Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is in the running for NKY player of the year?

Featured Replies

How about the kid from Connor?

 

Another good player.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

I think the lefties have the advantage, Combs is hurt by his home field but Boone, Conner, and Cov Cath all have short porches to right. Anyone on the radar from Campbell Co, St. Henry, Dixie, or Brossart?

I think the lefties have the advantage, Combs is hurt by his home field but Boone, Conner, and Cov Cath all have short porches to right. Anyone on the radar from Campbell Co, St. Henry, Dixie, or Brossart?

 

I would throw out Caple and Kearns from Dixie, with a dark horse of Nick King. Although I think King and Kearns will be hurt if they don't get to bat on days when they pitch.

I would throw out Caple and Kearns from Dixie, with a dark horse of Nick King. Although I think King and Kearns will be hurt if they don't get to bat on days when they pitch.

 

Caple was definitely one that came to mind when I saw this thread.

 

I believe Nick King has a better chance of being in the running than some may think. He has an extremely strong arm, some of the fastest hands as a hitter, and very good speed to play the OF and run the bases.

  • Author

I saw Caple at a PBR event, physically imposing for sure and a cannon to 2nd, needs consistency at the plate. King has a world of potential, suppose to be back to 90% after terrible reaction from having his wisdom teeth removed. That is great news. If I'm right Kearns is a very crafty pitcher(?) and should be Dixie's ace this year. Where does he play in the field?

I saw Caple at a PBR event, physically imposing for sure and a cannon to 2nd, needs consistency at the plate. King has a world of potential, suppose to be back to 90% after terrible reaction from having his wisdom teeth removed. That is great news. If I'm right Kearns is a very crafty pitcher(?) and should be Dixie's ace this year. Where does he play in the field?

 

I concur that King has a world of potential. I will not address the second part of your statement about him as that is a personal matter.

 

Henry Kerns will battle for the top spot in Dixie's rotation but I wouldn't appoint him the title of ace just yet. And he plays RF.

I concur that King has a world of potential. I will not address the second part of your statement about him as that is a personal matter.

 

Henry Kerns will battle for the top spot in Dixie's rotation but I wouldn't appoint him the title of ace just yet. And he plays RF.

 

If Nick is healthy, I may give him the nod as Dixie's ace but one thing is for sure, they will have one of the deepest rotations in NKY. They only lose one pitcher from last year and add sophomore Smallwood, who had 2 no-hitters for the JV team last year!

How about the kid from Connor?

 

Which kid from Conner?

Which kid from Conner?

 

Ross

Grant Wasson should have a great year for SK.

I would think Schreiver will have a chance. Add in the two juniors from BW. Forbes.

 

I'd say one of those 4.

 

How do you figure only those 4 will have a chance to win? As Big Cat said, the guys Dingerbird listed are all close in talent. Now if you take in fan votes and hype then the guys you listed will probably win.

How do you figure only those 4 will have a chance to win? As Big Cat said, the guys Dingerbird listed are all close in talent. Now if you take in fan votes and hype then the guys you listed will probably win.

 

Not sure he made a blanket statement. Simply stated his opinion,.

Not sure he made a blanket statement. Simply stated his opinion,.

 

IMO, others could possibly win if they have good years. Alot of talent in the area.

  • Author

Schriever, Ganns, Dunn and Suchanek signed D1, Forbes was the regional tourney MVP last year. Stringer's commitment gives these guys the preseason edge. Caple from Dixie, Verst from Brossart and Rogers from St. Henry have signed also along with Ross(D1) from Conner which gives them a leg up out of the gate, long season... its yet to be determined.

Top 10 players according to NkyHSbaseball (@NKYbaseball) ---whoever that is...

 

1. Grant Schreiver

2. Mason Forbers and Nate Verst

3A. Ethan Stringer

3B. Jason Suchanek

4. Braden Combs

5. Reed Sparta

6. Trey Ganns

7. Todd Ramey

8. Henry Kerns

9. Seth Caple

10. Zach Pangallo

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.