Everything posted by iKoniK
-
Holy Cross 6 Somerset 5
One of the greatest I've seen in a while.
-
Holmes 45 Holy Cross 24
No, Beechwood wasn't really close to Holy Cross.
-
Beechwood 63 Covington Catholic 56
Did I miss the Holmes, Holy Cross game?
-
Covington Catholic 43 Covington Holy Cross 39
:notworthy: That what ya wanted? lol
-
Boone County 50 Ryle 30
30 points is kind of ridiculous. Ryle was winning at the half, what was the score then?
-
NewCath vs. St. Henry All A 1/23/09
It really just depends. If the St Henry that played in the first round shows up, I see them winning, but if they play like they did against Lloyd, I see New Cath taking this game.
-
Dayton vs Newport All A 1/23/09
I'll take Newport in not much of a game. I don't really see anyone getting in Newport's way to the finals.
-
St. Henry 53 Lloyd 47
So did Lloyd play real well, St. Henry play bad, both? I would have thought St Henry would have won pretty easily in this one. Any one have a box-score.
-
NKY Student Sections
I'd say Holy Cross's student section is among the tops in NKY, and are up there with Cov Cath on Cov Cath's normal years.
-
St. Henry 60 Covington Holy Cross 47
You either weren't there or didn't see what was going on... HC did slow it down, but yes they did play sloppy. Congrats to St. Henry on the win. They made plays when they needed to, and they have a real chance on winning it all now.
-
Holmes 55 Covington Holy Cross 41
He was never holding him. He kept contact, sure, that was the way everyone should guard Pittman. Pittman started to get frustrated with Egan's defense when he was not getting his, which then led to Pittman pushing and shoving. If anything Pittman could have been called for several offensive fouls. Egan was not doing anything wrong or illegal guarding him, just playing good tough D, which Pittman has not been real use to this year. And thanks for letting me know where you were. I was there too.
-
Holmes 55 Covington Holy Cross 41
I can't take this comment seriously...
-
Holmes 55 Covington Holy Cross 41
Well she certainly didn't help HC if that's what your getting at.
-
Holmes 55 Covington Holy Cross 41
I understand you saying that you think BHS, and CovCath will beat Holy Cross. Just don't know how you can say that HC doesn't have a chance at all, that's all. If there was a year for HC to make it to the regional, this would be the one IMO.
-
Holmes 55 Covington Holy Cross 41
With what logic behind that statement? Other than Holmes, which team is that much better than Holy Cross to where HC has no chance to beat them?
-
Holmes 55 Covington Holy Cross 41
I just have to wonder what you were watching. The first half, the other Holy Cross guard, Lea I believe, guarded Riley along with whom ever subbed with him, and Giwa guarded D. Johnson, or Housely when he came in. In the second half, Giwa was switched to Riley(who had a big first half) maybe looking to shut him down better. Giwa was never guarding Riley early on.
-
Holmes 55 Covington Holy Cross 41
I wouldn't call it stall ball at all. They are running offense despite the long possessions.(it's actually there style of play believe it or not) Overall, Holy Cross was a better shooting 1st quarter, and a couple breaks going their way, away from making this game go down to the wire. Props to all Holmes players contributing to their win tonight. With Pittman not being much of a factor, it really showed how ALL their players can play, and it's great how they all have 3pt. range to go along with their great athleticism(amazing combination of talents).[/i]
-
CovCath 31 Highlands 28 (JV)
Is Thelen only varsity now?
-
Dixie Heights 84 Villa Madonna 52
This score surprises me as well. Thought Villa should have been in this one with Dixie this year.
-
Holy Cross 38 Ryle 36
Ryle's zone D did slow down the Indians, who were patient and handled it. Also, once Ryle had to step up man to man,(as said earlier), they really couldn't guard them and HC was just getting layups.
-
Holy Cross 38 Ryle 36
That is Holy Cross's identity this year to have an ugly, low-scoring game(every one of their games has been this way). With that said it was still even a ridiculously low halftime score for their games.
-
Holy Cross 38 Ryle 36
HC has their way to nullify any size mismatches inside, and tries to make that team's size work for them(HC) with their perimeter and pitch oriented offense.
-
Holy Cross 38 Ryle 36
I would say you are right on point with that assessment.
-
Holy Cross 38 Ryle 36
Great win. Low scoring, but that's exactly what the Indians want. Good, correct prediction by me:cool:. Holy Cross should start getting some recognition after this W.
-
Intense High School Basketball rivalries
Really, there were barely any Highlands students at this game in BOK center. Do these two meet again later on in the season?