Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

mountainboy

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mountainboy

  1. Thanks for that info about Kentucky High School history...I have had an opportunity over the last several years to visit and get to know Ashland's current head coach Leon Hart. He actually talked about that team and what a privilege it was to be at Ashland and how much support that town gives that team. I coach at a Central Kentucky High School myself, and have always appreciated Coach Hart and the city of Ashland for their support of Kentucky High School football.
  2. He has been at Western since graduation and has cleared the clearinghouse.
  3. I believe Central will struggle greatly this year, I've heard they were Junior heavy, but with this schedule wins will be few a far between!
  4. Great game with 2 pretty good teams. Congrats to the Eagles. I would love to see them at Rupp in March.
  5. Anybody know where you can see where the region finals will be played? It's not on the KHSAA site or Kentucky.com. Especially the Corbin-Prestonsburg and Somerset-Breathitt games.
  6. I agree that each sport needs to be classed. I thought we were headed that way when the All A started like 20 years ago, but apparently not.
  7. First, we need to realize that fooball and basketball are entirely different sports. Bad teams make the NCAA tournament all the time, it's the nature of the sport, that's why it's called March Madness. You can't play football every other day, either. 2nd, football really can't start any earlier because of the heat. I agree too many teams are in the playoffs, it needs to be the top 2 teams in each district. There also needs to be only 5 classes (I was also ok with 4). Spring ball can stay 15 to get 10, but it needs to be pushed back in the year because of the weather. Maybe the 3 weeks after spring break, or let each coach choose it,etc. Coaches are allowed an intra squad scrimmage now, keep it that way. Letting them play some one else is a disaster waiting to happen.
  8. I have coached against Aaron, he knows what he is doing. Some of you may want to do you homework, see where Clay was before he arrived.I really don't know how some on here can critisize a coach from leaving. It's NOT YOUR JOB; it's his. Coaches move for all types of reasons. Some family, some money,wanting a level playing field,challenge, lack of support( which could be anything from the adminstration, facilities, having opportunity for quality assistants, unreasonable expectations). People in all walks of life changes jobs for one reason or another. We are no different.
  9. What has Buttry ever won? The school has only won the district championship once in school history. It's not about the x's and o's; its about the Jimmy and joe's. THERE ARE NO ATHLETES AT SOUTHERN!!!!! Rick Pitino would struggle there. JMO
  10. Would be a great season if they played in a district and not a JV schedule.
  11. I was looking at Berea's schedule. Their not listed as being in a class, district, or anything. Is their record considered to be varsity or jv?
  12. The Lexington Horsemen play in the spring/summer on saturday nights. It's kind of like playing football in the living room when you were little or PE class. I can see how a lot of people would like it, however. It's just not my thing, I guess I just like the smell of grass, getting cold, and being rained on.
  13. Other than maybe Jenkins, I have never known any of these teams to have difficulty fielding a team. Go see Bellevue play football, in the past. they have often, well more often that most, beaten Beechwood. Please look at some actual facts before saying some things.
  14. I would be interested in seeing what the coaches at St. X and Trinity make, and what their duties are. We also need to be aware "other duties" could mean many other things than teaching in a classroom. In a Herald Leader article a few years ago, it was reported that Coach Columbia at Clark County was the highest paid coach, however, it included his salary as an assistant principal. So coaches "other duties" can be things that are very important and would pay well even if they weren't coaching.
  15. I'm pretty sure there 2A. Coach Harriss was there coach? They did okay last year to just be getting starting, I don't know why he'd leave.
  16. It won't be Cronin, he's got it way too good where he's at.
  17. Thank you HDE. Evarts and Cumberland had to deal with Corbin and Middlesboro every year. This also shows how much population this county had lost during this time. That's what happens when a state turns it's back on a region, but I won't get into that. The point is, add Lynch to it, and things change drastically.
  18. It is on page 4, listed under Harlan County Coach. Last post 2-4.
  19. There is another thread similiar to this. I mentioned Coach Nolan (Coach at Cawood) and someone said they heard he would be at Harlan Independent next year. Check out that other forum.
  20. Sounds like a red carpet affair, was that Rivers woman out there asking people questions? Did NBC pick it up?:lol: Just joking, congrat's to the Bluebirds. If my school had a season like that, I would want the red carpet.
  21. Lynch should be considered in this argument, they consolidated with Cumberland in about 1980. Count them, and things change a bit. This could also be the reason these schools don't have as much playoff: They got beat by Lynch, like everybody else did. Also, Cawood didn't exist until the mid 60's or so.
  22. Any word on yesterday's interviews?
  23. What's his background?
  24. What's going on with that place? They seemed to run off McNamee, who from an outsider looking in was a favorite son, now there looking for a coach again already? How long was this coach there and what happened? Are expectations unrealistic there?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.