Everything posted by SportsFan62
-
Walton Verona 65 Gallatin County 58
Great game by the Bearcats, tightened up their D after Gallatin hit 6 of 7 threes in the first quarter and played a good team game. Hats off to Travis Davis I believe is his name of Gallatin, I believe he hit 8 or 9 three's in the game and about 4 of them were from 3 or more feet behind the line, he shot the lights out tonight.
-
Walton Verona 50 Williamstown 48 (All A 8th Region Semi's)
This was a very ugly game for Walton as stated before. I got their late in the first quarter and from then until late in the 4th they were just not playing good ball. In the first half they just could not get a shot to fall and the free throws shooting was just flat out awful in the first half. Looked like Williamstown was going to pull it off until Ponzer took over. Took a couple dumb shots in my opinion but they went in so I cant say anything. Good game WV and better play better tonight.
-
Gallatin County/Walton Verona 1-23-10 Predictions
This is true but I would say that was the worst game Walton has played all year. If they are shooting the ball especially from 3 point land they will be ok. Ponzer will need to play a big game and they will need to use their big guys tonight to win. I will go Walton by 5.
-
2010 NKY Freshman Invitational Tournament played at CovCath
Who else is in the tournament at CovCath? I would imagine St. Henry is in the CovCath tournament and not the Lloyd tournament? Havent got to see much of the freshman cru this year but I was just curious.
-
Carroll County/Walton Verona All "A" predictions
Game was alot closer than I expected I believe Walton won by about 10 or so but that was mostly because of free throws late in the game, Walton shot very poorly from the 3 point line most of the game but did hit a few down the stretch. When they finally started to use their big men down low is when they really started scoring a getting some type of lead. Must say good effort by CC though as I was told Walton beat them by almost 30 just a few days before.
-
The Game Isn't Over Simply Because the Horn Blows
Im not sure that it is a matter of sportsmanship, I would be pretty pumped too if my team won a game with a buzzer beater 3 like what seems to be the case here.
-
St.Henry/Newport Predictions
Okay :thumb: I thought it was a shot at the players, giving them no credit for the success St. Henry has had over the years.
-
St. Henry 66 Boone County 62 (OT)
How many years in a row are people going to call the Crusaders overachieving? Now I know they love being the underdog, but how many years in a row have people called them overachieving?
-
St.Henry/Newport Predictions
Now what exactly are you trying to say here?
-
St. Henry 66 Boone County 62 (OT)
Yeah for the most part all I heard was members of the crowd yelling about calls the ref's made, and that was both sides of the gym. I thought it was kind of odd though it seemed like the Boone side was complaining more than the St. Henry side, although there were quite a few more fouls called against St. Henry than Boone, ALOT more.
-
Villa/St.Henry Predictions 1/15
Any updates on the game? Couldn't make it out to this one tonight.
-
Boone County/St Henry Predictions (1/14)
Embarrasing is not the way to put it. St Henry is a solid team when they play a good game like they know they can. They did that last night and they beat them. They played better, made their free throws and hit big shots and Boone didn't. It isn't embarrasing they were just a better team last night.
-
St. Henry 66 Boone County 62 (OT)
I still can not understand why Carrol does not get more minutes than he does. Every game I have been to when he gets off the bench he does a great job. Whether it be scoring or defense he just about always gets the job done but doesn't seem to get as much PT as he deserves. Take last night for example. Comes in late in the game with his team down a few and hitstwo HUGE threes. He misses either of them I think we can all agree they don't win that game. Also had a big overtime to give his team the boost they needed to win. With him getting more playing time I think that makes them a much better team, I believe him and Bessler are by far the best two big men thay have and should get a majority of the playing time.
-
C.J. Leslie playing in Lexington
I was a littly disappointed with the game Friday night. They matched Word of God up with a team that could not match up if their life depended on it. Not taking anything away from the kids, but nothing you can do when your tallest player is maybe 6 foot 2 and has to guard one of the best big men in the country. Therefore, It was basically a dunk contest for the multiple D-1 players on Word of God. They even had to stop the game at one point because a failed alley-oop attempt resulted in the rim being jammed downward. Pretty much it looked like Word of God was playing street ball, no defense and all highlight plays. Wish they wouldve matched them up with a bigger, more athletic team like Word of God.
-
Five-point play?
:thumb: Way to be that guy!
-
Boone County/St Henry Predictions (1/14)
Yeah the tallest player on St. Henry would maybe be a small forward possbily a power forward on a team like Boone County.
-
Newport Wildcats transfer
Must have been a pretty good team looks like they won something. Who all played on the team for the few tournaments they were in?
-
Highlands 73 St. Henry 41
Past Two years it has been right around the Invitational at Thomas Moore.They've made their turnarounds at that point in the season.
-
Highlands/St.Henry predictions 12/8
You are completely right. I am not sure what could have caused this then, but I can find out for you guys.
-
Highlands/St.Henry predictions 12/8
Sounds like doctor's appointment. If the kid does not have a doctor's note, then he must be at school by 8:30 at St. Henry I believe. If they do not make it to school unexcused by this time, then they are not allowed to participate in any after school activities. That being said, I do not believe any one player makes that big of a difference for the Cru.
-
Poll: St Henry/Covington Catholic Prediction
The St. Henry team has talent, they just lack experience. If they put it together, they could surprise people.
-
Bishop Brossart 64 St. Henry 55
Does anyone have a stat line for the game? How'd Barnett or Carroll do for the Cru?
-
George Rogers Clark/Holmes scrimmage
I was wondering for the people who were at the scrimmage how McClendon played?
-
Kentucky Colonels 13 Future Stars 3 (5 innings)
Left field line is 330 :thumb:
-
2009 State Baseball Championship Contest
First Round Winners 1 - Lawrence County 1 - Bullitt East 1 - Lex Cath 1 - Trinity Championship game 3 - Bullitt East 3 -Lex Cath State Champ 5 - Lex Cath Total Runs - 5