Everything posted by Hardwood12th
-
12th region 2010
Mercer County has some good young players. If they develop throughout the summer the Titan's could make some noise.
-
12th Region Draw
I will take Lincoln County and West Jessamine in the finals with West moving on to Rupp.
-
Mercer County 52 Boyle County 43
Any word on how the young girls for Mercer played? They seem to be giving them a big spark in the post season. Congrats to the Lady Titans.
-
East Jessamine 62 Mercer County 60
This was a great game. Two very equal teams and I agree if they played 10 times, each would win 5. I felt very sorry for the Mercer seniors. They have had lots of obsticals in their high school careers. You could tell that all three seniors wanted to win this game badly and gave 110%. Congratulations to East on a well played game.
-
12th Region Tournament (JV)
Congratulations to Mercer County. The future looks bright!
-
Mercer County 68 Garrard County 64
Final from Lancaster. Good game from start to finish.
-
Mercer County 79 Boyle County 70
I saw this on the score board. Does anyone have details?
-
West Jessamine 90 Mercer County 81
I was unable to attend. Does anyone have details?
-
Boyle County 50 Wayne County 46
This is a shocker especially since it was played on the road. Congratulations to the Rebels!
-
Danville 77 Burgin 67
Congrats to Danville on the win and to Burgin for a great run.
-
John Hardin 73 Mercer County 48
This Mercer team puzzles me. One game they look like they could win the region and the next they couldn't beat a middle school team. Any thoughts from those of you who have seen them play?
-
Danville 75 McCreary Central 74
Congratulations to Danville on a super win. Just goes to show that anyone can win this region. Time will tell.
-
Mercer County 85 Western Hills 59
It was good to see the Titans back on track and playing defense. Congratulations on a nice victory.
-
Burgin 63 Mercer County 58
What I saw was that Compton and Yeast played good defense and their hustle created several turnovers and contributed to Mercer taking the lead in the 4th quarter. I agree that substitution patterns have been a problem for Mercer all year but that didn't just begin with Tatum. As for McCloud, he is athletic and getting better every game. He and Cinnamon don't even play the same position. McCloud = point guard, Cinnamon = shooting guard .
-
Burgin 63 Mercer County 58
Burgin did beat Mercer Co. last year when Coach Cundiff was the coach. As for the Taylor kid... he could be a very good ball player but he only wants to be about 50% of the game. If Taylor would play the entire game Mercer would win the regiion. I don't think that will happen because he doesn't have it in him.
-
Burgin 63 Mercer County 58
This loss can't be blamed on Coach Tatum. Mercer played with no intensity in the first half and the refs. played a major role in the Burgin win when the game was on the line. I thought Mercer Counties subs were what got them back into the game so I'm not understanding the comment about substitution pattens.
-
Scott County 64 Anderson County 49
How did Penny play for Anderson Co.?
-
Danville 68 Lincoln County 66
Congrats to Danville. This is very surprising but I believe we are in for lots of surprises in the months to come. Seems there are many teams that could end up in Rupp not just one or two.
-
Madison Central 72 Mercer Co. 59
Word from Bowling Green was that Mercer played a good.game but ran out of gas. They had two hard games in four hours and Madison Central only had one game tonight.
-
Who was the best Player from your High school ever???
Aggie Sale played at Kavanaugh School in Anderson County. He only coached at Harrodsburg High School.
-
Game Cancellations
Mercer Co. vs Danville reschuled for Tuesday the 16th at 6:00 pm
-
Mercer coach in car wreck
The link below will take you to an article about Coach Cundiff in todays Danville Advocate Messenger. http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=46491&format=html
-
Mercer coach in car wreck
As well as the above, I heard this morning that Coach Cundiff had surgery last night to repair a puncture in the bowel. Our thoughts are with the coach and his family.
-
Southwestern 40 Boyle County 28
Did Jordan Aulmiller play? The outcome of this game really surprised me.
-
Anderson County 65 Mercer County 62
McRay is supposed to be the point guard/floor general. He is doing a decent job in his roll. Patterson was matched against Penny and that was a total mismatch. He actually did a good job of guarding him for the most part. IMO, Penny is a very good high school player but as far as D1.... I don't know.