Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harlan County Basketball

Featured Replies

Does anyone know if Harlan County High is going to have a press conference for the Boys and girls job. If so when is the projected date and will it be in the same location as the football. I really thought they did a tremendous job with the football and would like to see the same with both girls and boys Basketball.

Does anyone know if Harlan County High is going to have a press conference for the Boys and girls job. If so when is the projected date and will it be in the same location as the football. I really thought they did a tremendous job with the football and would like to see the same with both girls and boys Basketball.

 

I haven't heard about a press conference for the basketball jobs; but I do know that they hope to name the coaches as soon as this season is over.

I really don't see them having anymore press conferences (could be wrong), because if they had one for basketball then you would just about have to have one for sports like Tennis, Track, and so forth. I don't think they will do that, but they might! I would say they had it for football because it was the first hire of the new school besides the principal. Who knows?

Does anyone know if Harlan County High is going to have a press conference for the Boys and girls job. If so when is the projected date and will it be in the same location as the football. I really thought they did a tremendous job with the football and would like to see the same with both girls and boys Basketball.

 

WhatIi'm hearing they will have the same thing for the new Basketball coach...I would just like to know some names they are looking at for the coach... can someone help me out with that?:confused:

What i'm hearing they will have the same thing for the new Basketball coach... i would just like to know some names they are looking at for the coach... can someone help me out with that?:confused:

 

Mike Jones is the only name I am hearing. It is his if he wants it.

Mike Jones..will be the man unless he wants to stay as a Principal and make more money for retirement. He has been out of it for a little while and might enjoy going home at 3:30 each day a little more than most of us know. If he does not take the job I look for Coach Nolan to be named the leader of the Bears.

Mike Jones..will be the man unless he wants to stay as a Principal and make more money for retirement. He has been out of it for a little while and might enjoy going home at 3:30 each day a little more than most of us know. If he does not take the job I look for Coach Nolan to be named the leader of the Bears.

There is another thread similiar to this. I mentioned Coach Nolan (Coach at Cawood) and someone said they heard he would be at Harlan Independent next year. Check out that other forum.

There is another thread similiar to this. I mentioned Coach Nolan (Coach at Cawood) and someone said they heard he would be at Harlan Independent next year. Check out that other forum.
I do not think they will give the job to Nolan even if Jones does not take the job. I think most people in Harlan Co. want a coach that has never coached any of the boys who will be playing for the Black Bears next season. Again, I think Jones would be a great coach to get the Program started like Larkey in football.:thumb:

Wideopen you are exactly right. They don 't want anyone to accuse the new coach of playing favorites.

 

Nolan is a good coach and will not have a hard time finding a job!

  • Author
There is another thread similiar to this. I mentioned Coach Nolan (Coach at Cawood) and someone said they heard he would be at Harlan Independent next year. Check out that other forum.

 

I can't find this forum. Where is this?

I can't find this forum. Where is this?

It is on page 4, listed under Harlan County Coach. Last post 2-4.

How many starters from the 3 schools will be returning next year?

 

Could someone, (just for fun because there's no way of knowing), predict their starting lineup for the first Black Bears team? How will they stack up to the rest of the 13th region?

How many starters from the 3 schools will be returning next year?

 

Could someone, (just for fun because there's no way of knowing), predict their starting lineup for the first Black Bears team? How will they stack up to the rest of the 13th region?

Caldwell who is around 6'4 from Cawood would be a solid pick at center for the bears next season.

I posted all the returning starters on another thread. There are at least 10 who started at some point. Harlan County could be ranked anywhere from 3 to 8 in the region.

 

The top nine teams, in no particular order, will probably be Corbin, South Laurel, Whitley County, Clay County, North Laurel, Knox Central, Harlan County, Bell County and Middlesboro. You could also make a case for Pineville and Barbourville.

 

PG - Tyrek Simmons, Mikey Hamlin

W - Kyle Hogue, T.J. Green and Paul David Creech

F - Brandon McCoun or Blake Polson

C - Josh Caldwell, Bruce Short

I posted all the returning starters on another thread. There are at least 10 who started at some point. Harlan County could be ranked anywhere from 3 to 8 in the region.

 

The top nine teams, in no particular order, will probably be Corbin, South Laurel, Whitley County, Clay County, North Laurel, Knox Central, Harlan County, Bell County and Middlesboro. You could also make a case for Pineville and Barbourville.

 

PG - Tyrek Simmons, Mikey Hamlin

W - Kyle Hogue, T.J. Green and Paul David Creech

F - Brandon McCoun or Blake Polson

C - Josh Caldwell, Bruce Short

HC will be in the top 3? I was thinking more like 7-10 HDE.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.