Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is in the running for NKY player of the year?

Featured Replies

Forbes, Stringer, Combs, Schreiver, Suchanek, Ganns, Caple, Spata, Dunn, and Ross will all be in the race. I think Zack Pangallo from NCC will be a someone to watch as well.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forbes, Stringer, Combs, Schreiver, Suchanek, Ganns, Caple, Spata, Dunn, and Ross will all be in the race. I think Zack Pangallo from NCC will be a someone to watch as well.

 

All those mentioned are great players and it will be interesting to see who comes out with the POY award (and it could be someone not on your list).

 

As for everyone else, it may be time to move the cost of summer ball conversation to another thread so we can get back to talking about NKY POY candidates. Just my two cents.

All those mentioned are great players and it will be interesting to see who comes out with the POY award (and it could be someone not on your list).

 

As for everyone else, it may be time to move the cost of summer ball conversation to another thread so we can get back to talking about NKY POY candidates. Just my two cents.

Agreed and good point. I was guilty of talking about summer ball so I apologize.

 

Now on the topic. I think we all agree on the front runners, just curious who some think may be some dark horses with a shot at POY. I think the 2 BW JRs could be there. Is also like to throw in a player that won't get mentioned but if he has a season like he did on the mound last year it could be in the conversation. Jake Lawhorn was great on the mound last year and has a great bat that will hit for avg and could be just the type of player to put Cooper over the hump

This year.

Ramey from HHS could be a dark horse. The few games I saw him last year he is a very good hitter and a solid fielder if he's on the field.

My senior darkhorse players would include, Daria and King (Dixie) Marcum, Wassom and Mundy (Simon Kenton) Huff (Bellevue) Rogers (St Henry) and Castleman (Scott).

Ramey from HHS could be a dark horse. The few games I saw him last year he is a very good hitter and a solid fielder if he's on the field.

 

Ramey has a ton of power and also hits for a high average. Like I said before he led the 18u Bluegrass team last year in hitting as a 15yr old..

My senior darkhorse players would include, Daria and King (Dixie) Marcum, Wassom and Mundy (Simon Kenton) Huff (Bellevue) Rogers (St Henry) and Castleman (Scott).

Some great players you listed. Daria can deffinatly be in the conversation by the end of the season. The kid can do it all, great glove in the field and a great bat at the plate.

The one thing that I look at is, what quality teams has Cooper beaten. They've been in some close games with some solid teams, but the only one that even comes as big win would be CCH. Not saying any of the Cooper pitchers don't have what it takes but this has yet to be proven. Who have some of these kids faced and beat to put them over the hump? Just wondering!

 

Agreed and good point. I was guilty of talking about summer ball so I apologize.

 

Now on the topic. I think we all agree on the front runners, just curious who some think may be some dark horses with a shot at POY. I think the 2 BW JRs could be there. Is also like to throw in a player that won't get mentioned but if he has a season like he did on the mound last year it could be in the conversation. Jake Lawhorn was great on the mound last year and has a great bat that will hit for avg and could be just the type of player to put Cooper over the hump

This year.

Ramey from HHS could be a dark horse. The few games I saw him last year he is a very good hitter and a solid fielder if he's on the field.

 

I saw him a few times last year also and I would say he is a Great Hitter but Average with the leather. If he can sure up the leather, then I think he could possibly be thrown in that mix.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.