Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harlan County 2011

Featured Replies

What does Harlan County need to do to improve in 2011? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Harlan Co. will win the District Title and make a run for a State Championship. They are Big and strong and have some speed. Larkey is a Great Coach so Look Out.

Coach Larkey has them going it sounds like.

 

What is the schedule this year?

Coach Larkey has them going it sounds like.

 

What is the schedule this year?

 

I believe this is it........

 

 

2011 Schedule

 

Aug. 11 vs Corbin (Grid-o-Rama)

 

Aug. 20 at Morristown East

 

Aug. 27 vs Paul Dunbar (at Lafayette)

 

Sept. 2 at Gate City, Va.

 

Sept. 9 Open

 

Sept. 16 vs Lee, Va.

 

Sept. 23 vs Knox Central

 

Sept. 30 at George Rogers Clark

 

Oct. 7 vs Letcher Central

 

Oct. 14 at Whitley County

 

Oct. 21 vs Perry Central

 

Oct. 28 at Bell County

Will their new field be ready for the 2011 season? Anybody have any pictures?

I also really like what Coach Larkey is doing at Harlan County. You can just tell the kids believe in him and that they can win state if they keep working hard. Community is behind the Black Bears big time. They were great hosts when we visited last Fall. Very nice folks.

Will their new field be ready for the 2011 season? Anybody have any pictures?

 

We just let the bid go a couple of weeks ago. Construction should begin very soon. I'll try to keep you updated. I seriously doubt it will be ready even for a late game. The Baseball/Softball/Tennis complex in nearing completion. I have never seen anything like it in Ky.

We just let the bid go a couple of weeks ago. Construction should begin very soon. I'll try to keep you updated. I seriously doubt it will be ready even for a late game. The Baseball/Softball/Tennis complex in nearing completion. I have never seen anything like it in Ky.

 

Got any Pictures? Will have to make the drive when finished.

Harlan County will have a chance to go to the State Finals the next four years under the current alighnment. 5A East is maybe the weakest semi state in any class now. I'm not knocking Harlan County either I just don't know if any one else in the eastern half of 5A can get in their way come playoff time.

Good Luck Black Bears, I think you are about to go on a magical run the next few years.

Thing looking good for the Black Bears this season. A lot of work still to do to reach their goals. Going to be an exciting season

 

Future site of Coal Miner's Memorial Stadium

field1.jpg

 

Work beginning!!

field begins.jpg

Thing looking good for the Black Bears this season. A lot of work still to do to reach their goals. Going to be an exciting season

 

Future site of Coal Miner's Memorial Stadium

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33910[/ATTACH]

 

Work beginning!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33911[/ATTACH]

 

Sorry Mamma Bear, just something about that Stadium where Highlands vs. Harlan played last year in the playoffs was just classic. Loved the place. Pure football.:thumb:

Who does HC scrimmage?

Sorry Mamma Bear, just something about that Stadium where Highlands vs. Harlan played last year in the playoffs was just classic. Loved the place. Pure football.:thumb:

 

Cawood is my Alma Mater and will always be special to me too, but come back and visit when this new facility is complete. Over the years there has been a lot of sacrifice by a lot of men who have worked very hard moving coal out of the mountains so that their youngins can have the things they need. All of them wanting more for their kids than what they had. I believe that when the Black Bears take the field on Friday night's at Coal Miner's Memorial Stadium that they will honor the men and women who have helped worked so hard to provide such a nice play go play and watch a football game in the mountains. We're all excited here! Anxious for this season to begin and hope we may be able to squeeze a game in on this new field this year.

Sorry Mamma Bear, just something about that Stadium where Highlands vs. Harlan played last year in the playoffs was just classic. Loved the place. Pure football.:thumb:

 

I remember visiting Cawood in 1982 when the Birds played there in the playoffs. It is a very cool place to visit!!!

Harlan Co will be very good this season. I can't wait for the matchup at Log Mountain week 10.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.