Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is in the running for NKY player of the year?

Featured Replies

1. It's Schreiver's to lose, needs to have a better year than last to be in the running

2. Jason Suchanek is the lead dog of the 3 headed dragon of Beechwood; pitching, fielding, hitting... no tool left wanting

3. Mason Forbes a crowd favorite; diving catches and power to all fields... needs the Raiders to make a run to be left standing

4. Trey Ganns has had big gains in velocity over the summer and batted 3rd for the Flames with power.

5. Hunter Dunn definitely has the arm talent and has power at the dish, has to put it altogether to have a chance.

 

How do you like the list and who else would you add?

  • Replies 68
  • Views 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did you only list seniors?

I would think Schreiver will have a chance. Add in the two juniors from BW. Forbes.

 

I'd say one of those 4.

Todd Ramey (HHS): Has the most power in NKy and almost always puts the ball in play

Zach Pangallo (NCC): Very good hitter for average and slick fielder at shortstop.

I would think Schreiver will have a chance. Add in the two juniors from BW. Forbes.

 

I'd say one of those 4.

 

They are only sophmores...:lol2:

  • Author

I think the award usually goes to an upperclassmen but the athletes mentioned are very talented and will definitelly have a say in the matter. Suchanek is the glue at Beechwood, if the numbers are close I think the honor goes to him.

They are only sophmores...:lol2:

 

I even thought about that when I typed it. Regardless, they're in the discussion.

I think the award usually goes to an upperclassmen but the athletes mentioned are very talented and will definitelly have a say in the matter. Suchanek is the glue at Beechwood, if the numbers are close I think the honor goes to him.

 

In the past grade was not a factor. Luke Maile won it 3 years in a row.

That is true Clyde, but I would say this crop is a little closer talent wise compared to when Maile played. He seemed to stand out well above his peers. JMO!

 

In the past grade was not a factor. Luke Maile won it 3 years in a row.

I think with Dylan Huff being healthy this year and not suffering any lingering football injuries as he did last year, he will put up some very good numbers. And before anybody complains about Bellevue being a small school.......check out there schedule. Absolutely brutal, but does prepare them to be competitive come end of season.

The only thing for me is that he has the better supporting cast compared to some of the others mentioned. I feel that does make a difference. If any of the others you mentioned step up and put on a show, then I would think the honor would go to one of them. Remember 3 BW guys in the mix could break up the voting. Other than that, add Pangallo to the list and that would be pretty solid start. JMO!

 

I think the award usually goes to an upperclassmen but the athletes mentioned are very talented and will definitelly have a say in the matter. Suchanek is the glue at Beechwood, if the numbers are close I think the honor goes to him.

Huff is a solid call. Coach Sanders doesn't shy away from anyone, that's for sure.

 

I think with Dylan Huff being healthy this year and not suffering any lingering football injuries as he did last year, he will put up some very good numbers. And before anybody complains about Bellevue being a small school.......check out there schedule. Absolutely brutal, but does prepare them to be competitive come end of season.
That is true Clyde, but I would say this crop is a little closer talent wise compared to when Maile played. He seemed to stand out well above his peers. JMO!

 

That's fine but it seems like there are most 2 seniors who are in the running with the two BW sophs. Of course, that's subject to change and the seniors listed are obviously talented but... I still think it's a 4-man race with the two sophs being 2 of the 4.

That is true Clyde, but I would say this crop is a little closer talent wise compared to when Maile played. He seemed to stand out well above his peers. JMO!

 

and Luke had to beat out a guy who was eventually picked in the 8th round of the MLB draft as well.

How about the kid from Connor?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.