Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owen Co open again??

Featured Replies

I see on the KHSAA website where Owen Co. is open again. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

  • Replies 165
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karma.......they should never let Greg Ulasiewicz leave. I thought he was a great coach @ Greenwood.

  • Author
Karma.......they should never let Greg Ulasiewicz leave. I thought he was a great coach @ Greenwood.

 

I will second that.

I see on the KHSAA website where Owen Co. is open again. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

 

Didn't I read somewhere that the coach was also AD?? Did he fire himself?

Didn't I read somewhere that the coach was also AD?? Did he fire himself?

 

Coach Hockensmith was the AD in 2006-07. They hired Randy Bishop to take over those duties when he took over the football team.

  • Author
Didn't I read somewhere that the coach was also AD?? Did he fire himself?

 

He hired himself, so maybe he fired himself.

 

Coach U got those kids to play hard for him, it was nowhere near that last year under this coach.

Do AD's hire and fire? Thought by Kentucky Law that was the the role of the superindendent. Of course the exception would be school principals, they are hired by site based councils. I'll have to look that one up.

Do AD's hire and fire? Thought by Kentucky Law that was the the role of the superindendent. Of course the exception would be school principals, they are hired by site based councils. I'll have to look that one up.

 

In Kentucky, superindendents have hiring/firing authority. Each school should have a policy on hiring and usually there is a selection committee. The principal has the final notice of what name he/she sends to the superintendent for hire.

 

So really principals have the authority on who to hire. I guess the AD would hire or fire if they were also the principal.

 

Wonder what you would do if your principal were the AD and football coach. Talk about job security.

He hired himself, so maybe he fired himself.

 

Coach U got those kids to play hard for him, it was nowhere near that last year under this coach.

 

 

They might have played hard for him but I didn't see any improvements with the team.

 

So how long should you keep a coach becuase your kids play hard? If they are not showing signs of getting better then something has to change. Now most of that my be talent related. But you can't fire the kids.

  • Author
They might have played hard for him but I didn't see any improvements with the team.

 

So how long should you keep a coach becuase your kids play hard? If they are not showing signs of getting better then something has to change. Now most of that my be talent related. But you can't fire the kids.

 

It sure did not get better this past year, it got worse alot worse. At least under Coach U they could score a little.

It sure did not get better this past year, it got worse alot worse. At least under Coach U they could score a little.

 

And according to some on here would show up for practice!

A successful program needs to be more than kids just showing up to practice and scoring "alittle". If Coach U could only do those two things, then Owen Co. was better off looking for another coach that could take Owen to the next level. Just showing up wont do it.

A successful program needs to be more than kids just showing up to practice and scoring "alittle". If Coach U could only do those two things, then Owen Co. was better off looking for another coach that could take Owen to the next level. Just showing up wont do it.

 

TRue, but showing up to practice is a start. I don't have a dog in this fight @ all...I'm just going by what I have read on here (like so many of us do). But I know that Coach Ulasiewicz is/was a solid coach with little or no support while he was @ Owen. IMO his succesor bit off more than he could chew and now the kids up there are the ones who have to suffer.

  • Author
TRue, but showing up to practice is a start. I don't have a dog in this fight @ all...I'm just going by what I have read on here (like so many of us do). But I know that Coach Ulasiewicz is/was a solid coach with little or no support while he was @ Owen. IMO his succesor bit off more than he could chew and now the kids up there are the ones who have to suffer.

 

How true, How true.

Then i feel very sorry for the kids up at Owen Co. BTW where did Bishop come from?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.