Everything posted by Bear_Paw
-
Southwestern vs. Harlan County Predictions
"Should have a thread asking how many passes will HC attempt. I will start it,my answer is "2"" Agreed....and there is a very good possibility both will be for scores.
-
Southwestern vs. Harlan County Predictions
Harlan County in a hard fought close one.
-
Harlan County 2011
We just let the bid go a couple of weeks ago. Construction should begin very soon. I'll try to keep you updated. I seriously doubt it will be ready even for a late game. The Baseball/Softball/Tennis complex in nearing completion. I have never seen anything like it in Ky.
-
Final 5A State Rankings
I gotta laugh and 3-5 ranked ahead of Harlan County. I'll ask for Highlands comments on this...
-
Hilton to Pikeville College?
Things should go well for him....He is a solid recruiter...lol
-
Highlands 34 Harlan County 6
Towles played the entire game except for the last possession. One thing that is not hurt is his arm...lol. Looked like he was moving fairly well. In the grasp a couple of times and pulled loose. Like his QB coach very hard to bring down. BIG TIME Prospect.
-
Highlands 34 Harlan County 6
Congrats to the Birds. To answer an earlier question HC will stay in 5A. Now to the game. After we finally settled in (at 14-0 with 8 minutes left in 1st) HC played well the rest of the first half. McMallian took one 72 yards to pull the score to 14-6. HC had the ball in the red zone two other times including a 4th and 6 inches on the 3 we couldn't convert. HC amassed 206 yards rushing in the first half. The bird defense bent but only broke once. The opening drive in the second half Highlands took it 55 yards right down our throats. HC hung tough for a while then the track meet broke out. Some observations: Personally I thought we could block Highlands and we did pretty well in the first half, but not so well in the second. The HHS is as fast as advertised and handles agressive blocking very well. Linebackers fly to the football. I also thought we would be able to put pressure on Towles and we did but not the kind of pressure we have been able to bring earlier....that said I think HHS blocked us better than I expected. When we got there we just had a hard time finishing off Towles. HC simply ran into a better team. No excuses and honestly no suprise HHS outplayed us. That's what they generally do. Finally I got to talk to several HHS fans throughout the night. Very polite, respectful, and courteous. EXTREME class act. Something I noticed after the game was in hand the PA announcer said "Let's hear it for our Bears, we're proud of them", looked over and several Highlands fans were applauding...Outstanding sportsmanship. Go get #20 Birds....This HC fan will be pulling for you. :notworthy:
-
Harlan County vs. Highlands (11/26) - Who wins and why?
Weather is very brisk and overcast. I looked at the river and it had no noticable change in color meaning rainfall was fairly insignificant. I doubt there is any significant change in field conditions, should be good for grass. As for eating...Shiloh's in London just off exit 41 is the best resturant on the path. That will leave you about 90 minutes from the field. El Charrito in Harlan is the best close. No alcohol served in Harlan YET. Just passed. Can't really think of anything in between. If it's me....the call is Shiloh. Give you time to digest. Travel Safe my Friends.
-
Harlan County vs. Highlands (11/26) - Who wins and why?
Birds always bring their A game. This has been an awsome week to exchance post with you guys and get to know you and your program better. A lot of pre-conceived notions about you and your program have been dispelled in my mind. You guys have shown nothing but class and respect. Safe travels....I almost hate that the posting is over...lol.
-
Harlan County vs. Highlands (11/26) - Who wins and why?
The difference in these kids and your average "big line" is they are very strong and every one of them can move on both sides.
-
Harlan County vs. Highlands (11/26) - Who wins and why?
Awsome web site! Biggest suprise to me was the school is public. I thought it was private. Good luck to you and safe travel wishes. It has been a lot of fun reading and posting on both boards with you guys.
-
Harlan County vs. Highlands (11/26) - Who wins and why?
K - 8
-
Harlan County vs. Highlands (11/26) - Who wins and why?
James A. Cawood High School is now James A. Cawood Elementary School.
-
Do the Harlan County Black Bears have enough nickles in their pocket?
Man I don't know if this has anything to do with anything but nickles have been falling out of the sky in Harlan all day...:lol:
-
Harlan County vs. Highlands (11/26) - Who wins and why?
I would love for ours and yours(Freshman) to play just to see how we could compete. Nobody came within 40 of our freshmen...
-
Harlan County vs. Highlands (11/26) - Who wins and why?
Jesus Christ I can't believe someone finally said that...
-
$1,000,000 Donation for Harlan County Coal Miners Memorial Stadium!
You should see the gym. Seriously off the hook!
-
$1,000,000 Donation for Harlan County Coal Miners Memorial Stadium!
No but we have procured the services of a turf specialist from about 30 miles down the road to help prepare the field we have. Seems the lack of rain has left the grass brown and dry. :laugh: Oh yeah...um you guys bring the chopper....be careful...it's a little tricky navigating in through the hills. HARH might let you use their pad...lol :idunno:
-
$1,000,000 Donation for Harlan County Coal Miners Memorial Stadium!
Didn't see this posted anywhere on here...hope I'm not duplicating. Harlan County received a most generous donation from Mr. & Mrs Richard Gilliam today in the amount of $1,000,000. :thumb: The funds will be used to help complete Phase I of II and hopefully will be complete to play on next year. Several People have worked very had since the consolidation and this is a huge reward for all of Harlan County. Thank you all so much, especially Mr. & Mrs Gilliam. $1,000,000 this afternoon....Regional Championship this evening! Pretty awsome day in Harlan I'd say!
-
Harlan County 50 Mercer County 13
Great Job Bears. Guess this helps cover the prediction the other district sweeps.......
-
5A Playoff Predictions Clay County/Lincoln County
Cant see Lincoln winning at Clay
-
5A Playoff Predictions Perry County Central/Pulaski County
WOW! Wish a full recovery soon for these young men.
-
13th Region 2010-11 Boys Basketball- Who's on top?
I expect a hit you in the mouth team from Bell. Could be as physical as anyone in a long time from the 52nd.
-
Who wins 5A?
Gotta love how HC was left off that list even though they are currently a top 8 team...lol.
-
Mercer County/Harlan County Playoff Game 1 Predictions
Mapquest says 143 miles 2 hours and 46 minutes. I don't see them making it on a bus in less than 3.5 hours, especially if they stop anywhere. As for the game...Bell County is VERY good. The score of that game was 14-0 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd qtr. One of those scores was set up on a blocked punt. Admittedly the wheels fell off in the 4th but HC played Bell as well as anybody for 3 qtrs. I think this is a very angry group of Bears looking to take some frustration out on sombody. Unfortunatley the Titans are first in line. It may be close for a while but HC pulls away.....