• Highlands
    • Bowling Green
    • John Hardin
    • Johnson Central
    • Christian County
    • Warren Central
    • Pulaski County
    • Covington Catholic

Highlands is the favorite until they lose to a 5A team...but...I voted "devil's advocate" and sent a vote for John Hardin. LOL Perhaps wasn't exactly in keeping with the strictest interpretation of the poll (I still think Highlands is the favorite), but I think John Hardin is peaking at precisely the right time. The other two teams to watch are Bowling Green - which got a wake-up call in the loss to Warren Central - and Warren Central itself, which also seems to be peaking. And although John Hardin has some potential challenges they better not overlook - even first-round opponent Jeffersontown is an athletic big-play team capable of the upset, and Anderson and Oldham Counties are no slouches - the Bulldogs wouldn't face a top 10 team until the semi-finals.

But with Bowling Green, John Hardin, and Warren Central all in the upper bracket, the Birds get to have their chief threats beat each other up en route to the finals...if HHS had had to face that kind of week-in, week-out battle on the way to the finals, their injury-plagued roster might have had a greater chance of suffering a slip-up somewhere along the line.

Bowling Green, for example, if they win this week, would be expected to face Christian County, Warren Central, and John Hardin in the weeks leading up to the finals....brutal. I would argue that Bowling Green has the toughest road to the title.