good one.

Who else pitches for Beechwood? I tend to believe they won't even throw Fieger. This game really is meaningless - both teams are going to the regional no matter what happens in this seed game. With the Tigers focused on the All A, I can see them holding back any pitcher they might use against Brossart on Thursday.

Who else pitches for Beechwood? I tend to believe they won't even throw Fieger. This game really is meaningless - both teams are going to the regional no matter what happens in this seed game. With the Tigers focused on the All A, I can see them holding back any pitcher they might use against Brossart on Thursday.

Dont really know who else. Certainly not unprecedented for him to throw off. Did so vs LaSalle and Conner as well, with the later being right before an All A game. Not sure how that tourney works, but a state tourney in mid season seems to wreak havoc on rotations.

Also just snuck a peek at BW sked. This weekend features games vs CAL and Tates Creek, and a third vs a team Ive never heard of. Very well could throw the towel in on this one tonight.

Sorry, but if Tates creek is more important than a district seeding game and they throw in the towel for this game I would fire the coach.

If a coach thinks like that they are assanine.

I think it will be a great game and could see CCH winning this even if BW threw their ace.