Everything posted by Cuban Missile
-
Conner/Covington Holy Cross (Predictions)
I don't think you have any room to tell people to proofread or check their spelling or grammar. You need to take a look at your own posts first. I just seen ( should be saw) where Conner gave up almost 400 yards. Come on man. Take a look in the mirror before you start criticizing others.
-
Somerset 48 Southwestern 2
Great win for the Jumpers!
-
Who said it? "I don't see any way Conner beats Cooper."
Voice of Reason... and I don't agree with that statement for a second.
-
Boone County/#5 (5A) Conner Predictions August 24th
Conner has a few other skill position players that have the ability to make plays when their number is called. They may not all have the speed or capability to take the ball to the house at any time like Fogle does but McKean, Way, Loney and Creech are all solid ball players. Way missed both scrimmages with an ankle injury but will suit up tonight from what I have heard and Creech missed the Beechwood scrimmage. I think you will be impressed with their level of play tonight.
-
I love it, the "Conner Guy" is picking Boone to lose!
Quality thread...:clap::thumb::eyeonyou:
-
Cameron Fogle (Conner) on Hudl and You Tube
Great kid, great talent. I'm sure those offers will be on there way before long. I know the kid loves football, but he's also a heck of a baseball player and could easily play at the next level on the diamond as well.
-
Conner QB Receives Invitation to Elite 11
This issue you are discussing is completely irrelevant. Almost every high school roster adds an inch and at least five pounds to every player. I am shocked that an issue as petty as this would even make it into this thread. Besides its not like it matters if the kid is 6'3" or 6'4" because he already has six division one scholarship offers including one from a major SEC power in South Carolina. It is obvious that these college coaches have no problem with Barker's height and could care less about what he is listed at on his high school roster.
-
9th Region Draw
This is very true, however, last year's Conner team had senior leaders that were making their third regional appearance. This year's seniors don't have quite the experience or leadership. But like any team, put three solid games together and they may find themselves on top.
-
Conner 16 Boone County 3
Nope. I'd say Freese or Ross. Congrats to the Cougars for making it four consecutive Regional Tournament appearances. Hopefully they can pick up a District Tournament Championship along the way.
-
Boone County 11 Conner 10
Nice joke. :clap: We got a comedian here.. Maybe some of Conner's graduates have struggled with the spelling of the school's name over the past few years. But on the diamond, one thing they haven't struggled with is beating Ryle in the 33rd district tournament. :thumb:
-
Holy Cross 2 New Cath 0 9th Region All A Final
Indeed it is! Champion Window's contract expired before the Freedom's season last year, and apparently, a new sponsor still hasn't been found for the naming rights of the stadium :confused:
-
Conner 10 Cooper 7
Final from Hebron.. Don't have the details on this one. According to Conner's schedule, this was indeed a district seed game. That would leave Conner with a 1-1 record in the district, with a matchup left against Boone County scheduled for April 24th @ BC.
-
Cameron Fogle (Conner) on Hudl and You Tube
Noticed this exactly a few weeks ago.. Looks like he is definitely putting in the hard work. :thumb:
-
Top teams in NKY
If I remember correctly from the first coach's poll, they were right around 7 or 8 in NKY.. Probably around the same spot they will be at the start of this year (not that I agree with it, but that's just how things go).
-
Top teams in NKY
I definitely agree with the pitching part of this statement, Conner has a nice mix of righties and lefties with some experience. Definitely will help out. However, I'm not so sure of how their hitting is going to look with their returning players (especially the seniors, as juniors last year, they were not relied on offensively). Add in the new BBCOR's, and it may be time to go to the small ball a bit more. Arlo will figure out the team and have them ready to battle for the 33rd.
-
9th Region this year? Who wins it, which teams/players are to watch?
I agree, they had a very nice season. If I recall, they were ranked preseason number 7 or 8. Similar to their likely position this year. Not sure about their hitting they have coming back, but with some experienced pitching and potential from younger guys, they could make another run out of the 33rd.
-
9th Region this year? Who wins it, which teams/players are to watch?
Few picked CONNER.
-
What effect will BBCOR have on games this season?
It was pretty cool, but then he added the broken bat part to it, and then it got really cool. :popcorn:
-
What effect will BBCOR have on games this season?
That's really cool...
-
What effect will BBCOR have on games this season?
That's pretty cool...
-
CCH Bradley Way Commits
Congratulations to Bradley and his family. This kid has worked so hard to become the best player he can be. Best of luck to him as he continues his playing career for the Wofford Terriers.
-
9th Region this year? Who wins it, which teams/players are to watch?
Exactly!
-
Covington Holy Cross vs. Somerset Predictions
Actually, I'm not. Born and raised in NKY my whole life...I just do my homework when it comes to predicting.
-
Covington Holy Cross vs. Somerset Predictions
As a resident of northern Kentucky, I am going to go against the crowd and go with Somerset on this one. Somerset is a dedicated team that finds ways to win. Head Coach Robbie Lucas is an extremely humble man who knows how to get the most out of his players. Somerset has been so close to a state title, but fate has had other plans. I think the third time will truly be a charm, and the Jumpers will prevail, not only in this game, but in the championship game as well. Holy Cross will be tough, especially coming off such a program-defining win against New Cath, but I think the Jumpers come in motivated, focused, and on a mission to get back to Bowling Green to avenge the disappointment of the past two seasons. Alex Lange and Storm Wilson have big games combined with the might of the Slaughter brothers on defense to give the Jumpers the edge. Good luck to whomever on Holy Cross has the job of blocking Tevin or Trey Slaughter. My prediction: Somerset-23 Holy Cross-10. Good luck to both teams, and safe travels to all who are coming out. Should be a dynamic and fun atmosphere.
-
9th Region this year? Who wins it, which teams/players are to watch?
I don't think this comment was necessary. Yes, some may take longer than others to reach a certain level of maturity, but at the same time, these are 16 year old kids we are talking about. I know this kid has potential, but just like every other high school player out there, will need to put in the time and effort it takes to get to the college level. College coaches want kids that work hard in the weightroom, on the field, and in the classroom. So why don't you "keepitreal" by sparing the members of this site from the personal bashing you feel necessary to post (I wonder what your other three posts were about.) Show some respect, nobody is perfect.