Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is in the running for NKY player of the year?

Featured Replies

I think Mason Forbes is due for a monster year and if his supporting cast can contribute he may be one to watch.

 

I think with the huge steps Hunter Dunn took last year from his sophomore year at the plate, if he can get some run support this year he may be the dark horse to sneak right in at the end of the season. I haven't seen anyone in the 9th with as good of stuff as he has on the mound when he is on. Should be a fun season. A lot of really good players in this area.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you figure only those 4 will have a chance to win? As Big Cat said, the guys Dingerbird listed are all close in talent. Now if you take in fan votes and hype then the guys you listed will probably win.

 

The question was who could win and not just who is really good. I think those 4, for a combination of reasons, are going to get serious consideration IF they have the year that many expect them to have. It's certainly not a light on any of the other players.

This is an interesting list after looking at the PBR information. Only 4 of the names listed on this list are in the top 20 of their classes in the state. Nothing against any of these kids, they are all very good players for sure. Makes me wonder if the PBR List is actually legit based off whoever @NKYbaseball is. :popcorn:

 

Top 10 players according to NkyHSbaseball (@NKYbaseball) ---whoever that is...

 

1. Grant Schreiver

2. Mason Forbers and Nate Verst

3A. Ethan Stringer

3B. Jason Suchanek

4. Braden Combs

5. Reed Sparta

6. Trey Ganns

7. Todd Ramey

8. Henry Kerns

9. Seth Caple

10. Zach Pangallo

None of these sites have access to all the stats for all players for all the High School teams in a region even. None of them take every player into consideration. They are all based on the limited info available to that person/persons at the time. Some are more limited then others. LOL

 

Still fun to speculate.

The Forbes kid has game for sure.

 

Actually shocked on Dunn considering were I've seen him ranked.

 

Oh well, guess we'll have to see how things shake out.

 

I think Mason Forbes is due for a monster year and if his supporting cast can contribute he may be one to watch.

 

 

 

I think with the huge steps Hunter Dunn took last year from his sophomore year at the plate, if he can get some run support this year he may be the dark horse to sneak right in at the end of the season. I haven't seen anyone in the 9th with as good of stuff as he has on the mound when he is on. Should be a fun season. A lot of really good players in this area.

Throw stats out the window! These guys are professional at what they do. They look at the basics and how a kid may project. These guys do show up at games and watch kids during the season. Not going to say they see every kid. If you look at someone like PBR or Perfect Game, all I say is they must be doing something right when you see where these kids are going. I would say they are pretty good evaluators. I don't look at this as speculation what-so-ever! JMO!

 

None of these sites have access to all the stats for all players for all the High School teams in a region even. None of them take every player into consideration. They are all based on the limited info available to that person/persons at the time. Some are more limited then others. LOL

 

Still fun to speculate.

A lot of very good kids on this list. I guess the funny thing is, is that it isn't even 10 kids. If you are going to put a top 10, make it 10 and not 12.

 

Top 10 players according to NkyHSbaseball (@NKYbaseball) ---whoever that is...

 

1. Grant Schreiver

2. Mason Forbers and Nate Verst

3A. Ethan Stringer

3B. Jason Suchanek

4. Braden Combs

5. Reed Sparta

6. Trey Ganns

7. Todd Ramey

8. Henry Kerns

9. Seth Caple

10. Zach Pangallo

Mason has always had the supporting cast. This might be the year that he will have more pressure on him. I truly hope that he does very well.

 

In regards to the other comment. The bar has been set very high for Dunn since he was a freshman and has the most to prove at the high school level. If he was to play like he does in the summer, he could make things very tough on the opponent. Supporting cast could will obviously play a role.

 

I think Mason Forbes is due for a monster year and if his supporting cast can contribute he may be one to watch.

 

I think with the huge steps Hunter Dunn took last year from his sophomore year at the plate, if he can get some run support this year he may be the dark horse to sneak right in at the end of the season. I haven't seen anyone in the 9th with as good of stuff as he has on the mound when he is on. Should be a fun season. A lot of really good players in this area.

Zach Pouncy very good talent @ Holmes, but nobody sees....team usally not very competitive. batted 429 last yr

Holmes will be better than usual, alot of Seniors Zach Pouncy, Austin Simpson, and Austin Gullett will lead the way......Simpson batted mid 300 last yr and Gullett coming off shoulder surgery will help.

I noticed NkyHS baseball has two pitchers ranked in the top preseason top ten. These are two very good pitchers but i would argue that Tristen Marcum(Simon Kenton) and Josh Bellew(Ryle) could have better seasons. that is if Simon Kenton players are considered Northern Kentucky players being their in the 8th region.

It amazes me that Holmes and Newport at not more competitive on the baseball field. Newport had to have 7th graders on the JV team and are not able to field a freshman team. Unbelievable.

edit.

Edited by nkuclubbaseball19
I'm an idiot and posted about the wrong team.

Holmes and Newport has a minimal athletic budget I think and basketball I believe eats into that budget along with football so the boys focus there. Just my opinion. Since region realignments Simon Kenton and Scott are not noticed as much. Simon Kenton more so than Scott, they have who I believe to be two players I feel should get more recognition than are. Tristen Marcum and Sean Lawrence are talented and will factor into Simon Kentons success.

Not sure I understand where the budget figures into this.They do have a team with equipment, fields etc. Just seems to be a lack of player interest. From schools of this size it amazes me. Both schools are full of talented athletic kids so I don't understand. Just seems to be a general lack of baseball interest and from inner city schools at that.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.